Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2014, 01:08 AM

10,275 posts, read 10,340,269 times

Advertisements

Obviously no. Asians have much faster growth rates than Latinos.

And Mexicans have the same birth rate as the U.S., and there are only 100 million of them, half who would never consider coming to the U.S. So even if 100% of Mexicans who wanted to come here did, it wouldn't make a huge difference.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2014, 01:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelNick View Post
The white population is also much older than the hispanic population with a much lower birth rate.
Not true. Many Latin American countries have lower birth rates than the U.S.

Latin America, as a whole, does not have higher birth rates than the U.S., except for a few small, poor countries.

Old 11-22-2014, 05:08 AM

3,298 posts, read 3,891,781 times
Yesterday, a man in Pittsburgh was killed by a flying tire from a truck. The driver of the truck, Eric Gonzales-Huerta, is an illegal immigrant from Mexico with no insurance and no drivers license.

Thanks, Obama. We can shut down the borders completely as far as I care any more.

Old 11-22-2014, 07:07 AM

1,675 posts, read 2,839,875 times
No

1. Mexico's immigration to the US is negative (meaning there are more mexicans leaving america than coming in) and Mexico is developing so less and less mexicans are wanting to venture into the US.

2. Latinos born in the US can mostly speak english, most struggle or speak no spanish... in fact they have researched and found that spanish language is starting to decline in areas like miami and LA as less and less latinos speak it.

3. Latino birth rate is quite low, according to the US is 2.3% and plummeting as we speak

4. The fastest growing ethnicity in America is indians and Asians..... not latinos.

5. There is very little immigration from latin america to the US with the exception of mexico and tiny central American countries with not a lot of population like honduras and el salvador (both have less population than florida), the rest of latin america hardly sends immigrants to the US (south american countries for example are not even among the top immigrant countries to America)

Old 11-22-2014, 07:10 AM

1,675 posts, read 2,839,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RudyOD View Post
Not going to happen. As it is, Asians are already outpacing Mexicans and all Latino groups. The only growth in terms of immigrants i see is from Central America...especially if those governments continue as is. Also, immigration from Africa is on the rise...both in the US and Canada.
The only central American countries that send immigrants to the US in large numbers is Honduras and El salvador (both have a combined population of 14 million people), there is more people in the Los angeles county than in those two countries combined!!! you could even put every single one of them in the US and their total population wouldn't even be 5% of America's population.

Old 11-22-2014, 11:15 AM

3,282 posts, read 3,793,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irene-cd View Post
No

1. Mexico's immigration to the US is negative (meaning there are more mexicans leaving america than coming in) and Mexico is developing so less and less mexicans are wanting to venture into the US.

2. Latinos born in the US can mostly speak english, most struggle or speak no spanish... in fact they have researched and found that spanish language is starting to decline in areas like miami and LA as less and less latinos speak it.

3. Latino birth rate is quite low, according to the US is 2.3% and plummeting as we speak

4. The fastest growing ethnicity in America is indians and Asians..... not latinos.

5. There is very little immigration from latin america to the US with the exception of mexico and tiny central American countries with not a lot of population like honduras and el salvador (both have less population than florida), the rest of latin america hardly sends immigrants to the US (south american countries for example are not even among the top immigrant countries to America)
This is all very true.

Old 11-23-2014, 09:10 PM

103 posts, read 124,604 times
Even though CA is over-run with a lot of Asians and Latinos, it's just CA. Everywhere else, it's mostly white people.

Besides, I think a lot of white people are extremely angry and racist right now because they are paranoid and afraid the country will be taken over by minorities and the mentality on dating has become extremely difficult and race conscious. When I was a teenager and even up to my mid 20s, there was never any talk about race when dating comes into it. Now, that's the first thing people bemoan when they're dating, "I want white women only." "White men only." I see that a lot in people's dating profiles.

