U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2014, 11:53 AM

3,451 posts, read 3,403,262 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by burrrrr View Post
Depending on how much marijuana someone has in their possession, as well as their intentions, it could mean serving a serious amount of time in jail. It's not like a speeding ticket, whether you want it to be or not.

I think anyone, pro-pot or not, can see that.
Nah, big difference between a seller and user. We're talking users here. In most states that even ticket or haul you in for personal use (and don't seize it and let you go) it's a slap on the wrist. Sure, there are exceptions, but possession generally isn't a big deal. Has nothing to do with my or anyone else's "stance" on this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2014, 05:29 PM

3,280 posts, read 3,840,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobloblawslawblog View Post
Huh?

I see you're from Wyoming. Explains a lot about your opinion.
You're damn right it does.

Old 09-09-2014, 07:31 PM

2,343 posts, read 2,755,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandalorian View Post
Ok then. Stay there.

Old 09-10-2014, 10:20 AM

3,280 posts, read 3,840,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobloblawslawblog View Post
Ok then. Stay there.
I live in AL now, but I would like to move to Jackson, WY someday and have a ranch.

Old 09-10-2014, 04:30 PM

2,786 posts, read 3,971,825 times
Was considering moving there but property there has risen since the bust. That is my main reason for staying away. Like to visit though. Was in Durango and Ouray last year.

Old 09-10-2014, 10:30 PM

14,151 posts, read 19,785,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandalorian View Post
Do your mind hurt from being closed so tightly?

Old 09-10-2014, 10:36 PM

12,698 posts, read 10,528,548 times
What's with the bashing for someone having an unpopular opinion? Closed-minded because it's different than yours?

Old 09-10-2014, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
What's with the bashing for someone having an unpopular opinion? Closed-minded because it's different than yours?
He never provided any reasoning, not that he is obligated to. However, defending a proven broken prohibition of marijuana that costs us billions, keeping the illegal cycle of selling it which costs us hundreds and thousands of lives (CO has already seen a what, 50% drop in homicide rates?), restricting the true freedom of Americans, and restricting the reasearch of a substance that could help save the lives of millions is grounds for questioning, in my opinion. Take it how you want. I take the facts.

I'm sure his stance on alcohol and tobacco are neutral.

Old 09-10-2014, 11:59 PM

4,633 posts, read 3,977,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppySead View Post
I know a lot of people are moving to these states because MJ is legal there and they smoke it, enough said.

But, I was curious if anybody avoids these states now as possible relocation picks simply because pot is legal there and they don't like to live around people who are doing drugs. So, on the flip side, is MJ being legal in these states a turn off to you?
No...I moved to CO for reasons that have nothing to do with the legal pot. As a non-toker it doesn't bother me at all that it is legal. People do drugs everywhere and it isn't a big deal out here. It isn't like everybody is walking around stoned. The money saved from not locking people up for a harmless plant is worth it. Instead that money is going towards schools or civil projects.

Old 09-11-2014, 05:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1984 View Post
No...I moved to CO for reasons that have nothing to do with the legal pot. As a non-toker it doesn't bother me at all that it is legal. People do drugs everywhere and it isn't a big deal out here. It isn't like everybody is walking around stoned. The money saved from not locking people up for a harmless plant is worth it. Instead that money is going towards schools or civil projects.
Oh the horror!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.