U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Next state to leave the South?
Virginia 37 48.05%
North Carolina 6 7.79%
Georgia 4 5.19%
Florida 20 25.97%
Texas 15 19.48%
Kentucky 2 2.60%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-27-2014, 01:18 AM

6,526 posts, read 7,481,467 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by meat_popsicle View Post
If that means we can further distance ourselves from the backwoods inbreds such as those in TN, you have a deal.

We do get sick of this sort of thing, but what can you do. If you don't like TN don't come here, of all the out of state plates I see on the road other than immediate neighbor states, Florida is most common. If y'all see us that way then why do you come here??? Smoky mountain NP is overflowing with Florida plates, as is all of east TN. I guess most Floridians don't agree with you huh?
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2014, 01:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SthrnCarolinaGrl View Post
Yank troll thread

Yep, you nailed it

Old 08-27-2014, 01:24 AM

2,343 posts, read 2,757,980 times
Quote:
You're entitled to your opinions, even though they're purely based on misinformation and hyperbole.
Actually, they're based on real life experience, but nice try. Your username is very fitting, by the way.

Old 08-27-2014, 01:30 AM

734 posts, read 733,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobloblawslawblog View Post
Actually, they're based on real life experience, but nice try. Your username is very fitting, by the way.
Sure they are. Your posts really make a case for your vast experience.

Old 08-27-2014, 01:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
We do get sick of this sort of thing, but what can you do. If you don't like TN don't come here, of all the out of state plates I see on the road other than immediate neighbor states, Florida is most common. If y'all see us that way then why do you come here??? Smoky mountain NP is overflowing with Florida plates, as is all of east TN. I guess most Floridians don't agree with you huh?
Well seeing as how FL is the 4th most populated state in the union, it stands to reason you'll see a few of them traveling around during the hotter months. That's the snowbirds you're seeing, who keep their cars registered here because it's cheaper. Come winter they'll be back here screwing up our roads.

Old 08-27-2014, 01:42 AM

Quote:
That's the snowbirds you're seeing, who keep their cars registered here because it's cheaper. Come winter they'll be back here screwing up our roads.

They are not snowbirds, as I am seeing these FL plates way off the interstate. Snowbirds stay on I-75, keep moving north toward Ohio, Michigan etc. Every April they pass through on the way north, every December they pass through going south. They usually venture no further into TN than the exit they get off on for gas and a hotel. I have met and talked to plenty of real full time Florida folks who are up here to see the mountains, get away from the excessive heat and humidity of Florida, get away from the cities, crowds etc.

Old 08-27-2014, 01:48 AM

Quote:
Sure they are. Your posts really make a case for your vast experience.
Sorry to burst your troll-bubble, ace. I had a job in the early 90's for a few years that took me all over the East coast, from Manchester, New Hampshire down to Homestead... and all points in-between. Driving, not flying. I spent a LOT more time in Florida than I would have cared to. All over Florida. The only cities/metros I haven't been to are Tampa/St. Pete, Fort Myers, and Key West.

You were the one who began tossing stereotypes around with your "backwoods inbred" comment in regards to Tennessee, another state I spent plenty of time in, statewide. And since we're going on your stereotype as a premise in this little discussion, I can honestly say I saw a lot more people that fit your stereotype in Florida than I did in Tennessee. Outside of the Miami-Dade metro, it was pretty blatantly obvious. Sorry if the truth hurts, but don't let it get in the way of your trolling.

Old 08-27-2014, 01:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
They are not snowbirds, as I am seeing these FL plates way off the interstate. Snowbirds stay on I-75, keep moving north toward Ohio, Michigan etc. Every April they pass through on the way north, every December they pass through going south. They usually venture no further into TN than the exit they get off on for gas and a hotel. I have met and talked to plenty of real full time Florida folks who are up here to see the mountains, get away from the excessive heat and humidity of Florida, get away from the cities, crowds etc.
Right, so they're tourists escaping the summer heat. In 6 months, we'll see plenty of TN plates down here. That's how it works for some people.

Old 08-27-2014, 01:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobloblawslawblog View Post
Sorry to burst your troll-bubble, ace. I had a job in the early 90's for a few years that took me all over the East coast, from New Hampshire down to Homestead. Driving, not flying. I spent a LOT more time in Florida than I would have cared to. All over Florida. The only cities/metros I haven't been to are Tampa/St. Pete, Fort Myers, and Key West.

You were the one who began tossing stereotypes around with your "backwoods inbred" comment in regards to Tennessee, another state I spent plenty of time in, statewide. And since we're going on your stereotype as a premise in this little discussion, I can honestly say I saw a lot more people that fit your stereotype in Florida than I did in Tennessee. Outside of the Miami-Dade metro, it was pretty blatantly obvious. Sorry if the truth hurts, but don't let it get in the way of your trolling.
You sound pretty defensive. Guess the truth struck a nerve with you.

If my posts bother you so much, stop replying to them.

Old 08-27-2014, 01:52 AM

Quote:
You sound pretty defensive. Guess the truth struck a nerve with you.
Defensive? Call it whatever you want. I just get sick of the rampant ignorance and stereotyping that takes place constantly in these forums, be it the South, the Northeast, the Midwest, West Coast... wherever.

I'm not from Tennessee, and never lived there. I live in Washington state, so I'm not really sure what it is I'm supposedly defending. If it makes you feel better, then go ahead and label it as defensiveness.

Quote:
If my posts bother you so much, stop replying to them.
Why should I stop replying? It doesn't "bother me" to call out trolls on their bulls**t. It's actually pretty satisfying. However, if it's the last word you want, you can have it. The floor is all yours.

Last edited by Bobloblawslawblog; 08-27-2014 at 02:20 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.