U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2014, 04:01 PM

3,178 posts, read 3,846,097 times

Advertisements

Come on down to Cleveland town. You'll find many like yourself in areas such as Parma and Brooklyn. Cleveland has the one of the largest Polish communities in the country. 171,000 people of Polish descent call this area home. Blue collar is still the dominant culture in this town.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2014, 10:30 AM

1,230 posts, read 973,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by General Szeliga;37730305[B
]You know about 25% of the Hispanics in the USA are white[/b]
Chicago may be whiter than NYC but not by that much
Chicago metro is 55% non Hispanic White and 60% total white
NYC metro is 48% non Hispanic white and 54% total white
Philadlephia is 65% NHW and 67.5% total white
Boston is 74% NHW and 77% total white

Personally if your looking for a big city in the northeast I would either recommend Boston or Philadelphia, if you want something smaller in the northeast then Pittsburgh would be a fine choice, Pittsburgh metro is 87% NHW and about 87.5% total white
I highly doubt the percentage is anywhere near that high.

Last edited by joeyg2014; 12-23-2014 at 11:18 AM..

Old 12-23-2014, 10:47 AM

1,230 posts, read 973,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tlaneloli View Post
I was gonna leave this but I saw it come up in General U.S. again so I guess I'll reply.

If what you're implying that white people in the US are experiencing demographic genocide then that shows me that you do not really get what genocide is. And it's pretty inevitable for the white population to go down over time because of how exclusionary it is because due to the logic of the one drop rule if you're mixed with something else you're not white. Though in practice if you can pull it off and fit in you'll probably be considered white. But still if somebody has a black parent and a white parent that person would almost invariably be considered non-white. Either white people need to accept they have to assimilate more people it once considered non-white again, or they need to step up their game, or in many cases get some game, so that their fellow white people wouldn't miscenegate as much and then have lots and lots of little white brats, or get some white people to find it more attractive to immigrate here. Otherwise you'll just have to accept you will lose numerical majority and eventually plurality status in lands that were taken from brown people in the first place. I would wish you luck, but I don't.
UN definition of genocide:

General Assembly Resolution 260A (III) Article 2
In the present Convention, genocide means any of the
following acts committed with intent to destroy, in whole
or in part, a national, ethnical, racial or religious group, as
such:

(a) Killing members of the group;
(b) Causing serious bodily or mental harm to members of the
group;
(c) Deliberately inflicting on the group conditions of life
calculated to bring about its physical destruction in whole or
in part;
(d) Imposing measures intended to prevent births within the
group;

(e) Forcibly transferring children of the group to another group

Clearly C and D are happeneing and are at the very least arguable. Additionally you mention it's "inevitable" for the white population to "go down over time" while mixing with other groups. This was and still is all preventable. It's not inevitable if we didn't allow foreigners, manipulative and the naive among us to so greatly influence our immigration policies in the first place. It's not inevitable if it's completely preventable.

Quote:
Now Rudy's first post was not an attempt to challenge the existence of race, rather he was correctly pointing out that the Polish and Italians weren't always generally considered white and were therefore minorities, to this day some people don't consider these groups white, I know I had some friends that didn't back in high school. Whiteness is completely socially constructed, it's a social club of privilege that many European ethnic groups eventually became invited into. The Irish in America for example weren't considered white or part of the dominant culture and were heavily discriminated against. This was until they started discriminating against and excluding black people from their places of work so they wouldn't be associated with them. The Irish started being considered white after that. Don't believe me delve into the history of these groups. And you're the one with the problem here, you're the one that started hijacking the topic with your petty little attacks and erroneous points, so if anyone needs to get over themselves here it's you. Now if you would've read what I actually wrote you would see that I didn't say dog breeds are bred by humans I said that dog breeds are unscientific classifications made up by dog breeders. Now reading this over I realize that you said animal breeds instead of dog breeds and I initially misread, but that's because I saw somebody making a point about race and dog breeds not too much earlier and that was still in my head. However, breeds no matter which animal, are still unscientific classifications made up by people. And the funny thing is breeds are a great example because it's pretty much the same thing as race, they're made up and unscientific. Now I'm not saying breeds or race don't exist I'm saying they're social constructs rather than scientific realities. Of course race is much more important than other animal breeds because there's more ascribed importance to classifications of people than to non-human animals, so of course I recognize the differences and importance, I just see them as they are social constructs. Race is extremely important and pervasive, it'll be silly to pretend that it isn't and I'm pretty sure nobody here was actually saying that aside from you when you were setting up these imaginary strawmen to attack.
We've already gone over this. We are in the 21st century and we are learning more and more about DNA every single day and so far it has completely proven that race is much more complex than some idiots who still want to pretend they're blind like to believe it is. What Irish and Italians were considered 100 years ago means nothing now. There is literally a complete overlap in the genetic makeup of the Irish and British. They are basically identical from an ethnic standpoint let alone racial.

