U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-07-2014, 05:33 AM

3,584 posts, read 2,504,059 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsboy View Post
The Chick-fil-A chain is famous for its remarkable customer service.
Unless you look like this guy lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jiZLFjbqDxQ
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2014, 07:08 AM

56,648 posts, read 80,952,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rorytmeadows View Post
But then again, we are talking about chains, or at least we were supposed to.

And fried chicken? Well, sir, you can't beat the SE.
Just curious, but when you lived in Rochester did you ever go to these places: Southern Cuisine - Rochester Wiki

Old 09-07-2014, 07:42 AM

12,698 posts, read 10,514,849 times
Quote:
But then again, we are talking about chains, or at least we were supposed to.

And fried chicken? Well, sir, you can't beat the SE.
The irony.

Old 09-07-2014, 08:15 AM

3,518 posts, read 4,404,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
Just curious, but when you lived in Rochester did you ever go to these places: Southern Cuisine - Rochester Wiki
Just Beale. It was meh.

Old 09-07-2014, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf39us View Post
Unless you look like this guy lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jiZLFjbqDxQ
If you judged the market based on your human rights views you couldn't leave the house.

For example, all oil companies agree with Chick Fil A.

I'm for gay rights but I don't let it effect my wallet.

Old 09-07-2014, 08:24 AM

32,383 posts, read 59,858,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
Speaking of chains, IS there such a thing as a chain of BBQ joints? As in more than just 3 or 4 locations in an area?
Famous Dave's and Red Hot and Blue are two more.

Old 09-07-2014, 08:30 AM

3,584 posts, read 2,504,059 times
Quote:
If you judged the market based on your human rights views you couldn't leave the house.

For example, all oil companies agree with Chick Fil A.

I'm for gay rights but I don't let it effect my wallet.
Can I have some chicken with a side of hate? lol. I don't go to Chick-Fil A despite it being nearby for multiple reasons.

1) Their chicken isn't all that great
2) They charge too much for chicken that isn't all that great.
3) I don't generally like going to chains anyway
4) Not a fan of bible verses on my cup, on my wrapper, in the bag. It's not always, but I've come across it enough for it to be annoying.
5) Dan Cathy's outrageous remarks end up as last on this list as least important. I still think it's reasonable for people to boycott certain companies because they disagree with their opinions / practices.

Old 09-07-2014, 08:30 AM

44,850 posts, read 36,203,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
I looked these up on Trip Advisor, which has been my most reliable source for looking for restaurants while traveling.

Yikes - the first one on your list - Arnett Cafe - is a CHAIN!!!!!

Very sketchy reviews on the Beale.
The Beale, Rochester - Restaurant Reviews - TripAdvisor

Apparently no one's eating at BoBo's chicken shack - no reviews on Trip Advisor.

Or at CJ's Southern Soul Food.

I got a kick out of reading this review on the French Quarter Cafe:
"After eating all this unknown food, my throat swelled up and I had to take allergy medication for three days."
French Quarter Cafe, Rochester - Restaurant Reviews - TripAdvisor

Glady's Place is apparently out of business.

Same with Grandma's Kitchen.

No one's reviewed Mattie's Restaurant and Bakery.

Peoples Choice is no longer in Rochester - but it is a chain. It has average reviews at best.

The Revelry has good reviews and ratings - it's apparently "upscale" New Orleans cuisine - which is usually wonderful, but definitely not "typical southern style food."
The Revelry, Rochester - Restaurant Reviews - TripAdvisor

Unkl Moe's looks great - if you can survive the neighborhood!
Unkl Moe's BBQ & Catering, Rochester - Restaurant Reviews - TripAdvisor

Southern Flavours Grocery Store is no longer in business in Rochester apparently - and that stands to reason since no real Southern store would spell "flavors" that way!

Interesting link - thanks!

Old 09-07-2014, 08:35 AM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,990 posts, read 41,989,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Famous Dave's and Red Hot and Blue are two more.
More chains I haven't heard of.

Old 09-07-2014, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf39us View Post
4) Not a fan of bible verses on my cup, on my wrapper, in the bag. It's not always, but I've come across it enough for it to be annoying.
5) Dan Cathy's outrageous remarks end up as last on this list as least important. I still think it's reasonable for people to boycott certain companies because they disagree with their opinions / practices.
I'm agnostic. I don't care if a company wants to put bible verses on their packaging. Who cares? Let people believe what they want and be proud of it if they want. As an atheist, my biggest problem with atheists is that they are just as intolerant as they claim to be the victim of.

And again, boycotting is fine, but don't just do it based on the media's portrayal. Boycott Chick Fil A and then go ahead and boycott ExxonMobil for the same thing. Do your research instead of just selectively boycotting what's in the news. All oil companies believe the same thing as Chick, so good luck driving your car from now on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or