Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2008, 01:09 PM

2,904 posts, read 6,916,294 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Palpatein View Post
I do NOT want to live in a diverse area. I'm tired of the baggy pants, sideways cap wearing thugs who try to intimidate senior citizens, soccer moms and oogle 13 year old girls. Fed up with all the people who constantly use the racism card. And I'm tired of third world people flashing their flags or ethnicity in my face all the time. I used to be this fellow who wanted us to all live together and hold hands and drink a Coke. But that's not the real world.

You liberal whites reading this are probably swallowing your tongues. But at least I don't hate my mommy and daddy like you do. And I don't fall for the white guilt trip like you do thinking you're some kind of saint because you have compassion. I guarantee you, if you had the choice between your car being broke down in some gated white community or the ghetto section of Detroit, you'd choose the white community in a heart beat. White liberals who pull the diversity is great line are the biggest hypocrites around because they seclude themselves amongst whites and non-white people who are along the same vein as Oprah Winfrey and NOT 50 cent or some Ghetto gang-banger contingent.
Reminds me of a point I've been trying to make. No matter whether its good or bad, a place that is ethnically diverse is in no way superior to a place dominated by whites, Hispanics, or blacks. Although, you will see much more poverty and crime in the black and Hispanic dominated areas (usually). That's not racism-just a sad fact.

Sen. Palp, if you're so frustrated at people intimidating senior citizens and 13 year olds, go out and do something, don't just vent on the internet.

As far as your question of where would you want to live-Detroit ghetto or gated white community-obiously I'd pick the gated community but the question isn't exactly fair.

-

Old 01-11-2008, 01:40 PM

307 posts, read 1,397,343 times
Quote:
I do NOT want to live in a diverse area. I'm tired of the baggy pants, sideways cap wearing thugs who try to intimidate senior citizens, soccer moms and oogle 13 year old girls. Fed up with all the people who constantly use the racism card. And I'm tired of third world people flashing their flags or ethnicity in my face all the time. I used to be this fellow who wanted us to all live together and hold hands and drink a Coke. But that's not the real world.

This happens in any major city, even suburbs. In almost every school you will kids wearing baggy pants and acting tough. If you have such strong opinions then do something about then just ranting on the internet.

Blame the media, not "diversity"

This country has many ethnic groups I doubt their culture and "flags" are going anywhere, anytime soon. That is what happens when people of different cultures live together in one country. Multi-diversity happens.

Quote:
And by the way, I've had more non-white friends in college alone and probably EVEN NOW than most of you white guilt riddled liberals have probably ever had in your entire life.
I love how those trying to make an intelligent point throw in "belittling nicknames" into their statements. And why are you trying so hard to prove you have ethnic friends? It does not give you the O.K. to stereotype back. Just because you might have friends of other races does not mean you have to acquire a "Holier then thou" attitude. (Meaning I can say this or that, just because I have ethnic friends)

It makes you lack a point.

Last edited by Beliy Plashik; 01-11-2008 at 01:56 PM..

Old 01-12-2008, 08:44 AM

208 posts, read 412,158 times
There isn't much you can do if your town starts filling up with thugs.

Calling cops doesn't do much good.

Even if you start a street-watch, so what? Those thugs might not necessarily live on your street or part of town but they still show up at your mall, gas stations, grocery stores, walmarts, etc. And many times they might not even live in your town but travel to it.

Old 01-12-2008, 09:32 AM

8,357 posts, read 25,239,004 times
Quote:

You liberal whites reading this are probably swallowing your tongues. But at least I don't hate my mommy and daddy like you do. And I don't fall for the white guilt trip like you do thinking you're some kind of saint because you have compassion. I guarantee you, if you had the choice between your car being broke down in some gated white community or the ghetto section of Detroit, you'd choose the white community in a heart beat. White liberals who pull the diversity is great line are the biggest hypocrites around because they seclude themselves amongst whites and non-white people who are along the same vein as Oprah Winfrey and NOT 50 cent or some Ghetto gang-banger contingent.
You need to do more research in selecting your name. That bleeding heart liberal white Luke Skywalker destroyed you, turned his father from the darkside and helped free the galaxy from evil tryanny.

Detroit ghetto or white gated community? They both suck.

Old 01-12-2008, 10:04 AM

(Keep in mind I'm a college graduate, open-minded white collar professional. I have lived in or near Houston all my life which is one of the most diverse cities in the nation. Whites make up only 8% of HISD. In fact Harris county is rated tops in immigrant population. So I know what I'm talking about.)

I used to be all for diversity but my thinking has evolved. It's no longer 1945 where America is 90% white. In that setting where you have a 90/10 split diversity might seem to work and be enjoyable. But that's because the ethnic minorities (multiple ethnic minorities) that make up the 10% must assimulate into society instead of trying to clash against it.

