U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2014, 03:29 PM

1,068 posts, read 737,526 times

Advertisements

Sorry, Jews are after the Civil War, and are modern America, not cowboys! , or original America. Its as fake as the Kardashians. True Americans are pre-1860, and British Isles , Irish descent. Also,(Dutch-German)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2014, 03:38 PM

1,689 posts, read 2,227,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by England Dan View Post
Sorry, Jews are after the Civil War, and are modern America, not cowboys! , or original America. Its as fake as the Kardashians. True Americans are pre-1860, and British Isles , Irish descent. Also,(Dutch-German)
Cowboys are from Texas (an old Spanish colony that has absolutely nothing to do with the UK)

you must be seriously deluded if you think only english descendants are real Americans, about 13% of America is English descent, the rest are of other origins.

Old 11-19-2014, 05:36 PM

2,343 posts, read 2,754,769 times
Quote:
I've been avoiding this thread because this can be a very complex and volatile subject, but even though I personally am not Jewish, I come from a Jewish background (Polish Jew), and that branch of my family dates back in America to the 1850's. In Texas, of all places.

Saying that "true Americans" have to be able to trace back their American ancestry to before the civil war is one of the more ignorant things I have read in these forums. America was, and still is a nation of immigrants and refugees. If you were born here, you are just as much a "true American" as anyone whose ancestors arrived here on the Mayflower.

And conversely, anyone whose ancestors arrived here on the Mayflower are no more American than anyone with Native-American (ie. American Indian) blood coursing through their veins.

Your post smacks of racism.

Old 11-19-2014, 08:20 PM

5,302 posts, read 8,103,902 times
Quote:
Your post sounds racist. And if anyone is a "true American", it's us Natives.

Old 11-19-2014, 08:22 PM

4,925 posts, read 4,921,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Must bea slow day in City Data land. Dumb questions and irrational premises are rampant.
This is City Data, where people ask some of the dumbest questions I have ever heard.. I am not surprised by anything I see on these boards anymore.

Old 11-19-2014, 08:53 PM

2,253 posts, read 2,754,501 times
Does C-D actually have a policy against racist posts?

Old 11-19-2014, 10:23 PM

3,512 posts, read 2,976,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by King of Kensington View Post
Not that I'm aware of. Head over to the Politics forum and you will see anything fly...

Speaking of which, not sure this really belongs in General US, but oh well. To repeat my answer, yes, they're very well integrated, with the caveat that some traditional Jews still self-segregate.

Old 11-19-2014, 10:24 PM

12,698 posts, read 10,522,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by King of Kensington View Post
If it does, ones from the last page about whites should be removed as well...

Remember, we "all" destroy other cultures, if we're white?

Old 11-20-2014, 06:10 AM

7,442 posts, read 9,888,782 times
While most American Jews are descended from late 19th/early 20rh century immigrants, there were already almost 100,000 during the civil war area, whom were divided almost equally between the Union and Confederacy.

Jews even played an important role during the Revolutionary era.

Old 11-20-2014, 09:08 AM

12,439 posts, read 11,941,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElijahAstin View Post
Jews even played an important role during the Revolutionary era.
Indeed. There were important Sephardic communities in Rhode Island and Charleston during colonial times. Ashkenazim didn't migrate much to the U.S. until much later however.

It should be noted that a Jewish man was a U.S. Senator in the 19th century, and later served as the CSA's Attorney General, Secretary of War, and Secretary of State.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or