U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2014, 04:08 PM

1,426 posts, read 1,893,947 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mega man View Post
The accents on True Blood are completely phony. Not authentic at all.
Well then...the fictional Louisiana vampire accent is rather sexy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2014, 04:10 PM

4,802 posts, read 3,880,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf39us View Post
Can't stand southern accents at all (I'm from New England). I prefer foreign mostly UK or Australia.
New England accents on women are SO SEXY.

Old 11-03-2014, 04:17 PM

5,286 posts, read 4,189,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RudyOD View Post
Well then...the fictional Louisiana vampire accent is rather sexy.
Lol...you sure it's not just the actors/actresses that you find sexy?

Old 11-03-2014, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mega man View Post
Lol...you sure it's not just the actors/actresses that you find sexy?
Hmmm...I personally find that when a woman's voice is not sexy, I find her less sexy.

New York women who sound New York just become sexier when they talk. I don't know how, but they do. They don't even have to be super hot, either. It's like just hearing their voice makes me think sexy.

Old 11-03-2014, 04:33 PM

24 posts, read 22,305 times
Oh, I just love a southern accent on a woman. It's definitely something that can add to attractiveness in my book.

Old 11-03-2014, 10:03 PM
Status: "How does R Kelly get more press than Jeffrey Epstein?" (set 1 day ago)

1,259 posts, read 594,340 times
In the US, I tend to like it when a woman has a non-rhotic accents. So I like:
-Boston types
-New Orleans (Louisiana in general)
-Tidewater types
-New York City types
-Charleston types
-Savannah types

SC and GA both have some low country areas with that accent. It can sound pretty nice depending on the speaker.

EDIT: A lite MN and WI accent can be charming too.

Old 11-03-2014, 10:30 PM

18,162 posts, read 23,171,210 times
I haven't enjoyed reading a thread so much in a long time. What fun. Great thread, OP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
I am a sucker for a man with a Texas accent.

My husband's Texan voice makes me melt!
Yeah, baby! Before I even started reading this thread I thought Texas, all the way. I don't care for any southern accents, maybe because I lived in the south for 5 years and did not like the culture there, at all. Well, Louisiana is okay - the Cajun culture. But, I think one of the reasons I especially love the Texas accent is because Texans are so wonderful. I can't say the same for my experience with people in the South as a rule. Or at least my experience in Tennessee. The Cajun folk I met in Louisiana were like Texans as far as being friendly and very hospitable. My perception of the culture behind the accent tends to influence whether or not I like the sound of it.

I also have really liked people I've met from Minnesota, so I like that accent. I love the way they have hilarious sayings for everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michele87 View Post
Breathy Texan ala Farrah Fawcett. I wish I could find a girlfriend that talks like her. I don know if it is the same as Southern Belle?
Definitely not, Texans are nothing like Southern Belles in my experience. Southern Belles are often cagy and manipulative. Not their fault, it's the culture - you're not supposed to be straightforward, which is considered bad manners. For instance, I heard several times while living in Tennessee from women there that they "chased their husband until he caught her," with a wink and a giggle. I found them disingenuous, so I cringe when I hear a southern accent, especially on a woman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieOlSkool View Post
Hmmm...I personally find that when a woman's voice is not sexy, I find her less sexy.
This made me think of that old movie, Singing in the Rain with the woman with the awful voice, LOL:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3OkXi5osfU

Old 11-04-2014, 06:23 AM

I want to add that while I find Irish women very attractive, I find their accent unappealing. I'd rather be with an Irish-American woman (preferably from the Northeast) than an Irish native because I just think the Irish accent is very much not sexy.

Old 11-04-2014, 08:54 AM

556 posts, read 636,113 times
Oh my lord. The accents of New York or Boston women make me want to glue my ears shut.

Old 11-04-2014, 03:21 PM

1,357 posts, read 1,122,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieOlSkool View Post
Chicago's accent is a bit Upper Midwestern and nasal...
I know multiple people from that area and they do not have it. Most of the people that have it seem to be from Minnesota, Michigan or Indiana.

Note that this is just to my ears. Other people will hear differently.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.