U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2017, 04:17 PM

29,873 posts, read 27,324,185 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadgerFilms View Post
Lol I'd wear a "Hillary for Prison" t. shirt and I'm not redneck at all. Hell, I'm not conservative either!
The fact that you actually don't says it all.

Old 03-09-2017, 04:21 PM

6,053 posts, read 3,377,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
Utica NY and York PA are redneck? I'm not seeing that due to the general makeup of those small cities, which are quite diverse culturally. Once you get into nearby rural areas, it may be a different story.
I'm not sure why diversity matters. I mean for starters, not all rednecks are white, or even American (yes there's immigrant rednecks too, I have an uncle who's one. Wears cowboy hats, blasts country music, lives in a truck, a hog wild SOB, barely speaks English, but he was a redneck in his home country and adopted the culture in America) but even places that are diverse have rednecks. I live in a pretty diverse college town. A large Hispanic population, a sizeable Middle Eastern and Asian population. Plenty of African Americans and a good amount of Nigerian and Haitian immigrants too. And we don't have a shortage of rednecks. I wouldn't call it redneck heaven but you don't have too look hard to find them either.

Old 03-09-2017, 04:26 PM

6,053 posts, read 3,377,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
The fact that you actually don't says it all.

I've actually thought of getting bumper stickers for "Hillary Clinton", "Donald Trump," "Bernie Sanders," and "Gary Johnson" on the car. All four of 'em. Just to eff with people's minds. I only support one of those 4 and he wasn't even on the ballot.

Wanna know how to really rise up some people? Get a rainbow coloured confederate flag sticker. That's always fun. We had a neighbour state he was offended by our rainbow US flag and our rainbow Texan flag, saying "its not that I hate gay people cuz I don't. That's just not how the flag looks. Its offensive!" Yea? I bet no one would be bothered by a camo US flag, though! We had a blue US flag to support innocent cops being killed, no one was offended by that as far as I know.

Old 03-09-2017, 05:08 PM

1,720 posts, read 1,399,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadgerFilms View Post
Lol I'd wear a "Hillary for Prison" t. shirt and I'm not redneck at all. Hell, I'm not conservative either!
That by itself is not redneck nor do I find it offensive in the least. But when you combine that with a confederate flag hat, camo jacket, country accent and the fact that we were at a pumpkin festival makes it pretty redneck or at least "country", whichever you prefer.

Old 03-09-2017, 09:24 PM

2,780 posts, read 1,624,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
Utica NY and York PA are redneck? I'm not seeing that due to the general makeup of those small cities, which are quite diverse culturally. Once you get into nearby rural areas, it may be a different story.
Regardless of diversity both cities have a sizable population of poor whites. Also there are black and hispanic rednecks. I would know because I've seen them.

Old 03-10-2017, 06:29 AM

44,651 posts, read 36,106,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turnerbro View Post
Redneck but not southern
1. Topeka KS
2. Dayton OH
3. York PA
4. Pocatello ID
5. Decatur IL
Southern but not redneck
1. Austin TX
2. Savannah GA
3. Chattanooga TN
4. Chapel Hill NC
5. Huntsville AL

Looking at this list I question whether redneck where ever really exclusive to the south.
Nope. Never been exclusive to the south.

Old 03-10-2017, 06:31 AM

Heck I saw Confederate flags in Germany.

Old 03-10-2017, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turnerbro View Post
Regardless of diversity both cities have a sizable population of poor whites. Also there are black and hispanic rednecks. I would know because I've seen them.
Me too. I live in Texas and it's chock full of "country" Latinos. And "black cowboys."

Old 03-10-2017, 06:37 AM

13,217 posts, read 17,945,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Heck I saw Confederate flags in Germany.
Rotehälse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Me too. I live in Texas and it's chock full of "country" Latinos. And "black cowboys."
A lot of small towns in the interior of California and the desert Southwest have lots of "redneck" Mexicans. I had to stop for gas in Littlefield, AZ once, and when I went to pay for the gas, I knew that I stuck out like a sore thumb.

Old 03-10-2017, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craziaskowboi View Post
Rotehälse!
Sorry, I have no idea what that means! Red something.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or