Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2014, 02:03 PM

29 posts, read 39,412 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecarebear View Post
Brilliant post. You nailed why I can't stand Trendy and the Midwest is my #1 relocation spot.

Thanks little bear. I like the way ya think.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2014, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omatic View Post
I do see the point the OP is trying to make, though it comes off as somewhat dramatic. A lot of you proved him right by calling him racist or bringing politics into this.

I see it a lot on here and other forums.

When a minority(black, hispanic) looking for suggestions posts criteria wanting to be in an area with mostly blacks/hispanic = simply looking for a city they feel comfortable in.

When a white person wants to be in a mostly white area = Racist/Bigot.

I can say all the major/trendy cities are basically the same - they all think making progress means being politically correct. The mindset in most, if not all big/progressive cities is this: Recycle/Ride bikes - if you dont that means you hate the earth! Go vegan- if you dont you are a horrible person who hates animals. There is so much pressure to be politically correct nowadays and and everyone preaches how tolerant and open minded they are. Yeah, they are so tolerant all right = as long as you agree with their views and opinions. If you dont, you are labeled a bigot, a racist, a crazy republican, backwoods, or uneducated.

Another thing that is in big cities is the unhealthy obsession with technology/smartphones/Apple. People now are like zombies when they are glued to their phones, which is the majority of the time. They have gotten so shallow and materialistic, putting Instagram and SnapChat first, over actual physical interaction. Just think about Black Friday - the very next day after Thanksgiving, a day that is about how thankful and appreciative you are, is a day that is all about standing in a long line wasting your day away, fighting (in some cases killing) with people just to get 20% off that newest, shiniest gadget which they will soon declare to be outdated and not good enough in probably less than 5 months. It is sick, really.

The OP simply wants to escape all this.. somewhere where it is less noticeable or not as severe. The insults and name calling need to stop. You disagree with him, fine. But be civil. You are exactly the people he wants away from. Because this is the mentality most of you commenting have - Wow, he does not think like me so he must be an idiot or a troll. Shoot, I do not blame the guy.

Thank you for having an individual's voice instead of running with the combative mob that seems to have formed here.

It's all there in what he posted. ^^^ Just the truth. And as much as it chagrins me to say, if you don't or can't see the problem, it is most likely because you are a part of it. Anyone who identifies with what I see in these major cities can only hang their head and recoil at the stark nothingness of contemporary thought and society. Thank the fates that there were no cell phones or computers when I was a boy..

Old 10-20-2014, 06:31 AM

5,287 posts, read 5,786,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderlust Wisdom View Post
That's funny, because as I was reading and scrolling down, once I saw the words "mega man" I somehow simply -knew- I was about to get jabbed at and attacked. I knew that because I know who is who on here and who stands for what. You are merely a type. -The- type at that. Lay not your waste at my door.

I'm glad others noticed the very sordid ilk of folk I speak towards crop up out of the woodwork and start gunning for an 'opposer' of the popular cause/style/trend/thought process.
Cry me a river.

You still haven't told us why not Texas.

Old 10-20-2014, 03:58 PM

You are everything wrong with America today versus 25 years ago Mega Man.

I'm not going to comment on Texas as my answer won't matter to the rabble on here who once you show you are not with -their- own thought processes and belief systems, that -you- are bad and -you- are hateful.

So assume whatever you wish about Texas, and I will rest easy knowing it has nothing to do with politics or race or any of the hot-buttons everyone loves to push once you say you don't think or feel about things the way they do.

I'm done posting here. This forum on the whole is contaminated with the same disgusting element that permeates the Portland cityscape.

Once the last generation that were young adults in the 90s is gone, there will be nothing of true substance left in America.

Nothing.

And the folks who truly understand exactly -what- I mean with that statement, are the very people who are a dying breed and are the last vestige of true Americana.

Old 10-21-2014, 07:45 AM

5,287 posts, read 5,786,880 times
Quote:
You are everything wrong with America today versus 25 years ago Mega Man.

I'm not going to comment on Texas as my answer won't matter to the rabble on here who once you show you are not with -their- own thought processes and belief systems, that -you- are bad and -you- are hateful.

So assume whatever you wish about Texas, and I will rest easy knowing it has nothing to do with politics or race or any of the hot-buttons everyone loves to push once you say you don't think or feel about things the way they do.

I'm done posting here. This forum on the whole is contaminated with the same disgusting element that permeates the Portland cityscape.

Once the last generation that were young adults in the 90s is gone, there will be nothing of true substance left in America.

Nothing.

And the folks who truly understand exactly -what- I mean with that statement, are the very people who are a dying breed and are the last vestige of true Americana.
Good luck to you

Old 10-21-2014, 12:07 PM

4,059 posts, read 5,618,677 times
Quote:
...I just find myself shaking my head at these people whom I'll carefully refrain from describing too scathingly. You know, the hipster, snarky, pretentious, effeminate, pro-minority, anti-white, socially brainwashed types.
If that's your restrained version I'm curious to see what the scathing descriptions would have been.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.