U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2014, 10:20 AM

4,114 posts, read 9,229,900 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
This.

...and this (even though it will happen eventually).

And certainly BOTH of these.
I'm with you, JJG. And I'm pulling for Fort Worth. For a city of its size, stature and increasing cosmopolitanism, its skyline is not only woefully underwhelming, but just plain ugly.

Again, I'm pulling for Ft. Worth! I don't want Ft. Worth to be the Fresno of urban places in Texas (albeit with a stronger job market).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2014, 10:37 AM
JJG

13,247 posts, read 19,179,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EclecticEars View Post
Again, I'm pulling for Ft. Worth! I don't want Ft. Worth to be the Fresno of urban places in Texas (albeit with a stronger job market).
Oh trust me (thanks, btw), there's already another city in this area that fits that description.

Things are looking up in terms of urbanism in Ft. Worth. May be a little slower than others, but it's happening.

Old 08-07-2014, 03:02 PM

13,220 posts, read 17,960,186 times
Those pictures from Fort Worth are 1970s architecture at its worst.

As for Arlington, isn't its skyline a football stadium?

Old 08-07-2014, 03:18 PM
JJG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnutella View Post
Those pictures from Fort Worth are 1970s architecture at its worst.

As for Arlington, isn't its skyline a football stadium?
That and Six Flags.

I mean, sure there are some mid rise buildings scattered around, but that's about it.

Old 08-07-2014, 06:19 PM

4,832 posts, read 10,892,252 times
Quote:
That and Six Flags.

I mean, sure there are some mid rise buildings scattered around, but that's about it.
Ugh yeah, theme parks. I'm so disgusted by how crowded and how over priced they are these days. Things we loved back are now not as good anymore.

Old 08-07-2014, 09:27 PM
JJG

Quote:
Originally Posted by the city View Post
Ugh yeah, theme parks. I'm so disgusted by how crowded and how over priced they are these days. Things we loved back are now not as good anymore.
You're gonna have to be specific with that one. I'm a Reagan Era baby, and from memory, theme parks have ALWAYS been crowded and over priced. I would think that the successful ones would be, anyway.

After all, Arlington has the ORIGINAL Six Flags. There's something special about that.

Old 08-07-2014, 09:48 PM

15,036 posts, read 4,800,491 times
In Salinas, I would gladly remove our Chuck E. Cheese pizza and replace it with a Barnes and Noble Bookstore (have to drive 25 miles north for that now). Eliminate crime in east Salinas. I would think "eliminate crime" would be on everyone's list here...sort of a no-brainer. Weather is near perfect temperature-wise here, except for the current drought. So eliminate the drought, which would mean a little more rain. Same can be said for most of the state for the last few years!

Old 08-07-2014, 09:56 PM

4,155 posts, read 4,484,668 times

Old 08-08-2014, 01:15 AM

4,832 posts, read 10,892,252 times
Quote:
You're gonna have to be specific with that one. I'm a Reagan Era baby, and from memory, theme parks have ALWAYS been crowded and over priced. I would think that the successful ones would be, anyway.

After all, Arlington has the ORIGINAL Six Flags. There's something special about that.
Disneyland and Six flags here are almost $100 for one day. No working class can afford it and barely any middle class family can. With living costs in CA, only the rich can afford it. Back in the 90s, they had passes so u can get in front of the line. Now u get a pass like that and it doesn't matter.

Old 08-08-2014, 01:05 PM

5,847 posts, read 11,021,296 times
I would like to put a big check point at every entrance to our city to prevent douchebags from coming in.
  • If you are wearing a flat-brimmed baseball hat: You can't come in
  • If your pit-bull is more of a fashion accessory than a pet: You can't come in
  • If you are wearing any MMA or IFC clothing: You can't come in
  • If Tattoos cover more than 5 percent of your body: You can't come in

I would also tear down our city hall/civic center and build one with a more beach-like design.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or