U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2014, 03:29 PM

5,368 posts, read 5,162,488 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELR123 View Post
Haha I don't where the hell you're hanging out but I imagine your case is not typical. Seriously, if you're so anti-pot why are you becoming friends with potheads? I can only assume you're making friends with them, because I don't know how else you would know that a person smokes on a daily basis.

And do you think alcohol and tobacco should be kept underground?
Alcohol no. Tobacco I support more regulation of. If it reeks I don't want it near me. It is disgusting. Alcohol doesn't reek like pot does. And it is impossible not to make friends with the stoners when you go out and meet new people to the city like yourself and EVERYONE smokes pot!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2014, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IShootNikon View Post
LOL at Denver only growing due to legal marijuana. Denver has been growing for years now. Just because you hang out with a bunch of stoners does not mean the whole city is over run with them.
You move to Denver then and tell me your experiences. Especially with trying to get a low end apartment with these stoners flocking into the city on a daily basis.

Old 11-04-2014, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goolsbyjazz View Post
[/b]
I think the altitude adjustment is worth paying attention to. When I went to Denver my body took a couple of days to adjust, but once it did things were fine. You may not experience anything, but it is worth noting.
A couple of days? I was hospitalized with severe dehydration. Your hardship is petty compared to mine . I wonder what experience the OPs will be closer to.

Old 11-04-2014, 03:42 PM

4,445 posts, read 3,542,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CravingMountains View Post
You move to Denver then and tell me your experiences. Especially with trying to get a low end apartment with these stoners flocking into the city on a daily basis.
I've been here since 1999. Denver isn't perfect but far from what you experience.

Old 11-04-2014, 03:46 PM

4,445 posts, read 3,542,598 times
Quote:
A couple of days? I was hospitalized with severe dehydration. Your hardship is petty compared to mine . I wonder what experience the OPs will be closer to.
Looks like Denver or altitude isn't for you. No problem with that. Denver or any city is not going to be a fit for everybody. But let's not take your experiences and make it a universal truth.

Old 11-04-2014, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IShootNikon View Post
I've been here since 1999. Denver isn't perfect but far from what you experience.
Right. Your experience is going to be much different than mine. Denver was a much different place back then than it is today. Try being entry level in your career and affording that city and trying to find a place to even live today. Its a completely different ball game. My experience is much more relative to the OPs situation.

Old 11-04-2014, 07:13 PM

596 posts, read 678,256 times
Quote:
Right. Your experience is going to be much different than mine. Denver was a much different place back then than it is today. Try being entry level in your career and affording that city and trying to find a place to even live today. Its a completely different ball game. My experience is much more relative to the OPs situation.
You don't know that. If the OP can afford southern California, he can afford Denver.

OP also differs from you in that he is doing research before moving and has a positive attitude.

Old 11-05-2014, 08:24 AM

3,451 posts, read 3,405,848 times
Lots of people crave things that are bad for them.

Old 11-07-2014, 11:52 AM

3,492 posts, read 4,965,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kb8726 View Post
Hey out there! So I'm wanting to move from sunny Southern California. Some may say I'm crazy but I need change and seasons! I'm a young 27 year old gay male. (Not to hung up on the gay scene) but wanting to move to a city that has a lot of life and culture. So I've come up with 3 cities that I'm pretty interested in. Portland: it's a fun city. The only city out of the 3 I've spent time in. Have friends in the area that will help me out when I get there. Denver: hear it's up and coming. Smallest out of the 3 cities but has a good downtown life I hear. Also have a friend that can somewhat help when I'm there. Chicago: don't know anyone and would be a completely different experience. If love some input from people who have had experience in these cities
Denver is dramatically larger than Portland...
Unless you are measuring by some metric that is not population. If you mean population, Denver wins in a landslide. Denver has around 3 million people in the MSA. Portland tried to claim 2.2 million, but if you look at their "MSA", it is over 6000 square miles as they try to claim people that have absolutely nothing to do with the city.

Portland is the smallest of the cities by a huge margin. You might want to look more into your quality of research...

Chicago is also the largest by a huge margin with over 8 million people.

Old 11-07-2014, 11:54 AM

3,492 posts, read 4,965,861 times
Quote:
Want to have a hardship off? I can give you tails from the midwest that should give you a run for your money. Tried searching for a job there. Hiring managers wanted me to crawl in a ditch and die, just make sure my *** is down far enough when I croak that it doesn't impede their view of the corn fields.

A couple years removed from awful Iowa and I'm a financial analyst pulling in good money. We can have a hardship off if you want, and it will be epic
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or