U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2014, 11:01 AM

7 posts, read 11,234 times

Advertisements

So I am a male born in the US but my heritage is south asian (indian specifically), because of this I know that my experiences in life will differ greatly from those of a white male. Now even though my face and appearance are foreign, I was born and raised in America so I am pretty much an American by behavior and what I do. I don't follow any indian customs or even speak the language.

That said, where in the US will it be easy for me to fit in with people of other races and not be forced to live with other indians and associate with them? It is not that I hate the way other indians looks, I just don't associate with their culture or want much to do with it.

Being politically incorrect here, I want to make friends with guys of other races and date women of other races. Where in the US will my appearance not to be a massive barrier in doing so?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2014, 11:29 AM

390 posts, read 785,096 times
San Francisco is the most diverse city in the US, and is VERY accepting of people of different and even eccentric ways of life. Other cities that are accepting of outsiders are NY, Atlanta and Miami.

I would shy away from most "Red" states...conservative areas of the US...basically all of the southern states, which generally do not look kindly upon strangers or those with different cultures.

Old 07-30-2014, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tor_Nado View Post
San Francisco is the most diverse US city in the US, and is VERY accepting of people of different and even eccentric ways of life. I would shy away from most "Red" states...conservative areas of the US...basically all of the southern states, which generally do not look kindly upon strangers or those with different cultures.
I have stayed in San Francisco before, for some reason I saw a lot of white guys there with asian girls but hardly if ever the other way around. It seems like when it comes to interracial dating in san fran, it is almost unheard of for white women there to go interracial.

Old 07-30-2014, 11:31 AM

13,262 posts, read 17,789,000 times
It seems to be very much an age thing. Both! The frat crowd not letting you in and you not wanting to have anything to do with Indians.
You may be happy everywhere in the US - let the chip fall off your shoulder, relax, be yourself.

Old 07-30-2014, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threestep View Post
It seems to be very much an age thing. Both! The frat crowd not letting you in and you not wanting to have anything to do with Indians.
You may be happy everywhere in the US - let the chip fall off your shoulder, relax, be yourself.
I don't mind making friends with indians, it is just that I don't want anything to do with the culture itself.

As for the frat crowd, ya, I wish they would give me a chance but I guess not.

Old 07-30-2014, 05:15 PM

51 posts, read 131,675 times
Big cities pretty much everywhere. Houston is probably the most diverse city I've ever been to.

Old 07-30-2014, 06:15 PM

4,403 posts, read 4,610,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WorriedUnderGradStudent View Post
I have stayed in San Francisco before, for some reason I saw a lot of white guys there with asian girls but hardly if ever the other way around. It seems like when it comes to interracial dating in san fran, it is almost unheard of for white women there to go interracial.
It's not just San Francisco. White male/Asian female couples are a lot more common than the other way around. Same thing with black male/ white female couples being more common.

As for diversity in general, California is a very diverse state.

Old 07-30-2014, 06:24 PM

3,147 posts, read 2,942,274 times
Everywhere. I have seen the least amount of racism in small, rural communities. People try to paint them as evil, but in this modern day and age it isn't true.

Old 07-30-2014, 08:01 PM

14,151 posts, read 19,771,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tor_Nado View Post
San Francisco is the most diverse city in the US, and is VERY accepting of people of different and even eccentric ways of life. Other cities that are accepting of outsiders are NY, Atlanta and Miami.

I would shy away from most "Red" states...conservative areas of the US...basically all of the southern states, which generally do not look kindly upon strangers or those with different cultures.
You have no idea.

Houston is extremely diverse and open to everyone. Miami is open, including Atlana, Charlotte, New Orleans, Dallas, etc. You are American.

Old 07-30-2014, 08:28 PM

4,360 posts, read 3,655,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WorriedUnderGradStudent View Post
Being politically incorrect here, I want to make friends with guys of other races and date women of other races. Where in the US will my appearance not to be a massive barrier in doing so?
There must be "Indian" American woman about. What is wrong with them? Some are very pretty. Take the easy way out in life, one which creates fewer problems.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.