U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: You just won the lottery...where in the USA would you live?
Chicago 11 8.27%
Phoenix 5 3.76%
Washington DC 3 2.26%
Seattle 7 5.26%
San Jose 2 1.50%
Dallas 2 1.50%
Stamford 1 0.75%
San Francisco 15 11.28%
Ventura 2 1.50%
Los Angeles 12 9.02%
Kansas City 5 3.76%
Boston 3 2.26%
Other 65 48.87%
Voters: 133. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2014, 02:47 PM

733 posts, read 747,042 times

Advertisements

Same city I live now probably, Los Angeles, over by Macarthur Park. I like it there, more diverse than my fairly homogenously Mexican enclave. I like the Central American and free market character of the area, lots of street vendors. Or maybe Downtown, Historic Core area. Or maybe the city of Huntington Park area in Southeast LA County, I like all those areas, but I'll probably go with Macarthur Park area and hope the yuppies don't ruin it too much. There's no real Native American Indian enclave in Los Angeles but with that sort of money maybe I can make one, that'll be something. And those are good candidates, HP got the American Indian resource center in the library, Macarthur Park is close to downtown and has Latin American Indians like Zapotec and Maya in the area, Historic Core area has Indian Alley, probably why I like these places.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2014, 03:54 PM

4,346 posts, read 7,421,558 times
I would split mine this way:

Summer- I would live in one of those enormous, gorgeous Painted Ladies on Mackinac Island that face the Straits of Mackinac with a view of the Mighty Mac Bridge.

Winter- I would live in one of those three story Colonial era mansions with the piazzas on the Battery in Charleston, SC.

Spring and Fall- I would live in a state-of-the-art log cabin home with a sweeping view of the Great Smoky Mountains.

LOL about people who say they would live here or there to avoid state taxes. Most of us have such a built-in economical, working class mindset, don't we? I mean, if you had $250 million, who cares if you have to pay state tax? You couldn't spend that kind of money in two lifetimes...unless you're Mike Tyson or Michael Jackson...

Old 12-21-2014, 06:43 PM

207 posts, read 270,596 times
Well ..

House back home for family reasons - Chicago

House in the west/northwest austin, tx burbs overlooking he hills/city view

House somewhere In either San Diego, San Francisco, or Seattle

Potentially a house in Denver, co .. What the hell why not
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or