I was born and raised in Los Angeles. Even my parents come from different cultures from each other (which is why I'm mixed) and they got together in the late 1970s and my father said there was NEVER any weird talks about race. All that was encouraged was to find someone good and decent to start a family with and grow old together. Just recently, my mother who's of European origin said she feels bad for me because she was afraid I'd encounter a lot of racism and discrimination for moving to AZ to be near her. She even warned me that it is very white and racist state. She cannot do anything about it and we're out in public or go to social gatherings, people will be nice to her but ignore me and she'll have to say, "This is my daughter. She moved from Los Angeles to be near me." but if she didn't say that, people would assume I'm her helper or something. I don't look like my mother, I look more like my father's side (I'm a replica of one of my dad's youngest sisters) and people often get very confused as how I could be my mother's daughter based on looks. I find that to be EXTREMELY rude but that's a glimpse of how much ignorance there is because white people are afraid of minorities "taking over."

Old 11-23-2014, 09:36 PM

Outside of the Southwest, there are few areas where Mexicans really dominate. There aren't really that many Mexicans in the U.S.

And outside of NYC area and South Florida, there aren't that many non-Mexican Latinos. The media exaggerates to get all the nutjob right wingers in a frenzy about a "takeover".

Old 11-23-2014, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecarebear View Post
Yesterday, a man in Pittsburgh was killed by a flying tire from a truck. The driver of the truck, Eric Gonzales-Huerta, is an illegal immigrant from Mexico with no insurance and no drivers license.

Thanks, Obama. We can shut down the borders completely as far as I care any more.
And this is braindead logic. "An immigrant may have committed a traffic violation, therefore there should be no immigration".

Old 11-23-2014, 09:47 PM

2,341 posts, read 3,597,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellokittykatt View Post
Even though CA is over-run with a lot of Asians and Latinos, it's just CA. Everywhere else, it's mostly white people.

Besides, I think a lot of white people are extremely angry and racist right now because they are paranoid and afraid the country will be taken over by minorities and the mentality on dating has become extremely difficult and race conscious. When I was a teenager and even up to my mid 20s, there was never any talk about race when dating comes into it. Now, that's the first thing people bemoan when they're dating, "I want white women only." "White men only." I see that a lot in people's dating profiles.

I was born and raised in Los Angeles. Even my parents come from different cultures from each other (which is why I'm mixed) and they got together in the late 1970s and my father said there was NEVER any weird talks about race. All that was encouraged was to find someone good and decent to start a family with and grow old together. Just recently, my mother who's of European origin said she feels bad for me because she was afraid I'd encounter a lot of racism and discrimination for moving to AZ to be near her. She even warned me that it is very white and racist state. She cannot do anything about it and we're out in public or go to social gatherings, people will be nice to her but ignore me and she'll have to say, "This is my daughter. She moved from Los Angeles to be near me." but if she didn't say that, people would assume I'm her helper or something. I don't look like my mother, I look more like my father's side (I'm a replica of one of my dad's youngest sisters) and people often get very confused as how I could be my mother's daughter based on looks. I find that to be EXTREMELY rude but that's a glimpse of how much ignorance there is because white people are afraid of minorities "taking over."
I find it very sad and disturbing that we have regressed so much in this nation over the issue of race. I'm 50 years old, and I do remember a time when people generally seemed much less hung up on race, and there wasn't all this racially motivated paranoia about America becoming some "white minority" nation. Sure, there was plenty of racism back then, but it just seemed to be less prevalent and not the subject of every day conversation.

IMO, the whole "PC" thing really hasn't helped matters. If anything, it just breeds more fear, tension, and ignorance... and makes people more passive-aggressive with their racism and bigotry. Those who are TRULY not racist don't need to mind their p's and q's. I grew up in a very mixed-race environment, where no one ethnicity or skin-color was dominant, and you could speak openly without having to carefully and painstakingly choose your words. It was just kind of generally understood (in my circle of friends and family) back then that if you're actually a bigot, it's going to come out in context, no matter how you choose your words, and people around you would be able to tell the difference. And conversely, it was ok to joke around as long as there wasn't anything malicious behind it.

We really have been moving backwards in this area in this country, it seems.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.