Last edited by joeyg2014; 12-23-2014 at 11:19 AM..

Old 12-23-2014, 12:06 PM

67 posts, read 177,375 times
In the Northwest, consider the following for fairly urban and blue collar:

Spokane, WA
Tacoma, WA
Everett, WA

Based on what I have heard (never been to any), consider:

Milwaukee, St. Paul, Pittsburgh, Omaha, South Philly

Old 12-23-2014, 02:21 PM

401 posts, read 383,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by General Szeliga View Post
You know about 25% of the Hispanics in the USA are white
Chicago may be whiter than NYC but not by that much
Chicago metro is 55% non Hispanic White and 60% total white
NYC metro is 48% non Hispanic white and 54% total white
Philadlephia is 65% NHW and 67.5% total white
Boston is 74% NHW and 77% total white

Personally if your looking for a big city in the northeast I would either recommend Boston or Philadelphia, if you want something smaller in the northeast then Pittsburgh would be a fine choice, Pittsburgh metro is 87% NHW and about 87.5% total white
Pittsburgh is another great city I agree. Gorgeous skyline too!

Old 12-31-2014, 02:02 AM

733 posts, read 747,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyg2014 View Post
UN definition of genocide:

General Assembly Resolution 260A (III) Article 2
In the present Convention, genocide means any of the
following acts committed with intent to destroy, in whole
or in part, a national, ethnical, racial or religious group, as
such:

(a) Killing members of the group;
(b) Causing serious bodily or mental harm to members of the
group;
(c) Deliberately inflicting on the group conditions of life
calculated to bring about its physical destruction in whole or
in part;
(d) Imposing measures intended to prevent births within the
group;
(e) Forcibly transferring children of the group to another group

Clearly C and D are happeneing and are at the very least arguable. Additionally you mention it's "inevitable" for the white population to "go down over time" while mixing with other groups. This was and still is all preventable. It's not inevitable if we didn't allow foreigners, manipulative and the naive among us to so greatly influence our immigration policies in the first place. It's not inevitable if it's completely preventable.

We've already gone over this. We are in the 21st century and we are learning more and more about DNA every single day and so far it has completely proven that race is much more complex than some idiots who still want to pretend they're blind like to believe it is. What Irish and Italians were considered 100 years ago means nothing now. There is literally a complete overlap in the genetic makeup of the Irish and British. They are basically identical from an ethnic standpoint let alone racial.
How is it clear that C or D are happening on a systematic level in America? It's very hard to believe. And if you wanna go through great pains to further restrict immigration to the probable detriment of the country, and your kin, for a silly cause I would say that's your problem but it's actually to the detriment of a lot of people.

How has it been completely proven? In what ways is it more complex? And of course it means something now, not only that it's an example of how this notion of whiteness is completely socially constructed. And as for the genetic overlap scientific research has found all human beings to be about 99% genetically identical if I remember correctly. And Irish and British have important differences but they're not based off genetics they're based off culture, history, identity, all those things that are very important in the social realm, much like race which is a socially construct that has wide reaching effects.

Old 12-31-2014, 11:22 PM

300 posts, read 408,550 times
Pittsburgh.

Old 01-02-2015, 01:08 AM

1,586 posts, read 1,916,662 times
Have you considered moving to St. Pete since your parents live there?

Old 11-07-2017, 10:35 PM

5 posts, read 3,073 times
Stay away from the South. Most white blue collar communities are rural. Stay away from Texas or the southwest. The blue collar neighborhoods in the cities are predominantly Hispanic and Spanish is almost required. The rust belt is probably your best option. Detroit, Cleveland, and Pitt all sound like excellent choices for what you're looking for. It may not be enough 'city' for you but you might be surprised with places like Sioux Falls, Sioux City, or Omaha. Although not very large, they are white blue collar down to earth cities with hard working people and tight families. Once you are finally accepted into their tight communities that have been together for generations, you are practically family.

Old 11-07-2017, 11:12 PM

7,816 posts, read 12,321,925 times
Baltimore, especially eastern Baltimore County might work for you except there are more and more illegal Mexicans and others from south of the border and the Maryland state government does really welcome illegals like with the Dream Act. West Virginia still has blue collar jobs despite the war on coal.

You could also try Louisiana, for example while many people don't think of Baton Rouge as an industrial city it is very much so. The petrochemical industry is the second largest employer after LSU. The Exxon Refinery here is one of the 5 largest refineries in the world and there are dozens of chemical plants in the metro area stretching toward New Orleans.

The New Orleans area also has a lot of blue collar jobs in both the oil industry and in tourism. Louisiana is less overrun by illegal aliens than many other parts of the nation and a lot of the native Democrats here would prefer to be on government assistance than work for a living.......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or