U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2014, 06:02 PM

149 posts, read 170,439 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megabot View Post
I'll probably have to do a similar thing soon. I can't stand living where I am anymore and need to leave asap. Since I don't have any marketable skills, I'll probably end up homeless where ever I go.
I see you are in Idaho...I'm a huge shaycarl fan, but that is beside the point
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2014, 03:11 AM

6,322 posts, read 4,772,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Horizons View Post
Can you at least offer him a cotton picking position?
Hahahah!!!

Old 09-19-2014, 05:47 AM

35 posts, read 38,671 times
Dude you should just move to North Korea or like some hellhole in the middle east. People there are entirely government dependent, isn't that what you want? I work hard and earn money for me, not for me and you.

You went to college, get a flipping job, attempt to pay off student loans, sort out your priorities, save enough money to rent a decent apartment, live a stable life. Its a lot more fulfilling and easier than roaming the streets and taking whats not yours.

I'm sorry if your home life is not safe, that must really suck. Instead caving in to your upbringing, why not become a success story? Rise from the ashes of hopelessness instead of caving into it. Use your obvious independent nature for good, by creating a decent life for yourself. If your not a troll, this fellow NYer is rooting for you.

Old 09-19-2014, 01:15 PM

9,012 posts, read 8,329,669 times
Said it once, I'll say it again- Denver

Look into it.
Friend of mine went there, was totally unimpressed
& said the homeless are everywhere....

Old 09-19-2014, 01:53 PM

1,955 posts, read 1,951,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by believe007 View Post
Said it once, I'll say it again- Denver

Look into it.
Friend of mine went there, was totally unimpressed
& said the homeless are everywhere....
Really? In Denver? I thought the homeless would be smart enough to figure out Denver's climate is not very favorable for their needs so they would choose San Fransisco instead.

Old 09-19-2014, 02:25 PM

149 posts, read 170,439 times
wait...maybe I would really fare well in Europe, where there is a slower pace of this thing called life...

I think I should do that... I need to go to Anywhere good, Europe. How is the f***ing question. Kickstarter campaign? I need to contact their government to see what benefits I can get upon arrival. Is that such a conundrum? will they turn away a fellow human being?... in this thing called life?

Old 09-19-2014, 03:07 PM

5,969 posts, read 7,337,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by transientsalmon View Post
wait...maybe I would really fare well in Europe, where there is a slower pace of this thing called life...

I think I should do that... I need to go to Anywhere good, Europe. How is the f***ing question. Kickstarter campaign? I need to contact their government to see what benefits I can get upon arrival. Is that such a conundrum? will they turn away a fellow human being?... in this thing called life?
Just go over and give it a try! Quit asking us!

Old 09-19-2014, 03:57 PM

1,955 posts, read 1,951,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by transientsalmon View Post

Yeah, it looks like you were born on the wrong continent. Although from what I've heard, California is as close as it gets at your side of the pond. Maybe San Fransisco was not such a bad idea after all. Many of your peers have moved there already.

Old 09-25-2014, 02:36 AM

776 posts, read 1,641,364 times
go directly to the Florida keys. all the way down to key west. you can't get any further south without a boat. you will be welcome to sleep and shower at K.O.T.S. local homeless shelter. they will even help you look for work. plus they have the Florida keys community college with a library. you will never have to worry about being cold. worse comes to worse you can panhandle the high dollar cruise tourists on the streets of key west for food and beer. I would think there would also be some good dumpster diving in key west. if you can catch a fish, you will never go hungry. if all else fails catch up with the further bus and jump on the bandwagon till you find a city you like and then get off the bus.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or