U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2014, 11:32 PM

15,529 posts, read 17,760,841 times

Advertisements

Surprisingly the whole world does not revolve around California, hard to believe as that may be.

Other states have their own history, culture, and identity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2014, 02:00 PM

20,005 posts, read 69,439,584 times
Colorado is definitely not "Cali East". I cant think of anything that is similar enough to compare the two closely.

Old 12-11-2014, 02:25 PM

87,016 posts, read 102,663,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandalorian View Post
No.

Both have mountains, sure. CA spans a lot of different latitudes, so the climate differs dramatically across the state. CO is relatively large, but it's not the same. It's also landlocked.

Denver is nice, but it's still fairly conservative as far as big cities go (good). It's not like CA with all the crazy hippies. Most of the state is rural. Politically, it's a swing state.
80% of the Colorado population lives along the Front Range, from Ft. Collins to Pueblo. Most of those people live in metro Denver. Colorado has a lot of rural/undeveloped land, but there aren't many people living there. Politically, we're purple, and probably always will be.

Old 12-11-2014, 03:38 PM

1,462 posts, read 1,371,921 times
I would never consider Colorado *anything* East.

Old 12-11-2014, 03:43 PM

2,343 posts, read 2,755,307 times
Here's the East side of Cali:

Old 12-11-2014, 03:47 PM

6,522 posts, read 7,474,040 times
Its been 15 years since ive been to Colorado, and I sure hope it has not been ruined by Californians to the extent that it is now becoming "California east". Even here in TN we see Californians moving here to escape the mess out there. The western states must really be overrun with Californian inmigration. I hear AZ is full of them. Nothing wrong with people leaving the golden state, but they need to leave California in California. They should not forget that people in their new states don't want Californian politics, social values and attitudes transported to their states.

Old 12-11-2014, 04:20 PM

3,280 posts, read 3,839,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
80% of the Colorado population lives along the Front Range, from Ft. Collins to Pueblo. Most of those people live in metro Denver. Colorado has a lot of rural/undeveloped land, but there aren't many people living there. Politically, we're purple, and probably always will be.
I'm from Laramie originally, I know the area fairly well. A bit mistake people make is automatically thinking CO=Denver=Inner City.

Yes, Denver is the population hub. So is Birmingham in AL for example. One city is not the entire state. More then that, the suburbs in Denver are fairly spread out and differ greatly from the inner city.

Old 12-11-2014, 04:35 PM

87,016 posts, read 102,663,662 times
^^My original point was that Coloradans are not primarily rural. Jefferson County (suburban Denver and into the mountains) is considered one of the "Bellweather" counties in the US in political terms. It looks like American, supposedly. There's everything there, all income levels, high to low and in-between.

Denver is hardly inner-cityish, especially compared to the big eastern and midwestern cities.

Old 12-11-2014, 05:45 PM

5,837 posts, read 10,794,767 times
I guess I'm in the minority of people who think that the two state have certain things in common.

If you love the Sierra Nevadas (or even the high mountains in SoCal like the San Jacintos), you'll probably love the Rockies and vice versa (even the the mountain ranges still have a lot of differences.

The Central Valley is still a wide rural agricultural plain similar to where the high plains meet the Rockies minus the fruit/produce production and larger hispanic population.

If you like Sacramento, but bigger with more amenities, yet proximity to beautiful western mountains, you might like Denver.

Does you California life revolve around the beach/coast, Hollywood and San Francisco, and you never go inland for anything . . . you probably wouldn't like Colorado.

Old 12-12-2014, 06:45 AM

1,085 posts, read 1,348,473 times
I call Northeast California "Colorado West"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.