Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2014, 07:47 PM

93,192 posts, read 123,783,345 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKWildcat1981 View Post
I seriously doubt that
Look above.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2014, 07:52 PM

This one may surprise many people: Bayou La Batre, AL Population and Races - USA.comâ„¢
Bayou La Batre, AL - USA.comâ„¢

Here's a list from that state: Alabama Asian Population Percentage City Rank Based on US Census 2010 data

Old 12-05-2014, 08:02 PM

2,330 posts, read 3,808,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Warroad,Minnesota, which has a large Laotian population. Warroad, Minnesota - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

BTW, Warroad is near the US/Canadian border and a very small town.
Warroad is also notable in that it has produced several winter Olympic gold medalists which is rare for a town its size (almost all of them hockey players). It is probably only a matter of time before it produces the first Lao-American NHL player (unless some other town in Minnesota does it first).

Old 12-05-2014, 08:32 PM

72,971 posts, read 62,554,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewcifer View Post
Warroad is also notable in that it has produced several winter Olympic gold medalists which is rare for a town its size (almost all of them hockey players). It is probably only a matter of time before it produces the first Lao-American NHL player (unless some other town in Minnesota does it first).
I did see there were many winter sports people from that town. Interesting stuff. I've only been to Minnesota once, and that was in the summer. I want to go in the winter, where I can experience the winter(I live in Georgia).

On the other hand, it would be interesting to see a Laotian-American hockey player. Minnesota or Wisconsin might come out with a Hmong-American hockey player.

Old 12-08-2014, 12:39 PM

1,424 posts, read 2,486,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by santafe400 View Post
Honolulu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaii4evr View Post
Hawaii
There is nothing surprising about the state that is geographically closest to Asia, having a strong Asian presence (particularly, East Asian/Japanese). lol. At least not to me...

Old 12-08-2014, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RudyOD View Post
There is nothing surprising about the state that is geographically closest to Asia, having a strong Asian presence (particularly, East Asian/Japanese). lol. At least not to me...
That is correct. Better examples would be Minnesota and Wisconsin, which have the largest Hmong populations outside of California.

Minnesota has the 3rd largest Laotion population in the USA
Georgia has the 8th largest Laotian population in the USA

Old 12-08-2014, 02:36 PM

There is another ethnic group, although small in numbers, I feel is worth noting. There is a small population of Mongolians in the USA.

Outside of California, the states with the largest Mongolian populations are:

Virginia, Colorado, and Illinois.

Mongolian American - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 12-08-2014, 02:43 PM

Killeen,Texas has sizable Korean population. Around 1800-1900 Koreans live there.

Old 12-08-2014, 02:55 PM

Other cities with sizable Asian populations.

Bowling Green,Kentucky, a city of 60,000 residents, there are close to 700 Burmese residents.
Utica,New York has an Asian population around 7.4%, a large portion of the Asian population is Burmese and Thai
Fort Wayne, Indiana has around 8,300 Asians. 6,000 Burmese-Americans live in Ft. Wayne, the highest of any city in the USA.
The state of Colorado has one of the highest concentrations of Tibetans in North America.

Old 12-08-2014, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Brazen_3133 View Post
Are these mostly college towns?
I can't believe I missed this. No, those communities are suburbs of nearby cities. Vestal has the Binghamton University campus, but there is a relatively good sized Asian population outside of the campus. Vestal Central School District Population and Races - USA.comâ„¢

Here are some Upstate NY public schools that I could find with a relatively substantial Asian student population: African Road Elementary School - Public School

Vestal Hills Elementary School - Public School

Christopher Columbus Elementary School - Public School

Kernan Elementary School - Public School

Thomas Jefferson Elementary School - Public School

Senator James H Donovan Middle School - Public School

Floyd S Winslow Elementary School - Public School

David B Crane Elementary School - Public School

Charles H Roth Middle School - Public School

Ethel K Fyle Elementary School - Public School

Tecumseh Elementary School - Public School

Enders Road Elementary School - Public School

I'll add more later.......

Northeast School - Public School

Belle Sherman School - Public School

Beverly J Martin Elementary School - Public School

Cayuga Heights Elementary School - Public School

Ithaca Senior High School - Public School

Frazer K 8 School - Public School

Franklin Elementary School - Public School

Grant Middle School - Public School

Hurlbut W Smith K 8 School - Public School

Lemoyne Elementary School - Public School

Brighton High School - Public School

Council Rock Primary School - Public School

French Road Elementary School - Public School

Florence Brasser School - Public School

Last edited by ckhthankgod; 12-08-2014 at 07:25 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.