Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2014, 02:55 PM

3,533 posts, read 5,791,632 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caesarstl View Post
To put it kindly, you're really not very good at talking about this issue...
Says the City Data Czar

To put it kindly , you do need a few brain cells to understand what I wrote.

Old 10-31-2014, 08:06 PM

1,773 posts, read 2,655,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RotseCherut View Post
Says the City Data Czar

To put it kindly , you do need a few brain cells to understand what I wrote.

If that makes you feel better than by all means You have no idea how I feel on this issue but as I said, you are horrible at talking about this... and again, that was being kind as it was atrocious...

Old 10-31-2014, 08:11 PM

Quote:
If that makes you feel better than by all means You have no idea how I feel on this issue but as I said, you are horrible at talking about this... and again, that was being kind as it was atrocious...
Wow, you hurt my feelings.. I am glad to know you are such an inspirational and intelligent speaker Keep up the good work..

Instead of acting like a juvenile and saying how bad I am about talking about it, how about you, using that great wit of yours, explain the flaws in my statements?

Generally, simple-minded people will make a quick scoff at a post , rather than debate the issue in an intelligible manner.. Thanks for proving yourself.

If you have something better to contribute I'd love to hear it.. Please share your wisdom rather than just slander me. That is if you can do anything better with yourself than just denigrate people's posts on the web forum.

And, for the record, I wasn't exactly going out of my way to win the hearts and souls of any people here, as most are far too ignorant, brainwashed and fixed in their mindset of hating guns to bother to listen to any wisdom on these internet forums anyhow.

Old 10-31-2014, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Wow, you hurt my feelings.. I am glad to know you are such an inspirational and intelligent speaker Keep up the good work..

Instead of acting like a juvenile and saying how bad I am about talking about it, how about you, using that great wit of yours, explain the flaws in my statements?

Generally, simple-minded people will make a quick scoff at a post , rather than debate the issue in an intelligible manner.. Thanks for proving yourself.

If you have something better to contribute I'd love to hear it.. Please share your wisdom rather than just slander me. That is if you can do anything better with yourself than just denigrate people's posts on the web forum.

And, for the record, I wasn't exactly going out of my way to win the hearts and souls of any people here, as most are far too ignorant, brainwashed and fixed in their mindset of hating guns to bother to listen to any wisdom on these internet forums anyhow.
Since it's almost 4am here, I'm just going to re-quote your goldmine of wisdom... Hopefully I'll have time tomorrow (all day bday party), but you don't have to be an "inspiration and intelligent speaker" to see the ridiculous comparisons, straw-men, logical fallacies, prejudice/political bs that does nothing to advance a conversation about a clear national debate, hilarious assumptions, and just plan outright what the...? The only paragraph I really agree with is the final target shooting paragraph.

Quote:
Up here in the Skagit Valley in NW Washington people even open carry their pistols. It's not really a big deal..

Is San Francisco still part of America? Didn't know that..

To the gun haters:
I own guns and I am proud! Keep your fascist nazi laws away from me. My grandmother/great grand parents come from Russia/Belarus/Ukraine where they were not allowed to own guns. Her village in Belarus was systematically wiped out by the Nazis. Everyone was unarmed and defenseless. The nazis forced everyone, including men women and children to dig their own graves before they shot them all dead and buried them. Are you gun hating liberals happy about that? Yeah at least they didn't own guns and shoot somebody!
Quote:

And yet, more people are killed by cars than by guns..

It's because of a man/woman with a gun looking out for you is why you are alive today and well typing all your anti-gun non-sense..

I bet if a guy with a knife broke into your house and was getting ready to rape your wife and stab you and your wife to death, Zodiac Killer style, you would be only pleading that somebody with a gun would come save your life.

So, you can look at guns as a tool designed to kill, but you can also look at guns as a tool design to protect and to stop a threat.

Let's say that the man with the gun busts in the door to save you and your wife/husband.. The bad guy drops the knife. You, your wife, the bad guy all live and no blood is shed because of the gun. So, in effect, a gun is a Protection device and not a killing device. Whereas if the gun did not exist, you and your wife would be swiss cheese that is after he raped her and murdered her mentally. All this because you thought guns were so evil..

Oh by the way, we don't live in fairlyand where everyone holds hands , sing songs and just has a good ol time dancing around naked around the bonfire. There are bad people out there and yeah they will rape, kill and pillage if you do not defend yourselves against them.

BTW.. Target shooting is helluva fun.. So are cowboy shoots and IPSC and IDPA matches, etc.. Nothing dies in these matches despite all the loads and loads of ammo dumped on the range.. Amazing isn't it?? Therefore, another use for guns is target shooting which is a very competitive sport that even old people and people in wheelchairs can participate in.

