U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2014, 06:00 PM

9,441 posts, read 18,359,292 times

Advertisements

Denver would be a good option. It would be a short hop flight to Kansas City and its centrally located meaning its only a 2-3 hour flight to most coastal cities. Denver has non stop flights to just about every major city in the US and a handful of international routes. Denver also has also been getting more popular with millennials so its a decent city to spend your 20's. It has a decent downtown that's growing and it will have rail service to the airport in 2016. The gay bars there are pretty fun. The guys there come from all over as it's the biggest major city in the whole Mountain West region.

Last edited by Desert_SW_77; 08-06-2014 at 06:10 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2014, 06:01 PM

12 posts, read 11,860 times
It's client sites, maybe not a bad idea though to plot out the biggest clients

Might be a preffered airline in the US though we don't have one in Europe, I'll have to follow up on that. But I agree that an HUB airport would be a big advantage.

Old 08-06-2014, 07:09 PM

1,704 posts, read 2,767,155 times
I'm shocked no one has mentioned Chicago yet. It's got everything you're looking for, plus it's cheap and it has gargantuan airport infrastructure. O'Hare is a bit of a crap airport, but you can get anywhere from there and it's easy to get to and from via public transit.

Kansas City itself is actually a lot of fun, it's a great city.

Old 08-06-2014, 07:17 PM

56,742 posts, read 81,061,259 times
Actually, you may have quite a few options. Minneapolis, Ann Arbor(close to Detroit International) and Pittsburgh come to mind. Houston may be another place to look into.

Old 08-06-2014, 08:06 PM

952 posts, read 1,080,035 times
I'm shocked that ckhthankgod was the first to mention Minneapolis. Minneapolis or Denver would be my best bets for what you described. Both are hub cities with 4 seasons and growing gay populations.

Old 08-06-2014, 10:03 PM

8,452 posts, read 11,464,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nep321 View Post
Unless you're rich, I would avoid California at all costs. The state is literally losing white population as well. They are fleeing to places like Arizona, Oregon and Texas.
What a racist post.
California has people of all income levels, including poverty levels.
And we all know how intolerant of gays Arizona and Texas are. Terrible advice to the OP.

Last edited by nightlysparrow; 08-06-2014 at 11:11 PM..

Old 08-06-2014, 10:54 PM

1,640 posts, read 2,053,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nep321 View Post
Unless you're rich, I would avoid California at all costs. The state is literally losing white population as well. They are fleeing to places like Arizona, Oregon and Texas.
I've had more than enough of your foolish rhetoric, specifically regarding California. You are an ignorant, narrow-minded, one-dimensional racist like most middle and working class Italian-American New Englanders, and you truly have no clue what you're talking about. You remind me of my male family members in Rhode Island, and that's not a good thing.

California is one of the most open, tolerant, and progressive states in the entire country. Needless to say, it's one of the best states for LBGT Americans. To dismiss it as a more than viable option to the OP is absolutely ridiculous, especially since the OP desires a place with mild, sunny weather.

Long Beach in particular, where I lived from 2007 - 2009 and will be returning later this month, is one of the most open, tolerant cities in both California and the US. It is home to one of the largest, most active LBGT communities in the US and is a fantastic place to live whether you're gay or straight.

What you repeatedly fail to understand is that approximately 90% of the people who are "fleeing" California are low-income, uneducated bros and tweakers from the Inland Empire, ghetto thugs and gangbangers from LA and the East Bay returning to their "roots" in the South or Southwest, and trailer trash from the Central Valley and the rest of the undesirable inland areas of the state. These groups are "fleeing" California for states like Arizona, Oregon, and Texas because they've been priced out of California. I say let these folks leave, by all means--no one is stopping them.

Most of the people who live in California and move to California from other US states are educated, upwardly-mobile professionals because California is still a land of educational and professional opportunity unlike Arizona, Idaho, or Oregon. People move to those states seeking cheaper housing and an overall lower COL, not professional opportunity, economic prosperity, or a world-class education.

After all, lots of intellectual youngsters move to Arizona to attend Arizona State University, where 95% of applicants are admitted, to receive a world-class education that will lay the foundation for and help propel them forward in their lucrative future careers in "inside sales" at shady third-party call centers in Scottsdale and Tempe. Please, don't sicken me.

Old 08-07-2014, 02:18 AM

I'm at least happy to see according to the last two comments California should not be off the table

Old 08-07-2014, 07:49 AM

9,441 posts, read 18,359,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hag87 View Post
I'm at least happy to see according to the last two comments California should not be off the table
So is your heart saying California but for practical reasons you must consider other cities around the country? I say follow your heart.

Old 08-07-2014, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert_SW_77 View Post
So is your heart saying California but for practical reasons you must consider other cities around the country? I say follow your heart.
I'm afraid you are quite spot on
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or