Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2014, 09:52 PM

7,777 posts, read 10,158,094 times

Advertisements

No I never did, but if I had the chance to do it all again I absolutely would. I've had a great life, but I missed out on a lot of things and perhaps my biggest regret was always being too cautious, planned, and secure when it came to big life decisions. It's a bit too late for me now, but there's no doubt in my mind I would've gone for a risky move if I could do it again. Probably moved to another continent for a bit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2014, 04:25 AM

2,004 posts, read 3,415,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travelnexplore View Post
I agree with you, you can't trust everyone and its more dangerous. And I guess being a women traveling alone won't help..And while I would like to say I want to uproot to travel and experience it all, in reality I need a change in scenery and to get away from my ex.
I didn't realize that you were female until I read this post. Others might think that I'm being too cautious but if I were you I would fly or if in a car I would try to have a travel companion. It would be a lot safer. We would all like to hear about positive experiences as you travel. By nature I am a worrier, so please keep us informed. Good luck.

Old 11-14-2014, 07:17 AM

9 posts, read 8,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slingshot View Post
I didn't realize that you were female until I read this post. Others might think that I'm being too cautious but if I were you I would fly or if in a car I would try to have a travel companion. It would be a lot safer. We would all like to hear about positive experiences as you travel. By nature I am a worrier, so please keep us informed. Good luck.
Thank you Slingshot for your kind words and advice

Old 11-15-2014, 02:07 PM

268 posts, read 430,562 times
Oh please, the world is not more dangerous. Violent crime rates have never been lower. I've traveled and moved solo as a female all around the world, just took a solo trip to Costa Rica in April. From 2005 and on I moved to Hawaii, Portland, Ore. where I made some arrangements before but pretty much found jobs on arrival. I moved to Idaho and Montana and now AZ for work.

If you want to go, go. You can't let fear rule your life. Listen to your heart.

Be street smart and you'll be totally fine. Just have a plan and hustle to get a job. Take what you can get and go from there. Living in different cities and traveling is the spice of life, IMHO.

And driving is half the fun not to mention completely safe. I think I'm offended that in this day and age someone would suggest to a female to avoid traveling alone. I understand it's from a place of compassion, but there is truly nothing to worry about.

Old 11-23-2014, 01:59 AM

19 posts, read 21,303 times
I moved to Australia

Did you have a job waiting for you? No
Did you know anyone? Nope
Did you go by yourself or with a partner? Went alone
Why did you decide to move there? Everyone does Europe. I wanted to live outside of the states for a bit and explore. Australia always called to me and decided to get a year visa and just go.
What city did you move to? Sydney Australia
Would you do it again? In a heartbeat. Infact I'm looking to move again. Narrowing down the city I want.
And if it isn't too personal, how much did you save up to move? I had a lot of money at the time :/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.