I've been friends with an incredible array of people from all over the world. For severals year I attended a "diversity candidate" mega church that was 99% that particular "diversity candidate group" with thousands of members. I've been around the block a few times and I can tell you in 2008 America, diversity does NOT benefit me or my genetic group.

And I'll tell you why. After I married, I moved to a really nice, safe quiet town outside of Houston's city limits near my wife's family. Things were great. But within the past couple of years, everything's changed. Drive down the main road and you see gang graffiti popping up. You see "Diversity Candidate" Mafia guys bouncing around in the grocery store trying to intimidate senior citizens and women.

You see drunk "diversity candidates" outside a main grocery store getting into a fist fight. You go to the mall which used to be really great and now you see packs of "diversity candidates", packs of them glaring at you like they're going to fight you. I came up out of an elevator pushing my baby in her stroller and this guy gets in front of me and starts staring me down with this look of hate like he was about to swing at me. (I never saw this guy in my life before.)

And you don't want your kids to play in the Mall playground when to many of them are around because their kids will invariably attack yours and their parents get pissed if you try to stop it!

You see many of these "diversity candidates" walking in the mall in summer in heavy coats with baggy pants wearing shades. You see these men looking at 13 year old girls and following them around like they want to abduct them or something. You see packs of "diversity candidate" teens running through the bookstore and past you at the mall. You see obvious gang-banger wannabes grinning ear to ear as they do their "gangster walk" ... obviously trying to make some middle aged woman nervous. You start seeing trash everywhere.

At a school which was once nice, safe and did well academically - all that's changed due to the influx of many of these "diversity candidates." Suddenly they start rumors about how they're going to target certain guys on the football team. They start fist fights, dealing drugs. You see groups of them walking around with their gangster uniforms on, trying to act like they're going to punch someone, etc.

The preferred fighting method of these kids is that they target some kid. Then they block off a corridor or trap that kid in a bathroom and block teachers from getting near the attack. A whole pack of them 3 minimum then surround that kid, and sucker punch him or her. They then knock that kid to the ground and purposely soccer kick that kid in the head as hard as they can. Then, if that kids parents complain, these diversity candidates pull out their magic race card and little if anything's done about the attack. This is reality and it happen all the time all across America. The media won't report it because what Britney Spears is doing is more interesting.

When you live in an environment like this, you notice how ethno-centric all these hypenated Americans and new arrivals really are. They'd celebrate if you and your genetic group suddenly disappeared. I know because I have always had many friends outside my genetic group and they always talked about how their culture is so great and they'd especially rub it in your face if you were the only guy around outside their genetic group when their friends and family showed up.

I mean come on, "Yeah I know you're proud of ___. Can't we just see each other as human beings?"

On the outside, where it benefits them they may act like your best buddy but visit their Internet discussion forums and you'll be shocked about what they say about white America. And of course, some of them really are awesome great people but it's obvious that the majority see themselves in some kind of crusade where they have to shove their culture down your throat.

I'm part Irish and I don't try to work my Irishness into every conversation or start sprinkling my English with Gaelic. I don't run around flashing Ireland's flag in people's faces.

I'm tired of the ETHNIC EVANGELISM of diversity candidates. And I'm tired of their ethnic evangelism on mainstream kids shows and TV. "Ok, great, you're proud of your culture ... can we move on?" But the fact is, they aren't going to move on. And this is precisely why diversity will split America into multiple territories. Perhaps that was the plan all along. Who knows.

Living around a bunch of ethno-centric, flag-flashing, ethnic-evanglists ... and or gang-bangers is risky business.

Last edited by Senator Palpatein; 01-12-2008 at 10:43 AM..

Old 01-12-2008, 10:11 AM

LOL ... that's why when I get a chance to play Star Wars Battlefront II I play the side of the Empire.

On the same note, if you watched 20/20 last night about happiness, you saw how a dictator rose to power in Singapore and transformed it from being a seedy, poverty-stricken, crime-infested nation into what it is now. Singapore is freaking awesome. I wouldn't mind living there. No stupid sideways cap wearing thugs, suicidal liberals and virtually no crime. Plus the people there are really starting to roll in the dough. Not saying I'm for dictatorships, but I sure wish we had a Wyatt Erp, Clint Eastwood guy running America instead of compassionate conservatives who pardon murderers and rapists while imprisoniing law enforcement officers who did their job.

Old 01-12-2008, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Luv View Post

Detroit ghetto or white gated community? They both suck.
LMAO. I agree.

Old 01-12-2008, 10:43 AM

Quote:
(Keep in mind I'm a college graduate, open-minded white collar professional. I have lived in or near Houston all my life which is one of the most diverse cities in the nation. Whites make up only 8% of HISD. In fact Harris county is rated tops in immigrant population. So I know what I'm talking about.)

