U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2014, 11:16 AM

3,451 posts, read 3,400,713 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbesdj View Post
None. The states that the US is already living without the states it needs: Ontario, Quebec, Nova Scotia, Saskatchewan, Manitoba....
This. Especially Ontario, the ugliest province.

Old 08-22-2014, 12:05 PM
Status: "Got the rocking modern neon sound" (set 13 days ago)

2,046 posts, read 1,997,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakecakecake View Post
VT and NH are basically just extensions of upstate NY in my opinion.
Nah.

Upstate NY is an extension of New England.

Old 08-22-2014, 12:24 PM

10,847 posts, read 11,270,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewcifer View Post
I dislike this question.
then don't participate in the game.

Old 08-22-2014, 12:27 PM

2,343 posts, read 2,754,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf39us View Post
Texas!
Florida!

Old 08-22-2014, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjlo View Post
In other words, states where the population isn't progressive. Yes lets just engage political genocide and get rid of diversity of thought.

Let's get rid of these states and see how much your groceries cost. What a dick post. I mean seriously who needs the bread belt f**kem.
not really.

My criteria was if the state has 1) a lot of people 2) major cities 3) economic and cultural influence.

I don't really care about "progressiveness".

Rhode Island would be in the list but it takes too little land so I didn't bother mentioning it.

Old 08-22-2014, 12:31 PM

35,108 posts, read 40,267,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
First of all, spare me of the every state is equally important/beautiful/has its own uniqueness kind of platitude. It is neither interesting nor original. Not even true.

In reality, what are the state you think the country can live without, without being perceived differently from an economic, cultural and political perspective?

I think the country will be just fine without Oklahoma, entire north west Texas, Arkansas, Kansas and Kentucky. To a less extend, Nebraska, Missouri. Iowa and Idaho seem very unimportant too.

You live in Canada from your stated location, how would you know what states could be done without in the USA?

Personally I think none of them can be done without no matter what their perceived short comings are from outsiders.

Old 08-22-2014, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post

Personally I think none of them can be done without no matter what their perceived short comings are from outsiders.
yeah, they are equally important and US can't live without any of the 50, blah blah.

Old 08-22-2014, 12:37 PM

3,961 posts, read 3,496,941 times
Quote:
not really.

My criteria was if the state has 1) a lot of people 2) major cities 3) economic and cultural influence.

I don't really care about "progressiveness".

Rhode Island would be in the list but it takes too little land so I didn't bother mentioning it.
But you mentioned a state like Texas which has all of the above, so why are you inconsistent with your own criteria? Not to mention all the states you listed are critical for the food supply. Cities don't exist without food, and certainly aren't capable of producing it to sustaining levels. It seems just another way to put down places that you don't understand, or are too insecure to leave alone.

Old 08-22-2014, 12:42 PM

1,426 posts, read 1,884,812 times
I think Hawaii. An example of American imperialism at its finest form. It was never 'ours' to begin with, and many native Hawaiians (as in the indigenous) still want their state back.

Old 08-22-2014, 01:48 PM

4,665 posts, read 2,643,151 times
Quote:
First of all, spare me of the every state is equally important/beautiful/has its own uniqueness kind of platitude. It is neither interesting nor original. Not even true.

In reality, what are the state you think the country can live without, without being perceived differently from an economic, cultural and political perspective?

I think the country will be just fine without Oklahoma, entire north west Texas, Arkansas, Kansas and Kentucky. To a less extend, Nebraska, Missouri. Iowa and Idaho seem very unimportant too.
Just a quick question? So is it which state or region of state? North west Texas? No way is any agricultural state not important. Kansas, Nebraska, and Iowa are all important states, even if they have little cultural influence and are not beautiful.
I would say Rhode Island, Hawaii, Montana, and Wyoming have the least influence whether culturally or economically.

Not every state is equally important, but ever state does provide something for the US whether economically or culturally. I just chose the states that I personally feel have the least impact on the rest of the US.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or