Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2014, 08:25 AM

35,309 posts, read 51,996,121 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xander_Crews View Post
Yes they do. People need guns.

"A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

We know you couldn't give a crap about a free state, but to some of us, it is the most important political goal. You wan't to talk stats? What single thing killed the most people in the 20th century?

Governments killing their own people, not counting wars.

That was the single highest cause of death. How do you prevent it? Arm the populace.

People don't need fatty foods, they don't need cigarettes, but those two things are the two leading causes of death in the USA. Why aren't fatty foods and cigarettes banned? Some of us believe in freedom. It is fine that you don't, but leave us, the residents of the only country founded explicitly on the concept of freedom, alone.
Again we are talking guns and not the causes of whats going to end the lives of 7000 Americans today.
I dont Live in America and am only going by the perception i see in media and other resources,
As for your claim about guns maintaining a free state? With all the armament available to anyone do you really believe you live in a free state,especially with the attitude that the population needs guns,you dont need guns you want guns theres a difference, i'm not anti guns i think under responsible ownership they can be a useful tool for hunting or a fun toy at the shooting range but way too many are irresponsible and will use their guns for emotional reasons, So as a nation you dont have the general maturity for every one to own guns,
I have no idea how you solve what i consider to be a problem of 100K people being shot every year but i dont think the answer is more guns and easier access to them..

Old 11-23-2014, 08:33 AM

1,401 posts, read 1,478,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xander_Crews View Post
... and it has the THIRD HIGHEST gun ownership rate in the modern civilized world.
Are you a troll? Do you have a map? All of those guns are ment for hunting only. Using a gun against a human is always crime and you will lose your license for rest of your life.

Old 11-23-2014, 08:34 AM

12,883 posts, read 13,882,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
I dont Live in America and am only going by the perception i see in media and other resources,
Exactly, enough said there. The media outside the US regarding guns in the US is incredibly slanted. They sure love to attack us.

Old 11-23-2014, 08:35 AM

Again, someone seems to think that "using a gun against a human" is NOT a crime in the US and is instead both allowed and encouraged...

Old 11-23-2014, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
Again, someone seems to think that "using a gun against a human" is NOT a crime in the US and is instead both allowed and encouraged...
Oh you don't know your own country?

Quote:
In the United States, stand-your-ground law states that an individual has no duty to retreat from any place they have lawful right to be and may use any level of force, including lethal, if they reasonably believe they face an imminent and immediate threat of serious bodily harm or death.

Old 11-23-2014, 09:11 AM

Hmm, self-defense orrr let someone who is threatening to kill me actually kill me so they can have THEIR rights?! Hm what a hard decision! Let me stop and think about this in the middle of someone trying to kill me rather than doing what is instinctual - fighting back. Hope I don't die in that hesitation!

Old 11-23-2014, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Hmm, self-defense orrr let someone who is threatening to kill me actually kill me so they can have THEIR rights?! Hm what a hard decision! Let me stop and think about this in the middle of someone trying to kill me rather than doing what is instinctual - fighting back. Hope I don't die in that hesitation!
Quote:
Hattori was on his way to a Halloween party and went to the wrong house by accident. The property owner, Rodney Peairs, shot and killed Hattori, thinking he was trespassing with criminal intent.
Quote:
"There was no thinking involved. I wish I could have thought. If I could have just thought," Mrs. Peairs said.[8]

The trial lasted seven days. After the jurors deliberated for three and a quarter hours[citation needed], Mr. Peairs was acquitted.
So it is legal to shoot all the kids who trespass your yard
Have fun DDD

Old 11-23-2014, 09:55 AM

"NEWARK — Four men have been indicted on charges of killing a Hoboken attorney during a carjacking in December at The Mall at Short Hills, Acting Essex County Prosecutor Carolyn A. Murray announced today.

Basim Henry, 33, of South Orange, Hanif Thompson, 29, of Irvington, and Karif Ford, 32, and Kevin Roberts, 35, both of Newark, were indicted in connection with the Dec. 15, 2013 murder of 30-year-old Dustin Friedland, prosecutors said.

The fatal shooting occurred when the four men carjacked Friedland as he and his wife entered their Range Rover on an upper level parking deck at the upscale mall in the Short Hills section of Millburn, prosecutors said."

If only this couple had a gun, they could have shot and injured or killed the thugs and an innocent man would still be alive, while the thugs (whose guns were not legal) could be injured or dead.

Four men indicted on murder charges in deadly carjacking at Short Hills mall | NJ.com

Self-defense can be quite a beautiful thing.

Old 11-23-2014, 10:00 AM

Quote:
"NEWARK — Four men have been indicted on charges of killing a Hoboken attorney during a carjacking in December at The Mall at Short Hills, Acting Essex County Prosecutor Carolyn A. Murray announced today.

Basim Henry, 33, of South Orange, Hanif Thompson, 29, of Irvington, and Karif Ford, 32, and Kevin Roberts, 35, both of Newark, were indicted in connection with the Dec. 15, 2013 murder of 30-year-old Dustin Friedland, prosecutors said.

The fatal shooting occurred when the four men carjacked Friedland as he and his wife entered their Range Rover on an upper level parking deck at the upscale mall in the Short Hills section of Millburn, prosecutors said."

If only this couple had a gun, they could have shot and injured or killed the thugs and an innocent man would still be alive, while the thugs (whose guns were not legal) could be injured or dead.

Four men indicted on murder charges in deadly carjacking at Short Hills mall | NJ.com

Self-defense can be quite a beautiful thing.
I would prefer our way No car jackings and murder-robberies here!

Old 11-23-2014, 10:14 AM

Must be great to live in a utopia.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.