Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2014, 06:35 PM

6,208 posts, read 9,205,461 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieOlSkool View Post
Baltimore (yes, I went there) is SEXY. Women with Baltimore accents make me melt. So down to earth sounding and dare I say refined (like a British lite). I spoke to a woman on the phone from Baltimore (job interview) and her voice made her seem extra hot. I think I'm probably the ONLY person who appreciates the Bawlmer accent.

"Hey hon, yew want a sewda?"
The Bmore accent is definitely interesting but I don't know if I would personally call it sexy. Different strokes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2014, 08:39 PM

375 posts, read 799,712 times
I don't know if I really find any accent that sexy. I know that I don't find any northeastern accents that attractive on women and while southern girls seem nice I can't help but see them as stuck up sorority types who really aren't that nice. Texas doesn't seem to have as much of that fake type of southern accent. I guess I like my midwestern girls.

Old 11-16-2014, 11:33 PM

3,530 posts, read 4,171,933 times
I'm from the Northeast, and I don't find our accents attractive on women AT ALL. Was turned off by Margot Robbie in the Wolf of Wall Street, for example. Not a fan of Nicki Minaj's accent, either. On guys, a strong Northeast accent (yes, all of them) makes you sound either tough or stupid (possibly both).

I'd say Southern girls with an accent are pretty sexy. I know she's from New Zealand, but Anna Paquin in True Blood was sexy sounding as hell.

Old 11-17-2014, 09:03 AM

2,529 posts, read 1,860,003 times
I love a sweet woman with a warm southern accent.

Old 11-18-2014, 05:20 AM

3,119 posts, read 6,600,730 times
Definitely not Michigan. And I am usually a big homer.

Old 11-18-2014, 06:29 AM

4,792 posts, read 6,049,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michigan83 View Post
Definitely not Michigan. And I am usually a big homer.
They sound just like us Chicagoans, in my opinion.

But I agree, not sexy. In my opinion the Midwest has the least sexy sound of any US region. Northeast (like NY and New England) is sexy to me. Southern is sexy to me. Midwest...meh.

Old 11-18-2014, 11:30 AM

14,164 posts, read 27,215,585 times
Definitely a Denver accent

Old 11-19-2014, 10:46 AM

260 posts, read 299,497 times
I'm a fan of generic American accents. The southern accent is just weird to me on women. It's just too "homley" feels like i cant have an intelligent conversation with southern women because of the southern draw. I do like some NYC accents "Carrie" from King of Queens has a beautiful accent IMO. I like Trinidadian accents. It sounds Jamican but with a British tinge.

Old 11-19-2014, 11:08 AM

3,639 posts, read 3,337,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonTy View Post
I'm a fan of generic American accents. The southern accent is just weird to me on women. It's just too "homley" feels like i cant have an intelligent conversation with southern women because of the southern draw. I do like some NYC accents "Carrie" from King of Queens has a beautiful accent IMO. I like Trinidadian accents. It sounds Jamican but with a British tinge.
Funny you should say Trinidadian lol. My dad was dating a girl from Trinidad behind my mom's back (long story). I also liked her accent... holy crap can that woman drink. My dad went to Trinidad with her a couple of times and told me that they speak with such an unusual dialect of English that it is near impossible for him to keep up with them. Apparently they cut words, drop endings -- that kind of stuff.

Not only could that woman out drink both my father and me, she made amazing food.

I would totally go visit Trinidad (provided that I don't have to drive lol)

Old 12-26-2014, 11:35 PM

1,359 posts, read 1,805,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieOlSkool View Post
Huh? Indiana isn't even Upper Midwest! It's funny because most people I've met from Indiana sound either General American or semi-Southern (going to Indy and below). Anyway, people's perceptions are always going to vary. But I have a few examples for you that show the similarities between Minnesotan and Chicago. They are definitely there and numerous.

True Chicago accents are similar to Minnesota accents.

The differences between Minnesotan and Chicagoan are minimal.
Yes, I realize Indiana is NOT the upper midwest. However, their accent is similar to the ones I've heard in Michigan and Minnesota.

In regards to the Chicago AREA accent, I am basing it on friends that I have from there. To my ear it sounds different than the others.

Again I will say, this is my perception and my opinion. Not sure why you're trying to prove me wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.