U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2014, 02:01 PM

13,097 posts, read 13,487,812 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesky View Post
"Missouri is a place for newly married couples to spend their time at. Those who come here to spend their holidays are kidnapped and killed by the criminals."

Oh snap, I'm glad I ran into this article...I was just starting to plan my honeymoon in romantic Missouri.
And you thought only Virginia was for lovers (and masked killers)!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2014, 05:42 PM

3,280 posts, read 3,833,298 times
The first sentence of that article is "Ohio is a big and economically strong city".

Yeah, no, it's crap.

Old 12-15-2014, 06:09 PM

412 posts, read 404,206 times
That's such a weird list. List states and cities?

Old 12-16-2014, 07:33 PM

4,628 posts, read 3,972,200 times
The Highlights...
10. Ohio...It is non-sense, but this non-sense wasn't funny.
9. Los Angeles..."he who gets out of his limits, is arrested in no time." It sounds like the laziest paraphrasing of a bible passage. For this one when the writer saw LA he/she thought Los Angeles instead of Louisiana (LA is the abbreviation of Louisiana)...
8. Michigan..."The street kidnappers, according to a report, have made these individuals their hunts since a long. They are kidnapped and killed for ransom." By report the writer means The Onion.
7. Indiana...It is non-sense, but this non-sense wasn't funny.
6. Missouri..."Missouri is a place for newly married couples to spend their time at.'' Screw Hawaii, Europe, or some other exotic location...we're going to Missouri! ''Those who come here to spend their holidays are kidnapped and killed by the criminals. What a bad impression this city is leaving on the international visitors, but unfortunately this city is under serious threat of crimes.'' This is just what it feels like visiting Missouri, not what actually happens.
5. Washington...It is non-sense, but this non-sense wasn't funny.
4. New York..."Those who are unemployed due to some reasons are committing robbery, rape and killing like crimes." Does killing like crimes mean they are really good at crimes similar to robbery and rape (as in We're killing it), or committing crimes similar to killing, which makes no sense because killing is an absolute?
3. Alabama...It is non-sense, but this non-sense wasn't funny.
2. Maryland..."This innocent student community is being attacked by the terrorists. Sometimes even the smugglers make the students their victims and ask for ransom from the government." So Maryland is as lawless as the seas?
1. California...more non-sense, but this non-sense wasn't funny.

I think the writers sources were The Onion and Uncyclopedia.This article is the print/written version of this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtkX3OyPF4Q

To the writer, I have a very special reward for this mish-mash of non-sense...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uq-v1TTUyhM

Old 12-16-2014, 08:35 PM

10,087 posts, read 13,111,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
Like the OP?

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet." - Abraham Lincoln
My guess is that the OP is the author. Very similar writing "styles".

Old 12-17-2014, 09:05 AM

626 posts, read 575,438 times
LOL that list is *******s, never laughed so hard.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or