U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2014, 10:57 AM

9,472 posts, read 5,902,811 times

Advertisements

The OP wants to know how the rest of America lives. Why do you keep directing him to all the big cities? That's NOT the country. It's the worst parts of the country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2014, 10:58 AM

66 posts, read 53,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
I live outside Detroit and I don't visit Chicago because I don't want to get shot.
:

Old 08-16-2014, 11:01 AM

14,375 posts, read 7,961,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeshua View Post
I do not have a clue of how life is in the rest of the American states. All I know is MN, I felt it slow. I went to Hutchinson, Buffalo, St. Cloud, Wilmar, Minnetonka,,,,, Minnetonka sounded a little bit nice with the cruise. Next year I will be visiting America again, I wish I had friends in DC to take me to places (I would pay for myself and for them). Ages of around 25 - 40 if women. Men should only 33 - 35.
When did the political forums become the looking for an extended date arena? I have to give you props for having the nads to post in such a weirdly bizarre fashion that you want someone to take you in, and ages must be between this and that, just in case.

Old 08-16-2014, 11:04 AM

11,780 posts, read 8,590,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwmdk View Post
The OP wants to know how the rest of America lives. Why do you keep directing him to all the big cities? That's NOT the country. It's the worst parts of the country.
Because the cities are vibrant and where most people live. OP is free to clarify what he wants, but given his post there is no reason to direct him somewhere that shuts down at 8 or 10PM.

Quote:
Going out, mingling with nice girls. No weed, no drug. Really handsome life style. Coming back next year. Will first be n DC

Old 08-16-2014, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
Because the cities are vibrant and where most people live. OP is free to clarify what he wants, but given his post there is no reason to direct him somewhere that shuts down at 8 or 10PM.
Define "vibrant"?

I find them full of death, insanity, hedonism, and narcissism.

Old 08-16-2014, 11:07 AM

14,375 posts, read 7,961,270 times
Quote:
Of course it felt slow. Minneapolis (not sure if you went there) is only the 47th largest US city. What kind of experience/vacation were you looking for?

These would have been better choices:

NYC
Chicago
LA
DC
Houston
Dallas
Miami
Seattle
Boston
Atlanta - meh, probably about the same
San Fransisco
Denver

Huge cities are not the answer!

Like for Los Angeles...screw LA. the beach scene Venice, Santa Monica, Hermosa, Manhattan, Marina Del Rey, and Torrance. Now that would have been an exciting week of sites, sounds, people, and food.

San Francisco? No No No... Santa Barbara, Monterey, Santa Cruz, Solvang...etc.

Seattle? Yea, that's about the best there is up there, though only a skip and a hop to Vancouver, which is a rockin place.

You get my drift though.

Old 08-16-2014, 11:08 AM

Quote:
:
You won't get shot in Chicago. Just keeps your wits about you and you'll be fine. Some areas are dangerous at night, but those areas don't have anything to attract tourists.

The murder rate in Detroit is 55 per 100K residents.
In Chicago it's 14-18 per 100K residents.

Old 08-16-2014, 11:12 AM

10,914 posts, read 6,100,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
I live outside Detroit and I don't visit Chicago because I don't want to get shot.
It's amazing that I lived in Chicago for 46 years and never once was shot. I have family that has lived in the city for four generations, and lives there still, and not one has ever been shot.

You know not of what you speak.

Old 08-16-2014, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwmdk View Post
Define "vibrant"?

I find them full of death, insanity, hedonism, and narcissism.
Lol, of course you do - most people wouldn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
Huge cities are not the answer!

Like for Los Angeles...screw LA. the beach scene Venice, Santa Monica, Hermosa, Manhattan, Marina Del Rey, and Torrance. Now that would have been an exciting week of sites, sounds, people, and food.

San Francisco? No No No... Santa Barbara, Monterey, Santa Cruz, Solvang...etc.

Seattle? Yea, that's about the best there is up there.

You get my drift though.
Those are all basically included in the LA metro. Manhattan beach is what, 20 minutes from LA?

Old 08-16-2014, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Lol, of course you do - most people wouldn't.
So define "vibrant".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or