U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-15-2014, 01:04 PM

3,584 posts, read 2,502,918 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheese plate View Post
Well, considering the Great Lakes are "inland seas," there you go.

First paragraph: "Due to their sea-like characteristics: rolling waves, sustained winds, strong currents, great depths, and distant horizons, the five Great Lakes have also long been referred to as inland seas.[6] Lake Superior is the largest continental lake in the world by area, and Lake Michigan is the largest lake that is entirely within one country."
Great Lakes - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
So because it looks like a sea and people have referred to it as a sea, then we throw away the bit where it actually isn't the sea?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2014, 02:02 PM

3,451 posts, read 3,398,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf39us View Post
So because it looks like a sea and people have referred to it as a sea, then we throw away the bit where it actually isn't the sea?
Nope, because "seafood" is defined that way by Webster, and because people away from the coasts often refer to it that way, I'm going with that, quite valid, definition. Instead of your personal one.

Old 09-15-2014, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Nope, because "seafood" is defined that way by Webster, and because people away from the coasts often refer to it that way, I'm going with that, quite valid, definition. Instead of your personal one.
You seem to have missed that the very first definition of seafood says "fish and shellfish that live in the ocean and are used for food"

THAT is the first definition on the Webster dictionary, not my personal one.

Old 09-15-2014, 02:51 PM

22,331 posts, read 32,161,575 times
Quote:
Well, considering the Great Lakes are "inland seas," there you go.

First paragraph: "Due to their sea-like characteristics: rolling waves, sustained winds, strong currents, great depths, and distant horizons, the five Great Lakes have also long been referred to as inland seas.[6] Lake Superior is the largest continental lake in the world by area, and Lake Michigan is the largest lake that is entirely within one country."
Great Lakes - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
seafood come from salt water can be fish or other fresh water mostly bears fish not seafood

If it doesn't come from salt water its not seafood plain and simple

Old 09-15-2014, 03:13 PM

388 posts, read 477,524 times
Quote:
Zaxby's has this spicy sauce that I always ask for and when I tell them to soak the crap out of the chicken with it they go "Are you sure? It's REALLY hot!".

I'm personally on the challenge level when it comes to spicy foods. I've done several wing challenges and haven't failed one yet (that's not to say that I didn't get my butt whooped by a couple).

For those of you that understand spices, I start to draw the line around 1,000,000 SHU (scoville), but in order to preserve taste I prefer about half of that.

I had the ghost pepper wings at BWW. Like you, I like spicey challenges. I won but I cheated a little. I got the wings in a wrap with lettuce and other fixings so it helped mask the hottness. Also, it took me 40 mins to eat because I had to go slow.

Old 09-15-2014, 03:18 PM

3,518 posts, read 4,403,569 times
Quaker Steak wings

Old 09-15-2014, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rorytmeadows View Post
Quaker Steak wings
And you know what's funny about that chart? The Triple Atomic wings are by far sweeter than the Atomic wings and taste way better in my opinion.

There's just more of a punch in the face AFTER your done with the wing.

Old 09-15-2014, 03:24 PM

582 posts, read 776,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidphilly View Post
seafood come from salt water can be fish or other fresh water mostly bears fish not seafood

It doesn't come from salt water its not seafood plain and simple
Well is food from the Chesapeake Bay seafood? It's got varying degrees of salinity, from fresh at Havre de Grace and salty at the Virginia bay bridge, to halfway in between at St. Michaels.

What about the fish and crustaceans that migrate between salt and fresh waters every year?

Old 09-15-2014, 03:29 PM

388 posts, read 477,524 times
Quote:
And you know what's funny about that chart? The Triple Atomic wings are by far sweeter than the Atomic wings and taste way better in my opinion.

There's just more of a punch in the face AFTER your done with the wing.
I'm from MS. I worked at Zaxby's in college. I beat the Atomic wings rather easily. I 8 yr old son can hang with me. He beat the Atomic wings. Or is it Nucluar? I forgot which ones are the hottest. I'm going to have to find a Quaker Steak. I live in New Orleans now and there is supposed to build some in Baton Rouge.

Old 09-15-2014, 03:30 PM

22,331 posts, read 32,161,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tezcatlipoca View Post
Well is food from the Chesapeake Bay seafood? It's got varying degrees of salinity, from fresh at Havre de Grace and salty at the Virginia bay bridge, to halfway in between at St. Michaels.

What about the fish and crustaceans that migrate between salt and fresh waters every year?
most of of chesapeake is salt water

havre-de-grace is right where the susquehanna flows into the bay
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or