Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2008, 02:58 PM

15,402 posts, read 28,948,929 times

Advertisements

DC--the Nats, of course.

Oh yeah, we have this other team called the Redskins. You probably haven't heard of them, though...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2008, 03:00 PM

...and may I add that it was a very good thing the Nats decided to come to DC.

For awhile, they were choosing between DC and a site out in my neck of the woods. Which would have been awkward, since we really don't have a city name to giev to a team. The Northern Virginia Washington Metro Area Nats is just too much of a mouthful.

Old 01-04-2008, 03:03 PM

5,717 posts, read 16,350,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normie View Post
DC--the Nats, of course.

Oh yeah, we have this other team called the Redskins. You probably haven't heard of them, though...
DC is more closely associated with the Skins, Wizards, Caps and United than the lowly Ex-pos (pun intended).

Old 01-04-2008, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by krudmonk View Post
DC is more closely associated with the Skins, Wizards, Caps and United than the lowly Ex-pos (pun intended).
Maybe out there on the west coast. Out here, we love our Nats!

And remember, little gnats can appear insignificant at first... but they have a way of getting under your skin! You can swat at 'em all you like, but it isn't long before everyone is aware of the gnats/Nats...

Old 01-25-2008, 02:40 AM

54 posts, read 186,059 times
Cleveland - The Browns. The only Cleveland team to win a pro championship the past 50 years or so. In an area where football is a religion.

Cincinnati - The Reds. Cincinnati will always be a baseball town.

Indianapolis - The Colts. The RCA Dome. Although they only have 2 pro teams, the Colts represent the true spirit of Indy.

Philadelphia - The Flyers. This is a tough one to pick, as the Phils and Eagles also have good cases, but I feel that the "broad street bullies" well represent many of center city philly's citizens: mean, snotty, and not giving a damn.

San Francisco - The 49ers. The Giants were originally new york's team, so I feel that the niners are SF's own thing.

Kansas City - The Chiefs. Big Football town, with great, loyal fans.

Seattle - tough one to pick, but i'll say the seahawks. Especially after they got better looking uni's.

Tampa Bay - The Buccaneers.

Atlanta - The Braves.

Phoenix - I'd have to say the suns just because the D-backs are fairly new and the Arizona Cardinals just don't have the fan support that you see a lot of other NFL teams have with their cities.

Detroit - Tough to pick, but ill say the red wings.

Houston - The Astros.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.