U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-06-2014, 12:15 PM

6,509 posts, read 7,454,824 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKWildcat1981 View Post
Hoke can't coach to save his life. Rich Rod is doing well at Arizona and Arizona is a basketball school. Pizza man Brandon really screwed over Michigan football. I hope Michigan football can recover we don't want to be a joke nationally like Indiana basketball. Michigan better fire the right coach his time in football. The past 10 years has been a joke.

Michigan happens to have a great college football team. It just happens to be in LANSING, not Ann Arbor. My favorite big ten team, the Spartans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2014, 03:03 PM

14,800 posts, read 17,705,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieOlSkool View Post
Michigan does. For example, Chicago's average snowfall is 27 inches whereas Grand Rapids has it in the high 70s.
I can't imagine living somewhere with such low amounts of snow, is there snow on the ground all winter long? Here there is always snow on the ground from Late November to March. and i like it that way.

We did have a winter where there was spots when the snow would melt and it was nothing but ugly dead grass... i hope it doesn't get like that this winter.

Old 11-06-2014, 03:05 PM

4,802 posts, read 3,840,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
I can't imagine living somewhere with such low amounts of snow, is there snow on the ground all winter long? Here there is always snow on the ground from Late November to March. and i like it that way.

We did have a winter where there was spots when the snow would melt and it was nothing but ugly dead grass... i hope it doesn't get like that this winter.
No, we don't get snow on the ground all winter long at all.

Old 11-06-2014, 03:13 PM

3,952 posts, read 3,487,388 times
It'll snow alot and usually melts in a few days. There's about a 4 week period mid jan-mid december when it usually sticks around.

Old 11-06-2014, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjlo View Post
It'll snow alot and usually melts in a few days. There's about a 4 week period mid jan-mid december when it usually sticks around.
In West Michigan?

Old 11-06-2014, 03:45 PM

14,800 posts, read 17,705,729 times
Yea i sure learn a lot here, i thought Minnesota, Wisconsin and Michigan pretty much had the same type of weather.

Old 11-06-2014, 03:58 PM

3,952 posts, read 3,487,388 times
They aren't that different. Michigan is snowier, and MN is colder with WI in the middle that's about it.

Old 11-06-2014, 04:41 PM

20,846 posts, read 35,932,344 times
Quote:
Yea i sure learn a lot here, i thought Minnesota, Wisconsin and Michigan pretty much had the same type of weather.
The coldest area of Wisconsin is the belt that stretches from Hayward east to Tomahawk and north to Manitowish Waters. Last winter that area had an average temperature for the entire winter season of 4F. -30F low temperatures in March as well.

Old 11-06-2014, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Well if snow is your thing, head to West or North Michigan/the UP. If cold is your thing, the western portion of Minnesota away from Lake Superior.

The Dakotas are very similar to Western Minnesota in that they have super frigid winters but snowfall is still not as high as West Michigan or North Michigan. Still they definitely get snow but not the same degree as Duluth or Grand Rapids.

Old 11-07-2014, 12:09 PM

3,451 posts, read 3,395,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjlo View Post
They aren't that different. Michigan is snowier, and MN is colder with WI in the middle that's about it.
Yup

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraniteStater View Post
The coldest area of Wisconsin is the belt that stretches from Hayward east to Tomahawk and north to Manitowish Waters. Last winter that area had an average temperature for the entire winter season of 4F. -30F low temperatures in March as well.
Right, just far enough from the Great Lakes to be away from moderating effects, and up on a giant plateau where altitude affects temperatures as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or