U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 12-21-2007, 07:57 AM

2,808 posts, read 3,800,894 times
Default Do any other states have something similar to Georgia's Hope Scholarship program?

From what I hear, the top high school students get free tuition to Univ of GA. I was wondering if this was the only state that offered this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2007, 08:25 AM

533 posts, read 1,030,550 times
Florida offers a program called Bright Futures which is similar to Georgia's Hope Scholarship program. I also know that South Carolina has a program set up but I don't know much about that one. You can Google Bright Futures Florida and find out more about the state program.

Old 12-21-2007, 08:42 AM

2,688 posts, read 3,408,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gimme it View Post
From what I hear, the top high school students get free tuition to Univ of GA. I was wondering if this was the only state that offered this.
Actually, any high school graduate from the state of Georgia with a B average or better can get free tuition to any state college or University as long as they maintain a B average there.

Old 12-21-2007, 01:37 PM

1,764 posts, read 3,756,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galounger View Post
Actually, any high school graduate from the state of Georgia with a B average or better can get free tuition to any state college or University as long as they maintain a B average there.
I think NM has the same thing, except the students need to maintain a C avg or better.

The tuition is subsidized by the proceeds of the NM lottery, and is good for any state schools.

Old 12-21-2007, 07:05 PM

1,950 posts, read 3,707,740 times
In West Virginia there is the Promise Scholarship program, if you have a 3.0 and make a 21 on the ACT, I forget the SAT scores. You get your tuiton waived if you attend college within West Virginia. You have to then maintain a 3.0 in college each semester to keep it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.