Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-02-2014, 07:38 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,925,505 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf39us View Post
And if you grew up in the south, this would almost certainly be the case :-)
Right, because the South has hardly any locally owned eateries serving delicious and high quality foods, said no intelligent person ever.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2014, 07:58 AM

32,936 posts, read 36,359,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by probablyimnotsure View Post
I go to fast food places out of convenience, or if there is no other choice. If you actually like and prefer fast food, my guess is you've never eaten quality food, or have lived around chain restaurants your whole life. Am I a hipster for that? No, you're are just an idiot.
That's the way I feel about it. Some of the upscale chains have good food, but to me, most of them are mediocre or worse.

Old 09-02-2014, 08:07 AM

3,639 posts, read 3,339,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Right, because the South has hardly any locally owned eateries serving delicious and high quality foods, said no intelligent person ever.
I guess you missed the smiley at the end indicating my lack of sincerity. I guess one lacking analytical skills could miss that though and make assumptions.

Old 09-02-2014, 08:44 AM

Quote:
I guess you missed the smiley at the end indicating my lack of sincerity. I guess one lacking analytical skills could miss that though and make assumptions.
Apparently I'm not the only person lacking in analytical skills or a sense of humor around here...OR maybe humor is harder to project or grasp online. I was merely responding to your statement - discussing/agreeing. I wasn't slamming you personally.

But I can if you want me to.

Old 09-02-2014, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Apparently I'm not the only person lacking in analytical skills or a sense of humor around here...OR maybe humor is harder to project or grasp online. I was merely responding to your statement - discussing/agreeing. I wasn't slamming you personally.

But I can if you want me to.
touché

Old 09-02-2014, 11:19 AM

3,453 posts, read 4,530,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annie_himself View Post
(Sonic's) are the same ones you get at the store. Frozen and nasty. I worked there for 2.5 years in high school.
Haha, right from a worker. Most people just eat the marketing. Remember the "Pasta Hut" ads where they served people Pizza Hut pasta at a (supposed) fine dining establishment and some rubes were "fooled?" A good % of people have no taste and only are persuaded by atmosphere and presentation. It's the same with thinking the same frozen tots you can buy at any supermarket are "the best in the world."

Sonic used to advertise like crazy all over Wisconsin for years, and by the time they finally opened up some locations, there were lines around the corner trying it out. Within a year or two, a number of them were already closed and most of the others are constantly dead. Enough people clearly saw through the "two idiots in a car talking" advertising and once they tried it, switched back to local or far superior local chains like Culver's.

Old 09-02-2014, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheese plate View Post
Haha, right from a worker. Most people just eat the marketing. Remember the "Pasta Hut" ads where they served people Pizza Hut pasta at a (supposed) fine dining establishment and some rubes were "fooled?" A good % of people have no taste and only are persuaded by atmosphere and presentation. It's the same with thinking the same frozen tots you can buy at any supermarket are "the best in the world."

Sonic used to advertise like crazy all over Wisconsin for years, and by the time they finally opened up some locations, there were lines around the corner trying it out. Within a year or two, a number of them were already closed and most of the others are constantly dead. Enough people clearly saw through the "two idiots in a car talking" advertising and once they tried it, switched back to local or far superior local chains like Culver's.
Yeah, this looks far superior to other fast food:

The Culver's Bacon Deluxe | ButterBurgers®: Irresistible Since 1984 | Our Menu | Culver's

One burger - 75 percent of the daily recommendation for total fat - 93 percent of the daily recommendation for saturated fat - 57 percent of the daily recommendation for cholesterol - 50 percent of the daily sodium recommendation - 780 calories - on a white bread bun. Such a great option!

Let's add some Wisconsin Cheese Curds to the mix!

Wisconsin Cheese Curds | Sides: Fries Are Simply the Beginning | Our Menu | Culver's

510 calories, 39 percent of your daily fat recommendation, 60 percent of the saturated fat recommendation, 51 percent of the sodium recommendation - oops, you haven't even added a drink yet and you're already way over on all fronts - and counting.

Just for one meal. My recommendation - don't eat there often. And by the way, it's still a chain. But I guess since it's not a SOUTHERN chain, that makes it all better. Yeah, keep telling yourself that.

Old 09-02-2014, 11:46 AM

I'm not about to start defending whether the food is good for you or not. You can get some super high quality food and it be completely terrible for you lol. You think Italians get by by watching their nutrition? pfft

Old 09-02-2014, 12:57 PM

3,453 posts, read 4,530,110 times
Quote:
I'm not about to start defending whether the food is good for you or not. You can get some super high quality food and it be completely terrible for you lol. You think Italians get by by watching their nutrition? pfft
No kidding - this is about taste and ingredients. Sonic SUCKS. Culver's is tasty. I'm on the side of never/almost never hitting up chains, but if I do, In N Out and Culver's are 2 of the rare guilty pleasures. Especially if you like ice cream - custard style ice cream is way better than "ice milk" or whatever other fast food places are selling, and it's also better for you. Not that it matters, no one should eat this stuff more than once or twice a month, so who cares if something has 60 more calories, LOL?

Unless, like a lot of people on here, it's a weekly staple, I guess then you want to be careful and "count calories," if you can count that high.

Old 09-02-2014, 01:06 PM

3,092 posts, read 4,970,740 times
Quote:
Yeah, this looks far superior to other fast food:

Just for one meal. My recommendation - don't eat there often. And by the way, it's still a chain. But I guess since it's not a SOUTHERN chain, that makes it all better. Yeah, keep telling yourself that.
Now you're learning the rules, Kathryn! If it ain't southern it's all right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.