U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-06-2014, 12:21 PM

1 posts, read 516 times

Advertisements

So I try to log into my account online and wouldn't let me. So I immediately call Customer service and they said they can't go back far into my account and it was a "closed account" that I would have to go into an account. I kept thinking to myself what have I purchased and I came to a conclusion that it was probably the same situation again. I went to a bank maybe a week later (keep in mind that I work and go to school full-time) during my lunch break and the lady at the bank told me she also couldn't go back to see..how can they not see?! Couldn't they call someone higher up or something? I told her what was going on and she told me I would have to speak to someone where I had originally opened my account. So I called the bank, told them the situation, they asked for Social, name & address and the man on the phone said he couldn't find me at all. I repeated my social to him about 5 times just to make sure and still nothing. I was already stressing because I am only 20 and I just started building my credit and this would affect it very bad. It would ruin things in the future. (Move ins, interest rates and so on) I asked him the bank hours so I can work something out with my schedule.
So another week goes by and I finally go in (this morning after my class & right before work) & I gave the employee my ID & she automatically found me, she called someone else to go back into my account, I heard give out my information and I noticed that my social # was off my 1 # so that explains why when I called they couldn't find my account. But to hurry this up, they knew it was their employees fault for not opting me out & the lady end up hanging up the phone & told me that they will call me back and see if they can work something out with the collections agency and then she mentioned that I can make payments there, I asked "Make payments for what? There is no way I am paying money for something that I never overdrafted with a purchase, and I had already came previously to opt out of that service" (I said it calm and nice) She said she understands where shes coming from and she will talk to a manager and see what they can do. I also asked her to print out my statement like 3/4 times throughout the conversation until she finally did and I also asked her what was the name of the employee that had helped me & she didn't want to tell me even though she knew who it was. So, my question is, if they actually do fix this situation, will it still affect my credit score because it was sent to collections? & is there anything in my power that I can if they still make me pay (which I AM NOT even though its only $170 but still was not my fault) and have my credit score affected? I am seriously stressing over my credit score. Please help!!

Also she tried to tell me I should have made actions as soon as I got the letters. I got upset because I barely have time, I live on my own, go to school, and work. I did call customer service and went to one of their locations like a mentioned above so basically I did take action but just took a little while due to the fact I checked my mail a little late but only because I do everything electronically & also I remember when I opened my account I told them to set up online notifications not through mail.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or