U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2014, 11:55 PM

34 posts, read 27,465 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by saranshay View Post
Yes aes328, I always love it when people tell me what I should like. I know there are people that don't like Florida. Just like people love colorado and I am looking to move. And why do people have to critique the fact I wanna move and am bored here? Ive found people on this forum to be very critical when I am looking for help. It's a little frustrating.
What exactly do you like to do?

What exactly annoys you about places?

What motivates, inspires, and excites you? Be specific.

Do you thrive living near an ultra-educated, competitive populous? Does that crowd annoy you? What do you do in your free time? What would you like to do in your free time? The South is very very buggy. Does that gross you out? Humidity is worse in much of the Midwest than it is in Florida. What is "terrible" humidity to you?

Giving general advice based on the information you provided is completely and utterly pointless.

Good luck in your search.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2014, 09:15 PM

4,628 posts, read 3,974,059 times
Quote:
I live In Colorado and am over the cold. I am looking to move somewhere else where I don't have to deal with the cold for so many months. California's weather seems to be ideal in areas, but the cost of living is too much.
Also, since colorado legalized marijuna it's really downgraded the desire to live here because it is bringing in more problems. I believe cali is looking into legalizing it too. Which is another downfall to moving there.
I've been to Florida and in humid areas but only in the spring where it was nice. I read that it is unbearable in the summer......But is there anywhere in the east that you won't die from humidity? I don't mind some humidity. I've also been to Houston in the summer and know that was miserable!
And a good place to raise teens and little kids with stuff to do! It is so boring in Colorado!

Any advice? Experience?
I think boring is the wrong word to use to describe Colorado. I find it too slow, housing costs (especially rent) is increasing faster than salaries, and being completely landlocked is beginning to suck, but it isn't boring. If I wasn't having such bad luck with cars I would be out hiking or exploring the city all the time.

Anyways...without specifics there is no way I can give an recommendations. This is too vague and while humidity does suck, I think there are more important issues.

Old 12-30-2014, 11:47 PM

5,302 posts, read 8,100,268 times
If you can afford Hawaii or Southern California, I think that would be ideal in terms of beaches, weather, hiking, and overall amenities. The East Coast/Midwest is going to be too cold for you in winter, simple as that. If you don't like CO winters, the East Coast winters are about the same (but gloomier) and winters in the Midwest are just miserable.

Florida and the South has humidity--but at least there's beaches you can go to in order to cool off. However, FL's job market isn't very good--wages are low, job mostly revolve around the tourism industry, and the state is getting expensive because everyone's moving there. New Orleans would be a good fit. It does have a crime issue and summers are hot, but people exaggerate the summer weather. It really isn't that bad, and the payoff is that the rest of the year (besides some winter days being really cold) you get nice weather. And it's just a really fun city.

Perhaps also look more into Sacramento, Seattle, or Portland.

Old 01-12-2015, 11:51 AM

108 posts, read 135,412 times
I've lived in Colorado for over 20 years, and frankly I'm not a camping, hiking person. So it is boring to ME. I'm pretty low key and am much happier in the sun/warm weather. I wouldn't mind staying here in co if it was not cold.
I love beaches and touristy type things.
I want a place to have about 10 plus acres where I can have animals. I thought the Tampa area might work, but then I see it's all plagged by sink holes and insurance won't cover your house.

Old 01-12-2015, 02:08 PM

11,145 posts, read 14,129,269 times
Florida is rapidly becoming an extremely undesirable place to live, with nearly 20 million people sardined in that state, and counting. The metropolitan areas, at large, are extremely congested, full of traffic, tourists and cookie cutout development all over the place. Most of the jobs are low paying service jobs, though there are some corporate white collar professional jobs here and there. Florida is also aging at a rate of FOUR times that of the national rate. The median age in FL is rising by 0.4 years per year.

Florida is also going to be the #1 victim of global warming and will be underwater in just 35 years from now.

Global Warming Scientist Warns Florida Will Be Under Water

Old 01-12-2015, 03:59 PM

20,005 posts, read 69,423,575 times
Quote:
I live In Colorado and am over the cold. I am looking to move somewhere else where I don't have to deal with the cold for so many months. California's weather seems to be ideal in areas, but the cost of living is too much.
Also, since colorado legalized marijuna it's really downgraded the desire to live here because it is bringing in more problems. I believe cali is looking into legalizing it too. Which is another downfall to moving there.
I've been to Florida and in humid areas but only in the spring where it was nice. I read that it is unbearable in the summer......But is there anywhere in the east that you won't die from humidity? I don't mind some humidity. I've also been to Houston in the summer and know that was miserable!
And a good place to raise teens and little kids with stuff to do! It is so boring in Colorado!

Any advice? Experience?
What about Phoenix? There are TONS of ex-Coloradans living here, and all seem to love it. Its pretty cheap, and summers are hot, but not humid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or