U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 09-04-2014, 07:17 AM
 
Location: Wonderland
45,013 posts, read 36,268,604 times
Reputation: 63726

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheese plate View Post
Right, INO is a SW chain based in CA, and Culver's is a Midwestern chain based in WI. I was responding directly to the OP:



The basis of this thread is that the best chains are in the South; I disagree. I think almost all chains are terrible, and because I travel a lot I unfortunately am very familiar with chains across the country.

The only ones I actually enjoy on occasion are Western (In N Out) and Midwestern (Culver's), so I am casting my "no" regarding the OP. One person is unable to stay on topic or really understand what's going on; another, the original poster, has a bizarre "anti-hipster" agenda vs people who in all likelihood don't even come close to qualifying as "hipsters," they just like good food and dislike garbage.
Well, actually what you said was " My only personal exceptions are based in California (In N Out) and Wisconsin (Culver's), neither of which are in the South."

Both of which are in the south.

Discussions wander and expand by the way - it's their nature. Some of my responses address fallacies other posters state as fact - like your statement above.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-04-2014, 07:31 AM
 
1,998 posts, read 2,936,249 times
Reputation: 2150
Quote:
Originally Posted by rorytmeadows View Post
No one said everyone was like that. You need to read a bit more carefully.
I read exactly what you said: "I honestly believe that they allow their minds to get tricked into not liking it just because of the perception of it."

Maybe you didn't literally say "everyone" who dislikes fast food is like that, but you certainly implied that it is the major reason for the majority, even though you have no evidence that this is true for even 10%, 20%, 30%, whatever.

I also saw time and time again whenever anybody in this thread said they don't like fast food, you call them a "hipster" as if it is impossible that their preference couldn't be what they actually think and not just an attempt be cooler than others.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-04-2014, 07:42 AM
 
Location: Charleston, SC metro
3,518 posts, read 4,407,143 times
Reputation: 1386
Quote:
Originally Posted by stateofnature View Post
I read exactly what you said: "I honestly believe that they allow their minds to get tricked into not liking it just because of the perception of it."

Maybe you didn't literally say "everyone" who dislikes fast food is like that, but you certainly implied that it is the major reason for the majority, even though you have no evidence that this is true for even 10%, 20%, 30%, whatever.

I also saw time and time again whenever anybody in this thread said they don't like fast food, you call them a "hipster" as if it is impossible that their preference couldn't be what they actually think and not just an attempt be cooler than others.
I actually make no reference for "they", which was improper on my part, but also means no implication. Just my personal suspicion. Have a wonderful day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-04-2014, 07:51 AM
 
Location: Austin, Texas
3,093 posts, read 4,139,659 times
Reputation: 3117
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
Only TX for In N Out. And I wonder, all of TX or just western TX? It's a Southwestern chain.
Lol, Dallas and Austin are nowhere near West Texas. And we have Culvers here too. As a matter of fact, I'm about 10 minutes away from a Culvers and two minutes away from an In N Out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-04-2014, 08:05 AM
 
Location: Wonderland
45,013 posts, read 36,268,604 times
Reputation: 63726
Quote:
Originally Posted by UTHORNS96 View Post
Lol, Dallas and Austin are nowhere near West Texas. And we have Culvers here too. As a matter of fact, I'm about 10 minutes away from a Culvers and two minutes away from an In N Out.
And there are Culvers in many other parts of the South as well.

Honestly, all people have to do is go to the restaurants' website and look up the locations. It's not all that difficult NOT to make erroneous claims.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-04-2014, 09:03 AM
 
Location: Milwaukee
3,451 posts, read 3,403,262 times
Reputation: 2896
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
And there are Culvers in many other parts of the South as well.

Honestly, all people have to do is go to the restaurants' website and look up the locations. It's not all that difficult NOT to make erroneous claims.
The OP was contending that the chains based and primarily located in the South were superior to elsewhere; my contention is that most chains are terrible, but the two best fast food spots are based and primarily located in 1) California/SW and 2) Wisconsin/Midwest, thereby disagreeing with the OP.

I'm not sure why it's so hard for you to remain on-topic or to understand something I've literally repeated over-and-over throughout the thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-04-2014, 09:10 AM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned
 
Location: Long Island / NYC
45,992 posts, read 42,026,386 times
Reputation: 14811
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheese plate View Post
I'm not sure why it's so hard for you to remain on-topic or to understand something I've literally repeated over-and-over throughout the thread.
You're not the only one posting here nor setting the exact topic. I don't think she's any more off topic than you are, not everyone is responding to your points but other ones made here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-04-2014, 09:11 AM
 
Location: Austin, Texas
3,093 posts, read 4,139,659 times
Reputation: 3117
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheese plate View Post
The OP was contending that the chains based and primarily located in the South were superior to elsewhere; my contention is that most chains are terrible, but the two best fast food spots are based and primarily located in 1) California/SW and 2) Wisconsin/Midwest, thereby disagreeing with the OP.

I'm not sure why it's so hard for you to remain on-topic or to understand something I've literally repeated over-and-over throughout the thread.
I'll take Chick Fil A and Whataburger over Culvers and In N Out. Though I must say the custard at a Culvers is the best. I might go there for lunch today.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-04-2014, 09:13 AM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned
 
Location: Long Island / NYC
45,992 posts, read 42,026,386 times
Reputation: 14811
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
And there are Culvers in many other parts of the South as well.

Honestly, all people have to do is go to the restaurants' website and look up the locations. It's not all that difficult NOT to make erroneous claims.
What's a Culver's? Never seen Chick Fil A, either.

Anyhow, while I agree people should check restaurant's website before making a claim, the fact there is suggests something. For example, there's a Cracker Barrell 13 miles from me but it's in a spot I don't pass by frequently. I wouldn't have known they were here unless I checked. If they were more common in the area I would have known. Ditto with Olive Garden, there a few in the region and downstate NY but not many. Think I've been at one in a mall once, but otherwise wouldn't have been aware of them much without checking.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-04-2014, 09:14 AM
 
Location: Wonderland
45,013 posts, read 36,268,604 times
Reputation: 63726
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheese plate View Post
The OP was contending that the chains based and primarily located in the South were superior to elsewhere; my contention is that most chains are terrible, but the two best fast food spots are based and primarily located in 1) California/SW and 2) Wisconsin/Midwest, thereby disagreeing with the OP.

I'm not sure why it's so hard for you to remain on-topic or to understand something I've literally repeated over-and-over throughout the thread.
You stated misinformation - I corrected you.

Threads meander, develop, expand, etc on topics. And guess what - you're not in charge here.

We're discussing the differences between chain restaurants in different regions of the US, as well as peoples' eating habits, likes and dislikes, etc regarding chain restaurants and other options. I don't know why it's so hard for you to keep up, but at least you're entertaining.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top