U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2014, 07:38 PM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, originally from SF Bay Area
29,772 posts, read 54,408,375 times

Advertisements

Portland is known to have the most strip clubs per capita of any big city in the country.

Does Portland really have the highest number of strip clubs per capita?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2014, 07:43 PM

5,951 posts, read 7,319,432 times
Pittsburgh would be worth a look. The city is 2/3rd white and many of the suburbs are 85-90%+ white. The city is rather left leaning but the suburbs are rather moderate/conservative. I'm going to guess your age is 21 from your username too since you didn't say it? The city has some good neighborhoods to be in if you're of that age.

Old 12-01-2014, 07:51 PM

43 posts, read 63,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemlock140 View Post
Portland is known to have the most strip clubs per capita of any big city in the country.

Does Portland really have the highest number of strip clubs per capita?
Are these kind of places common for residents to socialize in? It is actually very upsetting to me that I moved to the United States because I thought that it was the last 1st world nation with values and morality and although it is probably more moral than Holland (I saw a show on Televisjon about Amsterdam that shocked me!) it seems pretty degraded..

Old 12-01-2014, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradjl2009 View Post
Pittsburgh would be worth a look. The city is 2/3rd white and many of the suburbs are 85-90%+ white. The city is rather left leaning but the suburbs are rather moderate/conservative. I'm going to guess your age is 21 from your username too since you didn't say it? The city has some good neighborhoods to be in if you're of that age.
Well, I am not the average 21 year old since I grew up in a very conservative environment in a white community in Africa. I don't understand and I'm kind of shocked by the way people my age act in this country and I find used having more in common with American 60 year olds. And I think I would rather live in a close in family suburb. I don't really go to nightclubs or anything but it would be very nice if there were neighborhood pubs and such.

Is it Pittsburgh safe? By leftist, what do you mean exactly?

Old 12-01-2014, 08:14 PM

13,236 posts, read 24,416,312 times
OP, after talking to you here and in the WA thread, I am having less hope for you in finding this place you seek.

Seriously, if you were offended by a couple of gay people showing affection, you moved to the wrong country. Only the most backwoods places would bat an eyebrow at that nowadays.

TBH, since you moved here, you should try to fit in the country, not try and make it fit you. Remember, we're the place that takes anybody and everybody.

Old 12-01-2014, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Aguilar View Post
OP, after talking to you here and in the WA thread, I am having less hope for you in finding this place you seek.

Seriously, if you were offended by a couple of gay people showing affection, you moved to the wrong country. Only the most backwoods places would bat an eyebrow at that nowadays.

TBH, since you moved here, you should try to fit in the country, not try and make it fit you. Remember, we're the place that takes anybody and everybody.
Thank you, I am really trying to fit in and I would not ever impose my views on people in this country, because I did move here you're right. However I am trying to find the place in this country where I would fit in the most so it would be easier for me to integrate and for my community to accept me.

Perhaps I am mistaken, or rather the "internet" is mistaken because as I was looking to immigrate I did research and found that the USA is the most socially conservative and religious of all the western nations.

I wasn't offended by the homosexual fellows, however I was shocked that it was totally casual an accepted. I thought this nation was more traditional in their values..

Old 12-01-2014, 08:42 PM

1,377 posts, read 1,194,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jza1993 View Post
I know Seattle and Portland are the most common answers, but besides those cities (which happen to be very much liberal/hippy cities which is a big turn off IMO) why are the other biggest and whitest cities?
I'm surprised that the Twin Cities (Minneapolis and St. Paul) haven't been mentioned yet. Both cities are over 60% non-Hispanic white. The metro area as a whole is about 80% non-Hispanic white.

Quote:
If you have anything to say about this question that isn't helpful please refrain. I'm looking for a place to live and I am entitled to my preference. If you knew my history you would understand, I am a white African immigrant to the USA (not from South Africa - coming from a hostile country called Zimbabwe). I came here and settled in NY, but for long term it would be nice to find a place where people who look like me and have a similar (Anglo-Saxon) culture are. Also, I'm a bit on the conservative side socially for someone my age being a Christian and more traditional in my views , I prefer larger cities because of jobs and amenities.
If you want to live in a large city, (even in the predominantly white ones), you'll have to tolerate diversity. Now that you're no longer living under a tyrannical African dictatorship, maybe you'll find that you actually enjoy living in a country where people from all backgrounds can interact with each other in peace.

Old 12-01-2014, 08:42 PM

3,749 posts, read 2,561,414 times
Right next door to you in Brooklyn there is a hardcore hascidic conservative Jewish neighborhood that is virtually all white and has the highest birth rate in the country. Basically amish in the city. Perhaps they'll allow you in. I've read about them in several publications. All white, extremely conservative, smack dab in the middle of the city. I'm sure you wouldn't have to worry about too much the heathenistic tolerance of homosexuals there.

Borough Park, Brooklyn - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 12-01-2014, 08:52 PM

4,740 posts, read 8,798,916 times
Much of the South (east Texas, Louisiana, Arkansas, Tennessee, Mississippi, Alabama, northern Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina, and southern Virginia) is considered "the most socially conservative and religious" area of the US, along with the States of Utah and Oklahoma. 'Red States' (aka Republican) will generally feel more conservative. Large cities in the US are generally Democratic-run (aka liberal).

Note that 'liberal' in the US does not mean small government and personal freedom - that ideology is termed 'classical liberal' or conservative. Liberal in the US means leftist or Marxist (an ideology with which I'm sure you're familiar).

Old 12-01-2014, 09:08 PM

13,236 posts, read 24,416,312 times
Quote:
Thank you, I am really trying to fit in and I would not ever impose my views on people in this country, because I did move here you're right. However I am trying to find the place in this country where I would fit in the most so it would be easier for me to integrate and for my community to accept me.

Perhaps I am mistaken, or rather the "internet" is mistaken because as I was looking to immigrate I did research and found that the USA is the most socially conservative and religious of all the western nations.

I wasn't offended by the homosexual fellows, however I was shocked that it was totally casual an accepted. I thought this nation was more traditional in their values..
It depends on where you are. Maybe try the Bible Belt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.