U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2014, 12:31 PM

10,162 posts, read 6,489,735 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
Actually, the north is winning. Why? We're sending the weather wimps/whiners your way and we're also lowering taxes for businesses to encourage new growth, all the while enjoying less crowded roads.

And the north might be "losing" now (economically), but all the powerhouses are in the north and will always be. The southern cities like Miami, Atlanta, Jacksonville, etc, have improved, but will never be a NYC or Chicago (in more ways than one). So keep pretending that Atlanta will one day be a NYC, but at that point Id say youre delusional.

I lived in the south (TN) for a few months, and its all I could stomach. The work ethic, pay rates, and housing in the south is horrible. Absolutely horrible. You wonder why homes in TN cost $70,000? Its because a $10 an hour job is considered "good" in most areas. And the homes are cheap junk, I wouldnt buy 80% of the homes I saw in TN due to shoddy build quality and lack of basements. I wouldnt want to live in that tornado-strewn part of the country with no basement to retreat to.

The south is Dollar General, while NYC is Tiffanys. Catch my drift?

What a crock of BS. You are delusional. I have lived in your treasured North and it surely wasn't anything to get excited about . So damn happy to be back in good country I could do back flips. And good bye to you , the South did not beg you to come, and I am certain most people are glad that you are gone because they did not want you in the first place. Oh, and I get your drift" and it is so off base it is pitiful. You just have to put down other places to make yourself feel better about your own miserable existence.

Last edited by Scotty011; 08-29-2014 at 01:02 PM..

Old 08-29-2014, 12:58 PM

3,451 posts, read 3,396,652 times
More of that world famous "southern hospitality" I see

Old 08-29-2014, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheese plate View Post
More of that world famous "southern hospitality" I see

You betcha. Come with an attitude, we don't need you.

Old 08-29-2014, 01:13 PM

18,659 posts, read 23,235,665 times
[quote=cheese plate;36288117]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post

It shifted south after many decades of northern migration, and it's likely to shift again. It's just how it goes, why is this such a difficult concept for so many people?

Exactly. Disenchanted Norther transplants are moving north. I hear a lot of buzz about Northern New England and the Mid West.

The Pacific North West is attracting young people in droves. As is Colorado.

It's already changing.

Good post!

Old 08-29-2014, 01:17 PM

20,005 posts, read 69,400,887 times
Quote:
What a crock of BS. You are delusional. I have lived in your treasured North and it surely wasn't anything to get excited about . So damn happy to be back in good country I could do back flips. And good bye to you , the South did not beg you to come, and I am certain most people are glad that you are gone because they did not want you in the first place. Oh, and I get your drift" and it is so off base it is pitiful. You just have to put down other places to make yourself feel better about your own miserable existence.
Im sure the south is glad Im gone, too. Heaven forbid someone showed up with an education and strong work ethic. I would'nt want to make "y'all" feel uneasy now, "y'hear"?

Old 08-29-2014, 01:21 PM

3,114 posts, read 2,524,804 times
The amount of interstate migration has slowed down quite a bit.

Most of the south's gains will come from the residents being more fertile than the north.

Old 08-29-2014, 01:22 PM

542 posts, read 1,406,054 times
People are moving to the South and the West in droves.

Old 08-29-2014, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
Im sure the south is glad Im gone, too. Heaven forbid someone showed up with an education and strong work ethic. I would'nt want to make "y'all" feel uneasy now, "y'hear"?

LOL. Wishful thinking. I'm sure that most were more educated than you seem to be. You hear? Ignorance is forgivable. Get a decent education, and try again.

BTW the bold type above proves that you are not well educated. Educated people know better.

Old 08-29-2014, 04:34 PM

2,748 posts, read 3,338,058 times
Quote:
LOL. Wishful thinking. I'm sure that most were more educated than you seem to be. You hear? Ignorance is forgivable. Get a decent education, and try again.

BTW the bold type above proves that you are not well educated. Educated people know better.

Are you freakin' serious?

Northerners YELL. Bold type means we are SHOUTING AT YOU or EMPHASIZING a point. Understand?

Also, much of the south's growth, can be attributed to the fact that they marry younger, and have larger families. Or they don't marry and have a bunch of kids anyway.

Then repent and repeat.

Old 08-29-2014, 04:52 PM

2,343 posts, read 2,751,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warren zee View Post
Are you freakin' serious?

Northerners YELL. Bold type means we are SHOUTING AT YOU or EMPHASIZING a point. Understand?

Also, much of the south's growth, can be attributed to the fact that they marry younger, and have larger families. Or they don't marry and have a bunch of kids anyway.

Then repent and repeat.
Oh, so THAT'S what bold type means? It's a Northern thing? Wow. I learn something new and important every day in C-D forums. And here I thought all Northerners were just more educated, logical, and reasonable, and therefore had no need to shout or yell in order to get a point across. Noted.

And you are absolutely right about marrying younger and having more kids being the number one factor in Sunbelt growth rates. I had a feeling everybody has been lying about all that "more affordable housing and job availability" jive.

Gotta love how the civil war still rages on, 150 years later, in C-D forums. Makes me that much happier I live on the West coast.

Last edited by Bobloblawslawblog; 08-29-2014 at 05:13 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.