U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-05-2014, 09:53 AM

3,518 posts, read 4,410,019 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
Then I believe you would be missing out, if your aim wasn't to visit a local pizzeria in NY or NJ that's been there for generations and probably makes the best pizza you'd ever had.

There are Italian places in NYC that tourists visit, even in the outer boroughs. Many tourists to NYC go out of their way to try a slice of New York pizza.
Sometimes the sons of those generations move to Texas and make the pizza there as well.

Sure, you're more likely to find better Italian where they flow into the country in NYC, but you can still find it elsewhere.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2014, 10:11 AM

1,387 posts, read 1,697,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogarven View Post
On another note, Blake's Lotaburger in New Mexico is a statewide chain that is now branching out to El Paso. They serve very good green chile cheese burgers. We also had great blueberry shakes the other day. Very tasty. There is an argument about which is better: Blake's or Whataburger . Most Texans agree on Whataburger and New Mexicans say Blake's.
I'm one who likes both about equally. I've always loved the strawberry shakes at Lotaburger and the chocolate shakes at Whataburger. I would go to both places about equally, but Lotaburger has tons more locations in Albuquerque than Whataburger does, so Lotaburger usually gets more visits from me because of that.

Old 09-05-2014, 11:46 AM

1,661 posts, read 1,999,797 times
Miami Subs was the bomb growing up back in the day. And char hut too. Last trip i took to south florida not so much...

Old 09-05-2014, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waviking24 View Post
the bomb
Isn't it " 'da bomb " ?

Old 09-05-2014, 11:54 AM

3,451 posts, read 3,406,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rorytmeadows View Post
Sometimes the sons of those generations move to Texas and make the pizza there as well.

Sure, you're more likely to find better Italian where they flow into the country in NYC, but you can still find it elsewhere.
So what? Southerners move north and open up places, as well. In Milwaukee, the black areas of town have excellent BBQ. That doesn't mean that because there are a few good joints the quality and variety come anywhere close to, say, Memphis. Just like Italian food on the East Coast - it's way, way, waaaay better than in, say, Mobile. I think some of you are talking out both sides of your mouths.

Old 09-05-2014, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheese plate View Post
So what? Southerners move north and open up places, as well. In Milwaukee, the black areas of town have excellent BBQ. That doesn't mean that because there are a few good joints the quality and variety come anywhere close to, say, Memphis. Just like Italian food on the East Coast - it's way, way, waaaay better than in, say, Mobile. I think some of you are talking out both sides of your mouths.
I agree with you.

Not sure why you would think I'd say any different.

Old 09-05-2014, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rorytmeadows View Post
I agree with you.

Not sure why you would think I'd say any different.

I thought you were contesting "American Italian food" as a regional specialty of the East Coast, in the way that bbq (etc) is a regional specialty of the South. If I'm wrong, I definitely apologize

Old 09-05-2014, 12:12 PM

Quote:
I thought you were contesting "American Italian food" as a regional specialty of the East Coast, in the way that bbq (etc) is a regional specialty of the South. If I'm wrong, I definitely apologize
Not at all.

Oriental food in the NW, Mexican, SW-S

We're all on the same page. You're jumpy.

Old 09-05-2014, 12:19 PM

OK.

"Oriental" food?

Old 09-05-2014, 12:46 PM

Quote:
OK.

"Oriental" food?
Asian
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or