U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 12-15-2014, 03:11 PM
 
2,825 posts, read 3,269,544 times
Reputation: 1650

Advertisements

Any thoughts? Most people say Tennessee feels more southern than North Carolina today, and North Carolina feels more southern than Virginia. However, what about Arkansas? Currently studying the history of the Upper South.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-15-2014, 04:42 PM
 
Location: Eindhoven, Netherlands
10,424 posts, read 12,419,193 times
Reputation: 4857
I think Arkansas, just because there live a lot more Yankees in North Carolina.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-15-2014, 04:45 PM
 
Location: alabama.
2,322 posts, read 1,762,582 times
Reputation: 4700
i dont remember arkansas being a part of the south during the war of northern aggression ..same as kentucky ..all northerners to me ..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-15-2014, 05:07 PM
 
Location: Jersey City
6,488 posts, read 16,157,019 times
Reputation: 5637
Quote:
Originally Posted by HOSS429 View Post
i dont remember arkansas being a part of the south during the war of northern aggression ..same as kentucky ..all northerners to me ..
If you blinked, you probably missed it. Arkansas fell faster than a hog on rollerskates!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-15-2014, 05:09 PM
 
Location: alabama.
2,322 posts, read 1,762,582 times
Reputation: 4700
Quote:
Originally Posted by lammius View Post
If you blinked, you probably missed it. Arkansas fell faster than a hog on rollerskates!
they surrendered ,,HA !!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-15-2014, 08:36 PM
 
Location: One of the 13 original colonies.
10,162 posts, read 6,491,939 times
Reputation: 8024
JayjayCB, why don't you just move to a Northern city. Is seems to me that you want NC to be considered Northern. That is all you ever post about. If you want to be a northerner move up North and be happy. You have an obsession with NC and VA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-15-2014, 08:45 PM
 
2,825 posts, read 3,269,544 times
Reputation: 1650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
JayjayCB, why don't you just move to a Northern city. Is seems to me that you want NC to be considered Northern. That is all you ever post about. If you want to be a northerner move up North and be happy. You have an obsession with NC and VA.
See, that's where you're wrong.

I don't want NC to be northern. If that was the case, I'd call NC "Mid-Atlantic" instead of Upper South. NC is southern, I've stressed that sooooo many times on this site. I compare NC to VA because they're similar states, not because I want NC to be less southern.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-15-2014, 09:05 PM
 
Location: Fishers, IN
6,495 posts, read 10,801,632 times
Reputation: 4060
Quote:
Originally Posted by HOSS429 View Post
i dont remember arkansas being a part of the south during the war of northern aggression ..same as kentucky ..all northerners to me ..
You can remember the Civil War? You have bad memory. Arkansas did secede and joined the Confederacy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-15-2014, 09:12 PM
 
Location: One of the 13 original colonies.
10,162 posts, read 6,491,939 times
Reputation: 8024
Quote:
Originally Posted by HOSS429 View Post
i dont remember arkansas being a part of the south during the war of northern aggression ..same as kentucky ..all northerners to me ..

Arkansas was a Confederate state.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-15-2014, 10:20 PM
 
Location: Anchorage, Alaska (South Central Region)
267 posts, read 239,144 times
Reputation: 245
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayJayCB View Post
Any thoughts? Most people say Tennessee feels more southern than North Carolina today, and North Carolina feels more southern than Virginia. However, what about Arkansas? Currently studying the history of the Upper South.
How does southern feel?

I mean both are in the south just because of their locations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top