Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2014, 08:25 AM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,784,389 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CravingMountains View Post
I'm sure you feel this way about liberals from any state.
Notice that I put "STEREOTYPICAL" in there to be specific.

I can say the same about conservatives... and I do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2014, 08:26 AM

3,743 posts, read 5,802,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Pay attention to the political orientation of those who are doing the hating, its coming almost entirely from one political demographic .
Disagree

Old 10-23-2014, 08:36 AM

4,918 posts, read 6,421,810 times
California population would be over 40 million if they counted all the illegals.. they have the most populated state with a lot of social problems such as homelessness, inequality between the super rich and super poor more than any other state I ever been to, housing costs are outlandish and the cost of living is insane, taxes are way too high, the traffic is the worst in the nation.. other than that the scenery is amazing, people are socially liberal which is good, great beaches, best weather in the nation imo. California is a state like Texas you either love it or you hate it.. its so big and diverse its impossible to quantify in a paragraph. Personally I love California to visit probably my favorite state to visit because you never run out of places to visit.. I don't think its that affordable anymore to raise a family.. sorry. I love California thou, always got along with the people in California in SF, SD, LA all over the state. Californians have always been really cool with me every time I visit.

Old 10-23-2014, 08:37 AM

1,424 posts, read 2,471,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas_Cabbie View Post
I really don't think it's about politics at all... I think being a Californian is a state of mind to most who live there... "CALI LIFE" ... God, give me a break.

No state has more egotism than California... Noses high up in the air.

Image and status takes priority over common sense in a lot of cases.
This is ridiculous. The amount of Californians who actually cared that much about image and status, would just about be 0% if we let West LA, Hollywood and Newport Beach get swallowed up by the earth.

Also, you live in Las Vegas, a city which 1)shouldnt exist, 2)is an environmental disaster 3)a drain on our resources (water) and 4)very dependent on Californians for tourist $$.

Plus, there are two sets of people with generally bigger egos about where they live than Californians: Texans and New Yorkers (city).

Old 10-23-2014, 08:55 AM

5,365 posts, read 6,300,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricNorthman View Post
People blame them for increases in housing prices. The evil Californian sells their house in California and moves to, for example, Texas. Houses cost half or a third of what they are used to so bid strong on the house they want, even to the point of overpaying. When groups of them descend on your city, housing prices skyrocket. At least, so the stereotype goes.
Luckily Texas has enough room for them.

Old 10-23-2014, 09:44 AM

2,436 posts, read 2,775,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gottaq View Post
i hate california because im from the north east, and i dont like how cali has grown faster than us in recent years. lol. i want the crown to remain here!
First, it's California, not "Cali".

Second, "the crown"? That's ridiculous.

Old 10-23-2014, 09:45 AM

2,436 posts, read 2,775,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RudyOD View Post
This is ridiculous. The amount of Californians who actually cared that much about image and status, would just about be 0% if we let West LA, Hollywood and Newport Beach get swallowed up by the earth.

Also, you live in Las Vegas, a city which 1)shouldnt exist, 2)is an environmental disaster 3)a drain on our resources (water) and 4)very dependent on Californians for tourist $$.

Plus, there are two sets of people with generally bigger egos about where they live than Californians: Texans and New Yorkers (city).
Yep.

Old 10-23-2014, 10:20 AM

18,962 posts, read 32,424,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UKWildcat1981 View Post
California population would be over 40 million if they counted all the illegals.. they have the most populated state with a lot of social problems such as homelessness, inequality between the super rich and super poor more than any other state I ever been to, housing costs are outlandish and the cost of living is insane, taxes are way too high, the traffic is the worst in the nation.. other than that the scenery is amazing, people are socially liberal which is good, great beaches, best weather in the nation imo. California is a state like Texas you either love it or you hate it.. its so big and diverse its impossible to quantify in a paragraph. Personally I love California to visit probably my favorite state to visit because you never run out of places to visit.. I don't think its that affordable anymore to raise a family.. sorry. I love California thou, always got along with the people in California in SF, SD, LA all over the state. Californians have always been really cool with me every time I visit.
They do include illegal aliens in population counts/estimates.

Old 10-23-2014, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
They do include illegal aliens in population counts/estimates.

I serious doubt that, no way to know how many of them are in the state plus they are transient and might go back and forth across the border especially if they live in San Diego and LA.. its a short drive.

Old 10-23-2014, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CravingMountains View Post
Luckily Texas has enough room for them.
Texas economy is way better than California overall. California is a great state to move to if you are a plastic surgeon thou. I love California but the overall cost of living is insane and the taxes are too damn high.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.