Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2015, 10:59 AM

1,239 posts, read 2,000,219 times

Advertisements

Find a place where the KKK is big...that should work for you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2015, 04:45 PM

21,428 posts, read 12,414,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jza1993 View Post
By Anglo I meant english speaking. I do not require to live in an area that is mostly "WASP" as they say. It would be totally fine to live somewhere with "ethnic" white people like the Irish or the Italians or Eastern Europeans etc. as long as it's somewhere that I visually will fit in and look like the majority of the population.

I find it hard to believe that all large American cities are atheistic and majority Hispanic/Asian/Black. Isn't this a majority white country and the most religious western nation? Where do all of those people who contribute to that statistic live?
NOT THE CITY. Whites who move to the city at the moment are very liberal and diverse and young. Most important cities in america have violent crime that until recently was like cape town. They generally as 25-50 percent white, maybe 35-40% on average. You have to remember america is in the AMERICAS which is mostly non white.

Old 01-17-2015, 11:32 PM

273 posts, read 347,874 times
Scottsdale and Gilbert, Arizona would definitely be good candidates. Both cities have populations well over 200,000 and are about 85% non-Hispanic white. The cities though are quite different; Gilbert is a family town with a lot of Mormons and evangelical Christians while Scottsdale is socially liberal and fiscally conservative with a lot of people who like to flash their wealth and engage in hedonistic activities.

Old 01-18-2015, 12:34 AM

23 posts, read 39,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rizzo0904 View Post
This is a perfect example of racism. The OP has perfectly legitimate reasons for his preference, which are really none of your business anyway.

To the OP: Most areas in N. America are out. I recommend Iceland, Ireland, Poland, there are other Scandinavian and E. European countries as well.

If you insist upon N. America, there's been some good suggestions already. Stick to rural areas, particularly in the Upper Midwest and inter mountain West. But it's only a matter of time before they get devoured by multiculturalism as well.

Old 01-18-2015, 08:02 PM

46 posts, read 61,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jza1993 View Post
Is Portland the type of place that still has values? Like here where I am now (Queens, NY - it was the only place in America where I knew someone) I was at a shopping mall in a mostly Jewish and Italian ethnicity suburb and I saw two men (presumably a couple) holding hands and they kissed etc. I don't particularly have any animosity to homosexuals but public displays of affection between anyone is something I frown upon in a place where there are lots of families with children. I could expect that in Manhattan or Hollywood but in shopping centre in a family oriented suburb I was expecting someone to tell them to tone down that kind of behavior in front of children. In my eyes that was a pretty clear measure of the moral compass (or lack thereof) of this community. Is something like I just describe setting that would happen in Portland?
I'm thinking maybe one of those cowboy states would suit this poster, the one that's heavy on survivalists.....? Not sure. I'm a Portland, Maine native and think, for the politics, you'd need to go to Bangor.

Old 01-23-2015, 07:08 PM

28 posts, read 29,429 times
Im assuming it's been said before but Utah sounds like it matches quite a bit of your criteria.

Old 01-23-2015, 07:25 PM

14,848 posts, read 21,386,264 times
Minneapolis, Salt Lake City and Boston

Cities that are very white, not so hippie feeling and they are of course some of the safest in the country.
Plenty of areas around the Minneapolis area are very typical American feeling.... American flags everywhere, pickup trucks, country music, county fairs, etc... the metro area IS NOT a bunch of skinny hipsters on bicycles, living off student loans...

Old 01-23-2015, 07:26 PM

4,918 posts, read 6,423,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rizzo0904 View Post
Don't be hating on Kentucky man, get a life lol

Old 01-23-2015, 07:28 PM

14,848 posts, read 21,386,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UKWildcat1981 View Post
Don't be hating on Kentucky man, get a life lol
I would rule southern states out, too many black people.

Old 01-23-2015, 07:30 PM

4,918 posts, read 6,423,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
I would rule southern states out, too many black people.
That was true lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.