Once again, debunking your bogus and ignorant claims.

Old 11-01-2014, 02:25 AM

Quote:
Since it's almost 4am here, I'm just going to re-quote your goldmine of wisdom... Hopefully I'll have time tomorrow (all day bday party), but you don't have to be an "inspiration and intelligent speaker" to see the ridiculous comparisons, straw-men, logical fallacies, prejudice/political bs that does nothing to advance a conversation about a clear national debate, hilarious assumptions, and just plan outright what the...? The only paragraph I really agree with is the final target shooting paragraph.

Well, at least you agree with something.. I wasn't exactly writing the Emancipation Proclamation here.. I just banged out a lot of various thoughts, just as many other posters do..

Logical fallacies?? Straw-men?? Ok.. Certainly share your ideas and widom.. I am here to converse not get in a pissing match, although most of these threads tend to degrade into those.

BTW, Happy B-Day (assuming its your b-day)..

Old 11-01-2014, 08:19 AM

11,974 posts, read 25,334,810 times
I support the right of reasonable people to own reasonable guns. No person not in police or millitary needs a semi automatic rifle. I also think it's responsible to chose not to own a gun, if you do to keep them securely locked away. Too many people have been killed because a loaded gun was nearby during a heated argument. In my TV market there are probably 5 husband / wife murder suicides each year.

Old 11-04-2014, 12:41 PM

8 posts, read 13,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threestep View Post
Considering the effort it takes to legally own a gun in most countries the US looks like a free country when it comes to gun ownership.
Considering the efforts it takes to get a gun anywhere in the US other than Vermont... Vermont must look like a gun nuts paradise to most people... oh wait... it is.

Old 11-04-2014, 12:46 PM

8 posts, read 13,518 times
I'm just gonna throw this out for everyone to get jealous over... Vermont has the least gun laws in the nation. Not only that, but we also have the highest firearms per capita in the nation (Just so we are clear the NICS numbers don't count for Vermont because we don't have to register our firearms).

Old 11-04-2014, 07:42 PM

Quote:

Well, at least you agree with something.. I wasn't exactly writing the Emancipation Proclamation here.. I just banged out a lot of various thoughts, just as many other posters do..

Logical fallacies?? Straw-men?? Ok.. Certainly share your ideas and widom.. I am here to converse not get in a pissing match, although most of these threads tend to degrade into those.

BTW, Happy B-Day (assuming its your b-day)..
Place-saver for future update. Sorry, personal issues/lack of time are really keeping me from writing out the more detailed response I'd like to.

Thank you, it wasn't actually my birthday though, weekend with the in-laws. I'm not here for a pissing match either. I have a lot of mixed thoughts on this subject as it's way more complex than most (sorry but I'm counting you here also due to some of your bizarre blanket statements) give it credit for, and my rather diverse background would probably surprise you... That being said, your emotion is really getting the best of you on this issue, some of your anger seems really misdirected.

I'll try to provide a more concrete response soon, sorry!

Old 11-04-2014, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Place-saver for future update. Sorry, personal issues/lack of time are really keeping me from writing out the more detailed response I'd like to.

Thank you, it wasn't actually my birthday though, weekend with the in-laws. I'm not here for a pissing match either. I have a lot of mixed thoughts on this subject as it's way more complex than most (sorry but I'm counting you here also due to some of your bizarre blanket statements) give it credit for, and my rather diverse background would probably surprise you... That being said, your emotion is really getting the best of you on this issue, some of your anger seems really misdirected.

I'll try to provide a more concrete response soon, sorry!
It's not my anger, my friend.. I'm actually being more sarcastic than anything.. I really haven't lost a minute of sleep over this thread.

And, my example of the madman coming into the house with a knife to murder the guy and his family is not so far fetched.. These things happen. Perhaps, your background is not diverse enough to have been put into a threatening situation where your life or someone you loved was in jeopardy and at short notice needed a very quick solution to save you. I have been in those situations. And, if you are as brilliant as you say, what would you do in the situation that a threatening individual comes into your house and charges into the bedroom with a knife of your children? How fast are you at dialing 9-1-1? You are intelligent, so please either tell me what is wrong with my example or come up with a feasible and intelligible answer to the question.. Thank you!

As for me, I am quite diverse and have been in all types of situations and in all types of places.. Maybe, it is you who are being a bit too quick on the trigger to judge me? No Pun Intended

I am not angry at all.. I just find the people who are so freaked out about guns and fed the blind propaganda to be a bit disconcerting. More for themselves, than for me.

I'm doing just fine.. It sounds to me that you more have a problem with my viewpoints rather than my way of expressing them. Let's call a spade a spade..

Glad your family had a nice birthday celebration!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.