U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2014, 03:40 PM

43,164 posts, read 41,773,101 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by transientsalmon View Post
nobody hunts people down...getting letters in the mail, phone calls, that's hunting people down? I keep my cell phone off most of the time anyway... you can defer those loans too, nobody is caring about that...people get wrapped up in the wrong stuff man. There is still this thing called life happening, and spontaneity, regardless of money and loans.
Keep telling yourself that.

Your plan is terrible and selfish and dangerous.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2014, 04:05 PM

149 posts, read 170,082 times
selfish maybe...I'm fine with that. Dangerous? nah, not with the integrity of a first class college campus...terrible? I say creative.

Old 09-08-2014, 04:13 PM
Status: "could've~would've~should've used 'have', not 'of'" (set 15 days ago)

10,452 posts, read 14,303,163 times
Quote:
nobody hunts people down...getting letters in the mail, phone calls, that's hunting people down? I keep my cell phone off most of the time anyway... you can defer those loans too, nobody is caring about that...people get wrapped up in the wrong stuff man. There is still this thing called life happening, and spontaneity, regardless of money and loans.
More along the lines of 'hey you already owe the gov't money, no more handouts for you jack!" You apply for section eight or food stamps or maybe an apartment lease and get denied because you have outstanding student loans, you apply for a decent job and get turned down because your credit score doesn't come back clean.

Disability is not that easy to get, seriously. It took MIL 2 years to get certified disabled by the gov't, in spite of what her doc kept telling them. You think you're gonna walk in, tell a few lies and get handed a check a week or two later?

Sleeping in libraries is frowned on, as it is in bus stations, and a lot of parks. Good way to get run off or arrested for vagrancy.

Just ask around for a job? With no address, no reliable transportation, after how many days or weeks sleeping who knows where? Do you know how shelters work, could you find one if you needed it, do you know many shelters require an ID of some kind and sometimes charge a nominal fee?

Are you comfortable dumpster diving for your food?

For someone who has been to college you are freakishly naive about how the real world works. Do you know a single person who has been down and out or lived on the welfare system for any length of time? You seem to have some weird romanticized notion about how this is all gonna work out for you.

The kids who wind up working the streets don't plan on that either I'm sure. They all probably have ideas very similar to yours. Maybe you should go to a runaway shelter or homeless shelter and talk to some folks about the reality of living your dream.

And after that if you're still determined then maybe ditch the idea of a bus ticket and buy an old clunker instead. At least that will give you a place to sleep and keep your things while you try to sort your life out.

(And you don't have to be a girl to be kept, older women like to keep boy toys too. I was once offered a very tempting offer to be kept, by a gentleman with a wife and a lot of money. Now that I'm older and poorer, I halfway wish I'd taken that offer lol)

Last edited by DubbleT; 09-08-2014 at 04:25 PM..

Old 09-08-2014, 04:16 PM

43,164 posts, read 41,773,101 times
Terrible, selfish, dangerous and hilarious.

Once you stopped paying what you owe, you became ineligible for any more loans or govt aid. Even Capital One won't give you a Venture card!

Think about what you could do if you put this much energy toward a legitimate plan, OP, instead of this fantasy.

Old 09-08-2014, 04:29 PM

149 posts, read 170,082 times
I'm going to address DoubleT's and the last post right now, and then I gotta get to the terminal.

First off, it's easy to find a job in a thriving town. Back when I had wheels I drove into a college town and in one day got accepted for 2 positions and 2 different pizza places...and the owner at the calzone place wanted me to start the next day, that's no joke...so yes it can be that easy, if you are willing to have some grit and experience for yourself how easy it might be.

It's all about what they see in you...nobody wants to have a crappy job at the place they lived their whole life, but the guy who's going in and taking a shot, the manager wants that fresh spirit and you'll get the job on the spot...I experienced it, but I decided to up and go, even though he gave me the job because I didn't do the research on what else was out there...right now I've done enough research on every state to where I'm comfortable and confident going in cold and sticking to the outcome.

This is all apart of my 'legitimate plan.' I need 10 years to live without ambition, without family members, and with oxygen, with a big library, with professors but without the hassle of doing homework, going to class, sucking up to teachers... This is going to be the beginning of a bigger picture. I don't know what it's going to be, but I do know that great things can happen when you're an outsider...great things can happen when you got nothing to lose. I have to go...

Old 09-08-2014, 05:00 PM

5,214 posts, read 3,628,854 times
Quote:
I don't want to mention it just yet...when I get there I'll tell. The thing is I don't know if I'll ever come back here again when I leave so it's kind of a big moment. See I've been researching all the states, and I finally just decided that I really don't know where to go, and I will never know until I go and get some firsthand experience.

And yea I'm not really thinking about the future too much right now. I already went to college and left before I finished a degree... I'm only 3 classes short. But when I left mid semester, I also left without paying the bill, so I don't actually have access to those credits I got. And I owe money to the collectors or something which I don't plan on paying in this lifetime.

The way I see it machines are going to replace all jobs anyway. Eh I'll do something necessary like organic farming...and where I'm going, that is probably possible. I also don't mind doing nothing. Something tells me I might find a lucrative way to get money, a lot of money, but not until I'm nearing 40.

I also have a neck pillow for this bus ride so it shouldn't be too bad...neck pillows are also good for computers which I just learned.
Reminds me of line from a movie.
No, Jules. You decided to be a bum..

Old 09-08-2014, 05:38 PM

206 posts, read 210,731 times
Come out to Portland, we love ****ty, useless people such as yourself. You may have to give some blowjobs, but u r probably used to that. Come on down!!

Old 09-08-2014, 05:53 PM

3,280 posts, read 3,830,230 times
If you show up homeless to WY, they will put you on a bus to CO or MT.

That was one thing I loved about living in WY, no homeless people.

Old 09-08-2014, 05:59 PM

3,518 posts, read 4,400,957 times
This thread is making its turn into hilarity. Keep it coming.

Old 09-09-2014, 09:51 AM

44 posts, read 66,873 times
Quote:
I'm coming to New england and you can't stop me...it's not your land, acting like we don't want you... you can't claim that land, it's American land, and I have American lineage.
youre 100% its not all MY land, but here in New England we protect our property. Wether its protected by the state, or an individual, 90% of the properties here that are large enough are no trespassing, and alot of the people(especially in NH, VT, and ME) will shoot your ass if they catch you where youre not supposed to be. trust me, your type is NOT wanted here. we deal with enough of the bull**** your dishing out as it is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or