Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2014, 02:20 PM

22,379 posts, read 38,698,254 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
I thought MoA was bigger than KoP? I've only been to the KoP mall, so I can't say. But there was no amusement park in the KoP Mall, that I noticed.
KOP has more retail sq footage (most in the US for a mall) than MOA. MOA is larger if you include the amusement park etc
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2014, 02:24 PM

18,813 posts, read 32,274,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidphilly View Post
I would think most who have experienced PA would disagree

even the areas close to Philly are very scenic

some images from Bucks county - adjacent to Philadelphia

https://www.google.com/search?q=buck...ed=0CAYQ_AUoAQ

or Chester county etc.
https://www.google.com/search?q=ches...ed=0CAYQ_AUoAQ

and this is not even to the mountains which probably comprise about 80% of the land area of PA
What gorgeous photos. Makes me want to go there. I love older buildings, and in CA, our oldest buildings include the missions, a few old Mexican land haciendas, and a little of what's left of the Russians, but most of it is post gold-rush.

That was one of the things I did love about living in TN for 5 years, the older buildings with an earlier American history.

In the northeast, I've only seen Maine for a honeymoon, and Wash DC on a quick vacation. Your photos make me want to visit PA. But, not in winter, thanks

Old 09-24-2014, 02:32 PM

7,246 posts, read 10,495,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoreSnowForMe View Post
In the northeast, I've only seen Maine for a honeymoon, and Wash DC on a quick vacation. Your photos make me want to visit PA. But, not in winter, thanks
Haha--can't blame you for that. Fall, spring and most of summer are absolutely amazing in the Northeast. Even winter has its charms, but I admit it can get a little dreary.

Old 09-24-2014, 02:36 PM

31,891 posts, read 34,405,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoreSnowForMe View Post
You should check out Williamsburg and Norfolk next time. From a historical perspective, they are definitely two of the more interesting cities in the Northeast.

Old 09-24-2014, 02:41 PM

4,277 posts, read 11,718,870 times
It seems in PA it's easier to find the old colonial, Federal, Victorian era stuff than even in equivalent aged areas in MD and NJ. The difference with MD I could attribute to hyper-local vs. county level zoning. NJ is hyper local too but even in Bergen County where most of the little boroughs still have their own (very expensive) schools, it's nearly impossible to see anything older than 1900 driving around areas that were settled maybe 100 years before much of PA.

Old 09-24-2014, 04:43 PM

6,212 posts, read 9,155,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidphilly View Post
I would think most who have experienced PA would disagree

even the areas close to Philly are very scenic

some images from Bucks county - adjacent to Philadelphia

https://www.google.com/search?q=buck...ed=0CAYQ_AUoAQ

or Chester county etc.
https://www.google.com/search?q=ches...ed=0CAYQ_AUoAQ

and this is not even to the mountains which probably comprise about 80% of the land area of PA
Awesome links, most especially Chester County.

Old 09-24-2014, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duderino View Post
Haha--can't blame you for that. Fall, spring and most of summer are absolutely amazing in the Northeast. Even winter has its charms, but I admit it can get a little dreary.
This, I love fall the most

Old 09-24-2014, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
You should check out Williamsburg and Norfolk next time. From a historical perspective, they are definitely two of the more interesting cities in the Northeast.
Nice try, don't you even try to derail this thread.

Old 09-24-2014, 05:21 PM

22,379 posts, read 38,698,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcave360 View Post
Awesome links, most especially Chester County.
yeah and many parts of MD and VA are under rated from this perspective

Love the horse country just west of NOVA gorgeous

i think on the whole the NE corridor get a wrap of being urban when just outside is strikingly pretty

take NYC - just outside the city in West Chester its amazing and only miles away

I actually prefer Bucks to Chester but both have their beauty

Check out New Hope and the Delaware valley if you ever get the chance

New Hope is slice of heaven really

https://www.google.com/search?q=New+...&q=new+hope+pa

https://www.google.com/search?q=New+...Valley+Scenery

Old 09-24-2014, 10:04 PM

96 posts, read 250,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
Even if King of Prussia Mall is the biggest, I would think Mall of America in Minnesota is more well known as being the biggest.
More well known vs Facts. I say facts wins. I think I get your point though, but its still the biggest so I can say it. Philly has the biggest mall in the USA in its metro.

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of..._United_States
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.