You are doing it again. Do not rely on your "profession" or any of that type of quota. I mean you could as easily be lying.

I could say that I've traveled to Japan, Yucatan, Mexico City, 27 states of United States, Toronto Canada, London, Paris, Warsaw, Czech Slovakia, Moscow, St Petersburg, Kamchatka, Irkutsk, (So I would know about Diversity and being open minded about the world and diversity)

Going to University . (I mean I did all of those things, but that is besides the point )

Do not rely on your past experiences because your opinion via internet does not posses any more merit then mine, or any other poster.

And no one actually cares if you are an "Open-minded, white collar professional with a college degree. --
you are trying to give yourself more credit/merit and frankly it is pathetic.
And Houston is not the most diverse city in America. It is Los Angeles, and Orange County area (Metropolitan area). and New York City Area Please do some actual research.

There is a difference between integrated diversity and segregated diversity. Keep that in mind.

Last edited by Beliy Plashik; 01-12-2008 at 10:54 AM..

Old 01-12-2008, 10:54 AM

Ok Beliy so then what's your point in even talking? I mean you could be making anything up so why bother to post. I'm speaking truth and it galls you I know. You want to pretend everything's fine and dandy in 2008 America but its not.

Many people think if someone doesn't like ethnic displacement i.e., diversity then they must be an uneducated backwoods redneck. For this reason I gave some bio. Perhaps it scares you that a white collar, college educated person of European genetics is questioning diversity. Unfortunately for you, lots of us white collar, college educated people are questioning it nowadays.

Also it shows you skimmed my post, you didn't read it because I did NOT say Houston was the most ... I said Houston is one of the most. Big difference.

Even if you did travel to all those places, so what. We're talking about America. We're NOT talking about some RV park or some resort town you stayed in for 2 weeks. We're talking about everyday life on the streets in one of the most diverse cities in America.

On a side note, diversity isn't working in LA either. Two different diversity candidate groups are having a low intensity race war where ethnic cleansing is actually taking place. The US media won't report it because its a rock through their glass house. The liberal, pro-diversity BBC media reported it along with a few smaller American papers.

Diversity isn't working too well in Brazil either. The crime is terrible and people live in walled in gated areas to stay safe from the crime. Because of diversity, Yugoslavia had a horrific war in the 90's. The only places where diversity seems to work is in a police state like Venezuela or Cuba. Diversity is also what cause the fall of Rome. It's a known fact that Japan which is 97% Japanese (the rest being Korean) is an economic powerhouse that constantly creates amazing new electronics. Their society is polite, courteous and SAFE! Whereas America and Brazil, two very diverse countries are dirty, full of ethnic strife, gang-bangers, murder, rape, meth use, etc.

Last edited by Senator Palpatein; 01-12-2008 at 11:14 AM..

Old 01-12-2008, 01:19 PM

2,904 posts, read 6,916,294 times
Quote:
Ok Beliy so then what's your point in even talking? I mean you could be making anything up so why bother to post. I'm speaking truth and it galls you I know. You want to pretend everything's fine and dandy in 2008 America but its not.

Many people think if someone doesn't like ethnic displacement i.e., diversity then they must be an uneducated backwoods redneck. For this reason I gave some bio. Perhaps it scares you that a white collar, college educated person of European genetics is questioning diversity. Unfortunately for you, lots of us white collar, college educated people are questioning it nowadays.

Also it shows you skimmed my post, you didn't read it because I did NOT say Houston was the most ... I said Houston is one of the most. Big difference.

Even if you did travel to all those places, so what. We're talking about America. We're NOT talking about some RV park or some resort town you stayed in for 2 weeks. We're talking about everyday life on the streets in one of the most diverse cities in America.

On a side note, diversity isn't working in LA either. Two different diversity candidate groups are having a low intensity race war where ethnic cleansing is actually taking place. The US media won't report it because its a rock through their glass house. The liberal, pro-diversity BBC media reported it along with a few smaller American papers.

Diversity isn't working too well in Brazil either. The crime is terrible and people live in walled in gated areas to stay safe from the crime. Because of diversity, Yugoslavia had a horrific war in the 90's. The only places where diversity seems to work is in a police state like Venezuela or Cuba. Diversity is also what cause the fall of Rome. It's a known fact that Japan which is 97% Japanese (the rest being Korean) is an economic powerhouse that constantly creates amazing new electronics. Their society is polite, courteous and SAFE! Whereas America and Brazil, two very diverse countries are dirty, full of ethnic strife, gang-bangers, murder, rape, meth use, etc.
I actually agree with some of what you have said but that brings us to this question? What to do about it? If you could push a magic button that would do anything what would it do?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.