Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2014, 04:21 PM

1,250 posts, read 3,604,896 times

Advertisements

Vermont
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2014, 04:26 PM

1,962 posts, read 1,816,675 times
upstate NY falls are beautiful, sometimes short, but very beautiful nonetheless. Haven't been to VT in the fall but from pictures I've seen it looks amazing in the fall.

Old 08-07-2014, 05:34 PM

165 posts, read 189,596 times
Vermont and New Hampshire, hands down! Absolutely gorgeous!

Old 08-07-2014, 05:54 PM

1,535 posts, read 2,372,194 times
ATLANTA is stunning.....70s for highs, 40s, 50s for lows from late September to Early November.

Old 08-08-2014, 05:58 PM

3,119 posts, read 6,602,514 times
My plug for Michigan (pics I have taken myself):

Upper Peninsula:

Northern Lower Peninsula:

Southern lower peninsula:

Old 08-08-2014, 07:18 PM

3,886 posts, read 4,538,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michigan83 View Post
My plug for Michigan (pics I have taken myself):
Those pictures are stunning! We went to the UP in the late part of September in '09 and the leaves were just starting to turn. By the end of the week, the colors were coming on strong even though it wasn't peak yet. One of the most beautiful places I've ever been!

BTW are the autumns considered to be short there? Does the heavy snow start as soon as the leaves fall?

One thing very cool about the Upper Peninsula is the solitude you can find there.
Even though its 1/3 the land mass of Michigan, it's only holds about 3 or 4 percent of the population of the state, so you can drive for miles through beautiful areas!

Old 08-08-2014, 07:38 PM

3,463 posts, read 5,658,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
Upstate NY, PA and New England.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert_SW_77 View Post
Vermont has the best I've seen. Outside of the Northeast the golden leaves of the aspen trees of the Rockies in Colorado are quite beautiful as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobloblawslawblog View Post
^^This. Easily Vermont. The colors I saw there in late October were so intense they were almost psychedelic. Nowhere else I've been in the fall comes close.
Agreed with all, especially BobLLB ☝☝
When I lived in VT, big buses from Jersey and NY would drive by and all the peepers on them would be snapping pictures. Raking the front yard, I felt like a monkey in the primate display lol
But really, absolutely spectacular. Every Fall, the air just felt alive . . . Electric! My favorite memories.
❤ I :heart: Vermont ♥

Old 08-08-2014, 08:57 PM

1,290 posts, read 1,342,824 times
Someone needs to post some VT fall pictures immediately!!

I have to vote for Vermont also, it is just magical.

And sorry, but whomever spoke of 70 degree days just doesn't get it.

Fall is crisp and cool, highs in the 50's...

Old 08-08-2014, 09:16 PM

10,747 posts, read 23,809,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njmom66 View Post
Someone needs to post some VT fall pictures immediately!!...

I got a few. First two are at Lake Willoughby in the NEK.

And here is one from New Hampshire...

Last edited by Champ le monstre du lac; 08-08-2014 at 09:54 PM..

Old 08-10-2014, 09:37 AM

3,119 posts, read 6,602,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Podo944 View Post
Those pictures are stunning! We went to the UP in the late part of September in '09 and the leaves were just starting to turn. By the end of the week, the colors were coming on strong even though it wasn't peak yet. One of the most beautiful places I've ever been!

BTW are the autumns considered to be short there? Does the heavy snow start as soon as the leaves fall?

One thing very cool about the Upper Peninsula is the solitude you can find there.
Even though its 1/3 the land mass of Michigan, it's only holds about 3 or 4 percent of the population of the state, so you can drive for miles through beautiful areas!
I guess I'm not quite sure what people mean by a "long" fall. If you're talking about how long the "fall weather" lasts, I really enjoy being outdoors from September through November. By November the highs are in the 50s and 40s, but you're generally not seeing regular snowfall yet. If you're talking about the colorful leaves, it starts to turn in the very last days of September. If you get a really windy and rainy bout of weather in mid October (which seems to happen a lot) the trees will be bare from that point on, except in protected areas and urban areas. I would describe the colors themselves as somewhat short-lived.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.