U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-14-2015, 01:22 PM

19 posts, read 14,447 times

Advertisements

Why would you move to the US if you didn't want diversity?
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2015, 01:25 PM

622 posts, read 418,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jza1993 View Post
Are these kind of places common for residents to socialize in? It is actually very upsetting to me that I moved to the United States because I thought that it was the last 1st world nation with values and morality and although it is probably more moral than Holland (I saw a show on Televisjon about Amsterdam that shocked me!) it seems pretty degraded..
Amsterdam is a very tolerant city; I know because I live here. Don't believe everything you see on TV.

As for 'degraded' please explain what you mean by that exactly.

Oh, and I accidentally clicked the Reputation link but didn't mean to. Unfortunately, I can't retract it.

Old 04-14-2015, 01:46 PM

5,688 posts, read 3,657,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AChangeIsGonnaCome... View Post
Why would you move to the US if you didn't want diversity?
Not everyone enjoys diversity.

If you are a conservative white Christian, and want to live among others who share those characteristics, what country would you recommend? The countries of the Middle East may be conservative, but they're not white or Christian. East Asia might be conservative and (to an extent) Christian, but it's not white. Sub-Saharan Africa may be conservative and major parts of it are Christian, but it's not white. Western Europe may be white (though decreasingly so), but it is mostly liberal and its Christian heritage is dying out.

The United States is the only country I can think of that offers decent-sized chucks of its territory to someone who fits all three of the OP's categories. Why wouldn't he want to move here?

Old 04-14-2015, 05:24 PM

19 posts, read 14,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
Not everyone enjoys diversity.

If you are a conservative white Christian, and want to live among others who share those characteristics, what country would you recommend? The countries of the Middle East may be conservative, but they're not white or Christian. East Asia might be conservative and (to an extent) Christian, but it's not white. Sub-Saharan Africa may be conservative and major parts of it are Christian, but it's not white. Western Europe may be white (though decreasingly so), but it is mostly liberal and its Christian heritage is dying out.

The United States is the only country I can think of that offers decent-sized chucks of its territory to someone who fits all three of the OP's categories. Why wouldn't he want to move here?
But his categories also include "major city".

What about east europe?

Old 04-14-2015, 07:46 PM

12,201 posts, read 10,429,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xircal View Post
Amsterdam is a very tolerant city; I know because I live here. Don't believe everything you see on TV.

As for 'degraded' please explain what you mean by that exactly.

Oh, and I accidentally clicked the Reputation link but didn't mean to. Unfortunately, I can't retract it.
Amsterdam is the most tolerant place I've ever been (including the self-absorbed tolerant SF Bay Area), although I've been reading the recent immigrants do not always share that tolerance (mainly from Muslim countries).

Old 04-15-2015, 12:56 PM

13,223 posts, read 17,975,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
Amsterdam is the most tolerant place I've ever been (including the self-absorbed tolerant SF Bay Area), although I've been reading the recent immigrants do not always share that tolerance (mainly from Muslim countries).
Don't you hate it when a large number of people move someplace else and refuse to assimilate in any way? Methinks those people ought to go back from whence they came.

Then again, doing that would make their goal of a global caliphate impossible, no?

Old 04-23-2015, 04:13 PM

103 posts, read 221,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
I guess you haven't kept up with the news, but white people are not welcome in Zimbabwe. Their land has been forcibly confiscated, their possessions have been destroyed, and they are being forced to flee the country on pain of death. And guess who has been doing this? Yep, black people. Now, you and I know that it's not fair and not right to blame American blacks for what their African "brothers" are doing. But it's easy for us to cast stones, when we're not the ones being run out of our homelands. I will bet you that if the majority race of wherever you live was doing the same thing to you -- and doing it simply because of your race -- you wouldn't want to be around those people either.

There is room in America for all kinds of people, and that includes conservative Christians who prefer living in a white, Anglo-Saxon culture. I think the OP would be well served by focusing on the SUBURBS of the major cities of the South and Midwest. The column of states that extends from North Dakota down south to Texas would be good places to try out. Another, possibly surprising, choice would be the area around Grand Rapids, MI.

Oh, and OP, please don't count out evangelical Christians, just because you're not used to them. You will find that, by and large, they share your culture and your conservative religious beliefs more than just about anyone else.

EDIT to add that I'm disappointed in so many posters on this thread who are chastising the OP for being intolerant of lifestyles of which he does not approve, while these very same posters are themselves being intolerant of the OP for holding the views that he does.
Its sooooooo much with this post that had me LAUGHING. I do think it is sad that people are being drove out of their homes. My heart goes out to them, BUT lets not forget about the not too distant past in america. BLACKS getting hung, beaten and ran out of town. So the reference you are making is doesn't hold much weight. Sorry try again. We can also look at current history in america as well.

Old 04-23-2015, 04:39 PM

1,099 posts, read 1,126,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by careerbound View Post
Its sooooooo much with this post that had me LAUGHING. I do think it is sad that people are being drove out of their homes. My heart goes out to them, BUT lets not forget about the not too distant past in america. BLACKS getting hung, beaten and ran out of town. So the reference you are making is doesn't hold much weight. Sorry try again. We can also look at current history in america as well.
You should watch a documentary. Mugabe and the White African. I think it's on Netflix.

Old 04-23-2015, 04:42 PM

4,925 posts, read 4,922,501 times
Who the hell cares what city has the most white people, I say this as a white guy what difference does it make.

Old 04-23-2015, 09:18 PM

103 posts, read 221,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyroninja42 View Post
You should watch a documentary. Mugabe and the White African. I think it's on Netflix.
I will look into that just watched the trailer. Again I think that it is sad that anybody is discriminated against, and true he can feel any way he wants about black people, hispanic people asians, people who like the same sex ect. What im getting at is the comment made was that, that I thought was funny, was this "I will bet you that if the majority race of wherever you live was doing the same thing to you -- and doing it simply because of your race -- you wouldn't want to be around those people either." It happens in America. Not as bad as in the past, but still happens. I honestly no matter what color you are have no tolerance for racism. White, black or what ever color you are. I hope the person who made the finds where they want to be seriously, but you can't come to America of all places, where many of us were born and get mad that it's not the way you want it to be. America is a melting pot and any big cities even Seattle and Portland have people of all races and nationalities. Thats the beauty of this country. Again thats just my opinion. I have always been told if you don't like the heat get out the kitchen. I say the same here. If you moved to America and your not happy with people diversity, then like others have mentions either find a suburb outside the city or find somewhere else that may fit your needs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.