U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2014, 07:32 PM

4,403 posts, read 4,608,580 times

Advertisements

On the C-D fashion and beauty board I seem to be the only one that prefers women who wear makeup I am very attracted to women with the polished, artificial look. The plain look is a turn-off for me. Most everyone on that board claims few women in the community they live in wears makeup. Yet cosmetics are a multimillion dollar business so someone is buying and wearing it!

So what cities have the most polished women vs. Women who go for the natural granolla look? I have read that Dallas TX spends the most money on cosmetics per capita. Southern California also seems like a great area for makeup. When I was in Orange County most of the ladies had the artificial look i find so attractive.

Here in Yakima WA makeup use seems ethnically polarized. The city is around 50% Mexican and it's the Latinas who I see doll themselves up and wear lots of makeup (including the fake eyelashes that look so glam and sexy). Most of the white women here don't wear much makeup, they prefer the plain jane look. So what about your town or places you have visited ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2014, 07:43 PM

3,961 posts, read 3,492,098 times
Wow our new threads get more and more substance everyday.

Old 08-13-2014, 09:01 PM

421 posts, read 467,435 times
You do know women take their makeup off to clean their skin, let it breathe. So perhaps you like the fake look, but if you ever manage to land a plastic lady, you are going to be deeply disappointed at bed time.

Old 08-13-2014, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeye View Post
You do know women take their makeup off to clean their skin, let it breathe. So perhaps you like the fake look, but if you ever manage to land a plastic lady, you are going to be deeply disappointed at bed time.
Well that's obvious. My last GF wore a lot of makeup but still looked cute to me at bedtime. Anyway, I dont want to get in a debate , defend my position, or defend if its a worthy topic. I genuinely would like to know. Like any consumer product, cosmetics sell better in some places than others.

Old 08-15-2014, 04:01 PM

421 posts, read 467,435 times
Perhaps she was cute to you even at bed time because you just found her cute...

Old 08-15-2014, 05:04 PM

4,266 posts, read 6,346,948 times
This study from Time magazine in 2012 finds the most make-up conscious place in the U.S. is (drumroll please)

Fresno, Calif.!

So if painted ladies are your thing, head to Fresno -- which I've heard has little else to recommend for it -- followed by runners up in the makeup derby of Lubbock, Texas and Tulsa Oklahoma.

America's Most Beauty-Obsessed Cities | TIME.com

Old 08-15-2014, 05:05 PM

556 posts, read 631,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjlo View Post
Wow our new threads get more and more substance everyday.
This

Old 08-15-2014, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by citylove101 View Post
This study from Time magazine in 2012 finds the most make-up conscious place in the U.S. is (drumroll please)

Fresno, Calif.!

So if painted ladies are your thing, head to Fresno -- which I've heard has little else to recommend for it -- followed by runners up in the makeup derby of Lubbock, Texas and Tulsa Oklahoma.

America's Most Beauty-Obsessed Cities | TIME.com
Thank you. This is exactly the kind of information I was trying to find. Interestingly I lived in Fresno in the early 90s, on Shaw Ave across from Fresno State. Come to think of it i did find the ladies attractive there. I have a good friend from there who i still talk to all the time. He always complains about artificial looking women. Not only do i disagree but i always wonder what he's talking about.. if anything there is a shortage of women wearing cosmetics. Now it makes sense.

I visited Tulsa and was in awe of the women there but i didn't put two and two together....it must have been because they were caking on the makeup...yes! Im going to read the article now. Thanks once again.

Old 08-16-2014, 11:40 AM

12,589 posts, read 15,054,657 times
Southern California, for sure and the communities around there, such as San Diego and Orange County. The SF Bay Area, has some of these women also.

Old 08-16-2014, 01:59 PM

3,751 posts, read 3,718,075 times
Here in the Northwest women generally don't wear makeup since the rain washes it off anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or