U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-27-2014, 01:07 PM

1 posts, read 760 times

Advertisements

Hi! My family is moving from Sacramento California to Fort Worth Texas in February 2015. We will be driving there with a moving truck and another car. We have 3 children. What are some fun or cool things to see and do on the way to make the trip more enjoyable for our children? Any recommendations on how to travel that far with three young kids? Ages 7, 3, and 4. They have gone a trips that were 8 hours but we always drove at night. Any help would be awesome! Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2014, 02:42 PM

9,197 posts, read 14,021,172 times
Don't iPads solve these car ride problems?

Also: Must prepare the tykes to accept and glory in the Dallas Cowboys culture. They will be swimming in it.

Old 10-27-2014, 09:11 PM

2,300 posts, read 4,121,886 times
I highly recommend visiting the McDonald Observatory in Fort Davis. I took my grandson there during one of our cross country trips and he had a great time.

McDonald Observatory | Visitor information, teacher workshops, public programs in Fort Davis, Texas

Old 10-27-2014, 11:04 PM

2,343 posts, read 2,751,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingAloha View Post
I highly recommend visiting the McDonald Observatory in Fort Davis. I took my grandson there during one of our cross country trips and he had a great time.

McDonald Observatory | Visitor information, teacher workshops, public programs in Fort Davis, Texas
^^Sage advice. In fact, if you have the time, take the mountain scenic loop that the McDonald observatory is on. Very nice little drive that will maybe add an extra hour to your trip. Well worth it.

Don't worry about becoming a Cowboys fan. It's not a prerequisite for living in Texas.

Old 10-28-2014, 06:58 AM

44,758 posts, read 36,160,327 times
You and your kids are in for a treat. Fort Worth is a great city to raise a family in - so much to do with kids! Good luck. I hope your family loves Fort Worth as much as mine does. We don't live there but we live close enough to enjoy it regularly.

Old 10-28-2014, 07:34 AM
JJG

13,247 posts, read 19,177,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobloblawslawblog View Post
^^Sage advice. In fact, if you have the time, take the mountain scenic loop that the McDonald observatory is on. Very nice little drive that will maybe add an extra hour to your trip. Well worth it.

Don't worry about becoming a Cowboys fan. It's not a prerequisite for living in Texas.
Yeah. Just ask all the bandwagoners and fans of OTHER teams who live here...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or