U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2014, 11:17 AM

1,689 posts, read 2,224,984 times

Advertisements

the ironic thing is that Mexican immigration to the US is negative, there were more mexicans in America 7 years ago than today!!!! and as mexico develops and its birth rate continues to drop less and less and less mexicans will go to America.

I also find it disturbing that some think mexicans are a new thing in America, my grandpa was born in upstate new york, he was born in 1901 and americans at the time would dwell on how italian immigrants were going to take over because italians were just going over to the US non-stop, each day loads and loads of italians arriving by boat to NYC, some parts of the city were ridden with them!!!

funny enough he used to tell us stories about mexicans in NYC back in the 30's and how they would get mistaken with red american indians.

Last edited by Irene-cd; 11-24-2014 at 11:41 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2014, 03:28 PM

42 posts, read 41,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretzelogik View Post
Sooner rather than later if the Tyrant has his way.
lol'd

Old 11-26-2014, 04:28 PM

462 posts, read 582,754 times
I doubt it. Mexico is only a little over 1/3 as populous as the United States. Africa is going to make Mexico look like a village in a few decades if some pandemic doesn't break out. You know they won't all stay on the continent, as big as it is. At least there is arable land in Africa. In the Middle East, I think they have used up pretty much whatever little area there is on which to live. Islamic countries don't mess around with birthrate. Still, the base population is pretty small. Much of the 1.5 million Islamic population is in India and SE Asia.

Good news is that western countries are not going to be attractive as China becomes a superpower. Nativists can rest easy at that point. At that point, most of the new people will be from within, as EQ goes down and birthrates go up, thanks to good healthcare and poor public schools and city management. I don't even want to think what a 1 billion large consumerist United States will look like. Calcutta may look attractive at that point. I fear it may look like Mike Judge's 2006 gem Idiocracy.

Last edited by Hamtonfordbury; 11-26-2014 at 04:44 PM..

Old 11-27-2014, 06:34 PM
Status: "Nobody's right if everybody's wrong" (set 26 days ago)

9,832 posts, read 21,142,259 times
I suspect every group will see its birth rates fall. It's happened first with Whites and Asians (most affluent groups) but as other groups continue seeing their status improve they will have fewer and fewer children. Same thing on a global scale, Europe is the first to experience native population decline but nearly all countries have rapidly falling fertility rates

Old 11-28-2014, 11:18 AM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,988 posts, read 41,967,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
Outside of the Southwest, there are few areas where Mexicans really dominate. There aren't really that many Mexicans in the U.S.

And outside of NYC area and South Florida, there aren't that many non-Mexican Latinos. The media exaggerates to get all the nutjob right wingers in a frenzy about a "takeover".
Massachusetts is 11% hispanic, most of whom aren't Mexican. Ditto with Connecticut and Rhode Island. Of course, they're not really dominating the population except in certain areas.

Old 11-28-2014, 01:43 PM

9,701 posts, read 7,252,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamtonfordbury View Post
Good news is that western countries are not going to be attractive as China becomes a superpower.
Wait what? No one wants to immigrate to China. Even Chinese don't want to live in China.

Anyone with money in China is looking to get out. That's why so many Chinese are buying in Hong Kong, Singapore, Australia, U.S., Canada, etc.

Old 11-28-2014, 01:45 PM

9,701 posts, read 7,252,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post
Massachusetts is 11% hispanic, most of whom aren't Mexican. Ditto with Connecticut and Rhode Island. Of course, they're not really dominating the population except in certain areas.
True, more accurately I should have said "Northeast Corridor" instead of NYC area.

NYC area has the bulk of the Northeastern Hispanic population, but it's true that the entire Northeast Corridor, from Boston to DC, tends to have a high proportion of non-Mexican Hispanics.

Old 02-12-2015, 10:50 PM

11 posts, read 60,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecarebear View Post
Yesterday, a man in Pittsburgh was killed by a flying tire from a truck. The driver of the truck, Eric Gonzales-Huerta, is an illegal immigrant from Mexico with no insurance and no drivers license.

Thanks, Obama. We can shut down the borders completely as far as I care any more.

So he was killed by the tire right ?

Im sure if the illegal immigrant had insurance or a drivers license it would change the outcome of the flying tire .

Old 02-12-2015, 11:48 PM

5,293 posts, read 3,510,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecarebear View Post
Thanks, do-nothing Congress. We can shut down the borders completely as far as I care any more.
Fixed that for you.

Old 02-13-2015, 09:03 AM

97 posts, read 70,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
Non Hispanic whites still make up 70 percent of the US population and immigration out of Mexico has halted as that countries economy has improved.

Ummm, no. My husband is Mexican and when he sends money home every US dollar equals nearly 15 pesos.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or