U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2014, 03:28 PM

32,377 posts, read 55,190,768 times

Advertisements

No. It's never crossed my mind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2014, 03:38 PM

8,398 posts, read 9,894,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobloblawslawblog View Post
I live in WA, and I lived here for years before marijuana was legal, and honestly... nothing has really changed. Except that our prisons are no longer being overcrowded by harmless weed smokers.

If anybody chooses to "avoid" coming here because a ridiculous old law got tossed out, then GREAT!!! Stay away at all costs! We don't need those kind of people here anyway.
That's what my relatives say, they notice no difference.

Old 09-05-2014, 03:42 PM

4,925 posts, read 4,920,250 times
I think people have always been moving to Colorado for a while now.. its seems like a trendy spot to move to. Lot of young professionals I have met have moved to Denver.

Old 09-05-2014, 04:10 PM

2,343 posts, read 2,754,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppySead View Post
That's what my relatives say, they notice no difference.
People smoked weed before and they smoke it now. The only difference is that they no longer have to worry about going to jail over it.

Everywhere I've lived in this country, people smoke or ingest weed in some form, legal or not. And I've lived in a LOT of different cities, states, regions, and towns. If someone actually thinks that just because it happens to be legal here there is going to be this "in your face" stoner culture that doesn't exist in the 48 states where it's still illegal, then they are unbelievably naive and/or ignorant.

If anything, making it legal removes a certain stigma that often entices people to begin with. It's still way too early in the game to see how this will play out, but I have a feeling that eventually it will just be such a normal part of everyday life that people will eventually start seeing it as no big deal. No different than buying a six pack of beer or a tub of ice cream. And people will eventually look back on the prohibition of marijuana the same way they look back on the prohibition of alcohol... as utterly ridiculous and counter-productive.

I really hope the rest of the country follows our example.

Old 09-06-2014, 03:23 AM

529 posts, read 675,949 times
Yes I would avoid. Weed has a tendency to breed a high % of idiots especially if they smoke all the time. Its foolishness but thankfully CO and WA are outward with it so people like me know where not to go. I am for medical marijuana more than recreational.

Old 09-06-2014, 09:12 AM

11,810 posts, read 18,813,738 times
I think that I would be more likely to consider avoiding a state where guns are more accessible.

Old 09-06-2014, 09:15 AM

308 posts, read 402,895 times
A friend's family moved from Denver to Maine because they have two daughters and didn't want them growing up around pot culture day in and day out. I can understand that.

Old 09-06-2014, 11:47 AM

1,057 posts, read 849,577 times
No. Why would I avoid those states simply because it is legal to possess marijuana? The roads are still safe, the cities are nice, the scenery is still beautiful, the vast majority of the population does not smoke pot, so why should I care?

- skbl17

Old 09-06-2014, 02:42 PM

233 posts, read 281,539 times
Yes I would avoid it actually, it's not that crazy. The pot culture is going to be overcompensated there because it is one of the very FEW places it is legal. As you can see there are droves of young people moving there because of this. I personally can't stand the culture associated with pot, let alone drinking culture. But then again I would probably ban tattoos and a lot of baby names if I could.

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love the scenery of Colorado and understand you can still visit and enjoy all of that just the same.

Old 09-06-2014, 03:00 PM

2,343 posts, read 2,754,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burrrrr View Post
Yes I would avoid it actually, it's not that crazy. The pot culture is going to be overcompensated there because it is one of the very FEW places it is legal. As you can see there are droves of young people moving there because of this. I personally can't stand the culture associated with pot, let alone drinking culture. But then again I would probably ban tattoos and a lot of baby names if I could.

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love the scenery of Colorado and understand you can still visit and enjoy all of that just the same.
Wow. You have no clue what you're talking about... but entertain your fantasies, by all means.

Us Washingtonians will just keep having our 420 parades daily, doing massive bong rips and blowing smoke into the faces of all the bystanders, while we indoctrinate our youth by forcing them to watch back-to-back Cheech and Chong movies, "Dude Where's My Car?", and "Pineapple Express"... in a smoke-filled, windowless room filled with black light posters. No one gets to enter our state without passing a stoner test. All eyes must be beet-red and glazed over. Because, you know, that's just how we roll.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.