U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2014, 01:22 PM

21,187 posts, read 30,343,833 times

Advertisements

It's becoming increasingly clear that the OP asks questions, shoots down responses with secondhand hyperbole and reasons why the recommendations aren't good enough, which may I point out has been an ongoing theme among their many threads posted in varying areas of the country (outside of the "paradise" known as Hartford, CT). If y'all want to continue to take the bait, go for it...otherwise, do yourself a favor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2014, 01:47 PM

11,145 posts, read 14,113,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
It's becoming increasingly clear that the OP asks questions, shoots down responses with secondhand hyperbole and reasons why the recommendations aren't good enough, which may I point out has been an ongoing theme among their many threads posted in varying areas of the country (outside of the "paradise" known as Hartford, CT). If y'all want to continue to take the bait, go for it...otherwise, do yourself a favor.
Wrong. I just happen to be more cautious and critical of things.

Old 08-01-2014, 11:46 PM

4,114 posts, read 9,225,310 times
I would NOT call Louisville and Cincinnati particularly welcoming to newcomers, based on personal experience.

Maybe more of the smaller college cities like Bloomington, IN, Urbana/Champaign, IL, Columbia, MO, Madison, WI, and Ann Arbor, MI would fit the bill?

Old 08-02-2014, 03:26 AM

3,144 posts, read 2,825,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nep321 View Post
Well let me put it this way then.

I'm native to the Hartford, CT area, which is technically part of BosWash, but it just ain't the same as being along the I-95 corridor. Ever since I moved down to Fairfield County, CT (near NYC), everything is MUCH more fast paced, people are more brash, Type A's and I can't stand it. I don't fit in at all and cant wait to leave. It's too sophisticated for me.

So, let me ask you this. How does central Connecticut (particularly the Hartford area) compare to most Midwestern metro areas? I mean, are people in Hartford County really that much more brash than Midwestern people? Because, Hartford County is MUCH simpler, slower and laid back than the NYC or Boston areas. It's more "middle class" and "normal," which I prefer. I mean, drivers NEVER honk their horns around there, like you would experience in the NYC or Boston areas, among other things.
I have lived outside Boston. So I get it. All I can tell you is to start visiting places. For instance, I hate Pittsburgh. But love everything north of I-80. Ohio I found particularly pleasant. I used to want to live in the big cities and have changed on that. I am finding the small cities much more enjoyable.

There are so many small college towns, not the ones always on those lists, that are really cool places to live.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.