Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2014, 05:38 PM

18,813 posts, read 32,480,254 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert_SW_77 View Post
And this somehow negates the ability to have summer fun in Seattle how? Most days were somewhere between 75-85 and only a few days above 90. That's pretty nice. Much of the country stays inside by the A/C in August due to it being too hot. This is great outdoor weather. But I digress, people always find something to complain about even during the best of times.
You said you don't remember there being cloudy days or rain in August. That is what I was addressing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2014, 07:40 PM

555 posts, read 802,847 times
Desert SW:
The problem is that city lacks social skills.

Seattle Freeze - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It's not the August weather that's the problem.

Old 09-12-2014, 07:42 PM

Tcave:
I hadn't considered DC for various reasons, but after your description I might consider the Metro Area. How are the Virginia surburbs?

Old 09-12-2014, 07:43 PM

Thanks for all the good responses so far: Albuquerque, Savannah, and Atlanta are some places I'll have to check out too.

Old 09-12-2014, 08:27 PM

2,985 posts, read 4,882,037 times
Blackhawk, I thought you were banned? I guess you've managed to slip by once again.

Seattle is a grand place with a very intelligent population and gorgeous views, and pretty decent density.
Negatives include the horrendous traffic and sub-par solutions to curb street traffic.

Old 09-12-2014, 08:36 PM

10,743 posts, read 23,798,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoreSnowForMe View Post
You said you don't remember there being cloudy days or rain in August. That is what I was addressing.
I was there 2000-2005, I don't need to dig up data to know that there were a lot of nice days where I was enjoying beautiful sunshine in the summer there, diving off the plank of the dock into the lake at Madison Park. Some summers were better than others. I'm pretty sure I enjoyed most of them. And from what I remember most summers early summer was had ore cloudy days than late summer.

Old 09-12-2014, 08:45 PM

10,743 posts, read 23,798,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawk4440 View Post
Desert SW:
The problem is that city lacks social skills.

Seattle Freeze - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It's not the August weather that's the problem.
Yeah I dealt with the Seattle freeze and it sure was annoying, though I did make some lifelong friends there and spent the better part of my 20's having a good time with them while in Seattle. I felt many people in Boston were cantankerous to the point where it would push my buttons. Nonetheless I think Bostonians are some of the best and most genuine people around. There are people in New Mexico can be very mañana and lazy, but they sure are friendly here.

Get the picture? One can have the ability to move on from annoying people that can be found pretty much anywhere if they choose to do so. It gives you more room to interact and think about the good people that are around.

Old 09-12-2014, 10:56 PM

Gatzby:
Thanks for dropping by and showing the rest of the posters here a perfect specimen of Seattle intolerance and Groupthink.

I didn't get banned in spite your best efforts to censor dissenting views from the Seattle forum, in fact I just posted some comments there today, so you'd better get back there to shout them down!

And BTW, this thread is about where to live other than Seattle: so you should be happy that I'm looking for somewhere else to go, instead of writing arguments telling us why it's such a great place and why I should stay.

Old 09-12-2014, 11:01 PM

Desert SW:
You're right: I'm not looking for Utopia or anything. But a situation like the Seattle Freeze and the Groupthink here makes it hard to function socially and think of the good people around when it's so overpowering and pervasive. IOW, it's a lot easier to avoid annoying people and interact with better ones when the culture is more diverse and active. That's basically what I'm hoping to find though the other people mentioned are 'perks'.

Old 09-12-2014, 11:12 PM

9,678 posts, read 9,375,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason_show View Post
Why do all seasons suck in Chicago? If you don't like cold weather, I'd suggest Austin, Dallas or Houston. Texas has a low cost of living, good economy, no state income tax, tons of single young women and is mild in the winter.

The answer your question - I don't like the people in my city...they're extremely rude and disrespectful. Beyond that, I don't like that it's overcrowded, you can't go anywhere without fighting through crowds or traffic.
Okayyy!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.