Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-29-2014, 11:16 PM

10,189 posts, read 7,908,927 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
Do you understand the concepts of averages and medians? Is this some performance art to illustrate the relative quality of South Carolina public schools?

Ah, yes, as you wrote, ignorance is bliss...

Obviously no one implied that every single municipality in the South was "cheap". The point is that, on average, the South is poorer and cheaper than other parts of the country. There are neighborhoods in Mexico that make Charleston look dirt-cheap, doesn't mean that Mexico is richer than the South.

Oh! Thank you for the lesson. Like I don't know this. Some of the replies about the South are downright stupid.

Old 11-29-2014, 11:16 PM

9,818 posts, read 7,820,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deluusions View Post
I live in the DC area and lived in DC. I could buy three homes in Charleston. Come up north and learn what high COL means. Not saying low COL is a bad thing..... It's obviously a pro and not a con. Although, it's funny how you say ignorance is bliss then you assume I can't afford to live in Charleston out of all places... Hysterical.
The average resident of far-suburban Loudon County could hardly afford one Downtown Charleston loft, let alone three homes there. Beyond hysterical!

What you don't know about the South could produce a multi-year PBS miniseries.

Old 11-29-2014, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobloblawslawblog View Post
Yet you live in the South. Way to do your part. Bravo.

Amen.

Old 11-29-2014, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMatl View Post
The average resident of far-suburban Loudon County could hardly afford one Downtown Charleston loft, let alone three homes there. Beyond hysterical!

You said it.

Old 11-29-2014, 11:26 PM

1,833 posts, read 2,334,487 times
Quote:

First of all I said DC also and did I say loundon county? No. I live in fairfax county specifically McLean were the COL is higher. Also you're comparing a suburb to a city. Weak comparison.

Look how you also said far suburban as well.....

Old 11-30-2014, 12:02 AM

Quote:
First of all I said DC also and did I say loundon county? No. I live in fairfax county specifically McLean were the COL is higher. Also you're comparing a suburb to a city. Weak comparison.

Look how you also said far suburban as well.....
Interesting, as the other day you stated you live in Loudon County lol!

I don't care if your are a Cheney heiress from McLean.

If you aren't totally loaded, you can't even afford to shop in Downtown Charleston, let alone buy three properties there!

As long as you insist on continuing these ignorant claims and all-knowing ridiculous proclamations regarding the South, expect them to be challenged.

Old 11-30-2014, 12:21 AM

Quote:
Interesting, as the other day you stated you live in Loudon County lol!

I don't care if your are a Cheney heiress from McLean.

If you aren't totally loaded, you can't even afford to shop in Downtown Charleston, let alone buy three properties there!

As long as you insist on continuing these ignorant claims and all-knowing ridiculous proclamations regarding the South, expect them to be challenged.
Ok..... Now you're just being very pathetic. Coming up with lies about what I post just screams desperation. I've never once said I reside in Loudoun County......

http://www.city-data.com/forum/searc...rchid=14547950

...... Awkward. Are we talking about charleston or downtown charleston. The last time I checked we're talking about the city not one portion right? Oh right.

Decided to do my research because I don't want to make ignorant claims

http://m.charlestoncvb.com/listings/...ml?category=33
Here's the directory for downtown Charleston. These are all stores a working middle class average american can shop at..... Exaggerating much there? Georgetown in DC is way more high end than this and Georgetown isn't even high end

Old 11-30-2014, 12:26 AM

Quote:
Ok..... Now you're just being very pathetic. Coming up with lies about what I post just screams desperation. I've never once said I reside in Loudoun County......

http://www.city-data.com/forum/searc...rchid=14547950

...... Awkward. Are we talking about charleston or downtown charleston. The last time I checked we're talking about the city not one portion right? Oh right.
LOL! Go ahead and scream all you want, I know what I saw. You post so much contradictory stuff it's a wonder you can keep up with any of it.

And YOU are the one that made the bold claim that because 'you live in McLean' you could afford three properties in Charleston. What part of town were you talking about? You tell us...

Old 11-30-2014, 12:36 AM

Quote:
LOL! Go ahead and scream all you want, I know what I saw. You post so much contradictory stuff it's a wonder you can keep up with any of it.

And YOU are the one that made the bold claim that because 'you live in McLean' you could afford three properties in Charleston. What part of town were you talking about? You tell us...
I posted a link to all my post and the proof is right there but yor head is so far up your a** that you will keep spilling lies out of your mouth. I've never said I lived in Loudoun, either you're illiterate I'm guess thats it or you're having a seeing problem it's funny how I proved you wrong making claims telling me where I live yet you're so desperate that you will keep on believing it. It's not like you can delete your post (well I think), haven't been on this site for long.

Yes me saying a I can buy three homes was ignorant I'll admit but the COL is way cheaper. It's like comparing a historical part of DC to downtown Charleston. For example, Georgetown. Which one is more expensive?

Last edited by Deluusions; 11-30-2014 at 01:03 AM..

Old 11-30-2014, 01:09 AM

1,579 posts, read 2,327,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobloblawslawblog View Post
Yet you live in the South. Way to do your part. Bravo.
Ah, an ad hominem attack. A sure sign that you have no substance to offer.

I've been living in the South for the past 2 years or so, btw and it has given me some perspective. Looking forward to getting out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.